Planet Zoo: Console Edition

This is something that i'm not interested in, since i don't have a current gen console, but i'm happy for the people that are asking for the console version since 2019 :LOL:

On the other hand, to me this announce feels like the start of the end of Pz..:cry: (this game has so much to offer yet, but has also its problems), so i think this is the right time, after all these years, to say goodbye for now to new contents and enjoying what we have, and waiting for the successor in few years, i hope!

Sorry, I misspoke, I meant the 3 animals from the current Delux package 🙈
View attachment 382313

Ah I see, I get it, they are the deluxe edition animals on steam 🙈

I hope they are accessible after the launch day of the game. I see these 3 animals having more value than the vehicle skins in JWE 1+2 or Oswald's Magnificent Machine with PC Console edition. I would love if these three are free as part of the preorder period, but are purchasable for those who missed out.

2. I am curious to see if people are really going to buy Planet Zoo on console. It does not seem to me like the kind of game console players would enjoy.

The console version of Planet Coaster was a lot of fun when I got it, but the mouse and keyboard setup + limitless buildable assets makes the steam version more desirable ever since I got a more powerful mac.

And I am mixed here. I would probably get the console version of this game, but I would rather play it on mac natively if Aspyr were to port it over. I might get the standard version but I am curious to see if there are any limitations with this version, especially now that they are focusing on PS5 and XBS X|S.

Really happy for all the people who have been waiting so long to be able to play this wonderful game on console!!!
Great news! 🥳
But I also have a question... Are we going to receive one more DLC for PC? or the game's console release means that the Eurasia DLC has been the last for PC.🤔

Well, I'm glad that a lot of people are happy for this. It's great that now console players have the chance to play it.
I would be curious to see how well this plays - I tend to think that games like this are much better suited to PC. I have Planet Coaster on the Xbox One, and it looks nice and all, but it doesn't feel as intuitive.

Will there be new dlcs after this for all platforms? Because there is still much money that can still be made for new dlcs with various new species of animal, like Latin America still desperately needs more representation.

I hope they are accessible after the launch day of the game. I see these 3 animals having more value than the vehicle skins in JWE 1+2 or Oswald's Magnificent Machine with PC Console edition. I would love if these three are free as part of the preorder period, but are purchasable for those who missed out.
Looking at the zoopedia on the site. It shows Thompsons Gazelle, which was a PC deluxe pack animal, as being a non DLC/Pack animal for the console. So looks like it's part of the base game. So, in theory should be there immediately.

Please go get your eyes checked.
Haha yeah like my biggest dissapointment with this trailer was seeing the lion remains unchanged 🤣

Same with hyenas, leopard, tigers, bears and wolves, all features heavily in the trailer.

I hope this consolé release means money flowing into Frontier to help with the financial situation which would be good for all of us.

Happy for those that now get to play the game who couldn't before but very sad if this means the end of new content after the next DLC. The game still has lots of potential (especially aviaries) and I, for one, would happily continue to pay for lots more… Hopefully, once the end of new content does arrive, Frontier will let us know, rather than just going quiet….

😔 a Shame that this will probably mean that there will be probably no more DLCs after the next one. Wonder what the next one will be. There are still so many awesome Zoo Animals that could be added😔
I wish we would get a official Statement regarding DLCs.
Guess now it's Time to hope for a Sequel in a few Years.
I hope, we can at least expect a Size Fix for the Komodo Dragon, when it is even used as a Pre-Order Bonus

Last edited:
Why, exactly, are people not upset about the old Deluxe Edition animals being locked behind pre-orders? The Huayangosaurus situation in JWE2 got more attention and that was a much less greedy move. Sure, other Frontier CMS games had pre-order bonuses, but they're always been extraneous side content like vehicle cosmetics. It's never been part of the game's main content before! Think about it: in this case, people who don't buy the console edition within a certain timeframe will permanently be locked out of animals we've had for years, including the Komodo dragon which is arguably one of the more important species for a zoo sim to have. If more of a stink isn't made about this, don't be surprised if we see "Pre-order now to get the exclusive capybara, Indian peafowl, and grizzly bear!" when a PZ2 is announced.

Last edited:
Why, exactly, are people not upset about the old Deluxe Edition animals being locked behind pre-orders? The Huayangosaurus situation in JWE2 got more attention and that was a much less greedy move. Sure, other Frontier CMS games had pre-order bonuses, but they're always been extraneous side content like vehicle cosmetics. It's never been part of the game's main content before! Think about it: in this case, people who don't buy the console edition within a certain timeframe will permanently be locked out of animals we've had for years, including the Komodo dragon which is arguably one of the more important species for a zoo sim to have. If more of a stink isn't made about this, don't be surprised if we see "Pre-order now to get the exclusive capybara, Indian peafowl, and grizzly bear!" when a PZ2 is announced.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

There should never be a reason that an animal is totally barred from the game just because I didn't buy the game in a specific window. What if I don't have the money right now? This locking of actual animals behind a pre-order comes off as inconsiderate and greedy. Thus, I hope Frontier considers before they go down the slippery slope of bad game practices.

This is what I mean, whether these animals will be available later or not... because if not, unfortunately I will not buy the game, which is a pity

The pc version of planet zoo also had the same preorder bonus back in 2019, thankfully the deluxe edition bonus was made into an upgrade pack (at a very high cost though) so everyone was still able to buy the likes of the komodo dragon to use in their zoos.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

There should never be a reason that an animal is totally barred from the game just because I didn't buy the game in a specific window. What if I don't have the money right now? This locking of actual animals behind a pre-order comes off as inconsiderate and greedy. Thus, I hope Frontier considers before they go down the slippery slope of bad game practices.
Because if I look for a game, for example, only in April, I theoretically no longer have access to these 3 species

The pc version of planet zoo also had the same preorder bonus back in 2019, thankfully the deluxe edition bonus was made into an upgrade pack (at a very high cost though) so everyone was still able to buy the likes of the komodo dragon to use in their zoos.
Not really. The preorder was just to participate in the open beta. Once the game was released for everyone, the deluxe edition was there with those 3 animals

Not really. The preorder was just to participate in the open beta. Once the game was released for everyone, the deluxe edition was there with those 3 animals
Same thing really happening here just without the beta access. We can expect the deluxe edition to be made into an upgrade pack like before as locking out 3 key animals would be a really really bad stunt to pull off when pc players could buy the animals after release (like I did 2 years after launch)

Screenshot_20240130_225822_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom