Planet Zoo: Eurasia Animal Pack arriving 13 Dec ❄️

@Lydiah Moon you said the new colour morphs for the Tigers include the Pseudomelanistic & the Erythristic. I just wanted to let you know there was one more; the Stripeless Tiger.
1702405555758.png

I'm not trying to do anything crazy or be rude. I'm just telling you.

Oh my god. Why was this just quietly done in a random pack nearly 3 years after release? That's the most bizarre part, just why now of all times? Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic, this is basically another new animal being added in this pack. I'm just perplexed.

Maybe these are the end times after all.
The Saiga had a lot of work done on the nose to make it soft and have the right mechanics, I would assume they saw how much people didn’t like the Malayan tapir and it’s nose and applied these mechanics from the Saiga to the tapir.

All of the animals look amazing. The swan is the main highlight after seeing it in videos, but the rest of the models are not that far behind.

But the update is really what I was shocked by. I didn’t expect us to actually get a load of new pieces, we got like at least 30 new usable pieces from the gift shops, as well as the regular signs and statue (btw very happy they chose the takin) as well as new panels, a new door which I will use til the end of time, and new plants!

This is by far the most delivering content update+dlc they have EVER put out. With all the new pieces it genuinely feels like a scenery pack with 4 more creatures (including Malayan tapir). We should never underestimate frontier, I’m shocked really.

IMG_2619.jpeg

This is not a mod. This screen of updated Malayan tapir was made by @Leaf Productions - thank you Leaf you are the best!

Edit: It was @Iben who discovered the updated Malayan tapir 🙏🏽

Thank you Frontier for the officially the best pack ever!

Tapir is something I really wanted for a very long time.

Could anyone check if they also updated the American bizon size this time? That would also be amazing.

Last edited:
Tapir distracted me from talking about how well Wolverine is made.

Model wise, the fur and paws look great and the body shape is right. The babies are fantastic, distinction has been done very well!

I also love that there are both the bright brown-dark yellow and dark brown-pale stripe variants. I haven't noticed so far in videos if these are color morphs for both, or is one for male and other for female, but regardless.

But easily the best thing about Wolverine is abundance of enrichment for it to use, it makes for such dinamic exhibits, no two habitats I make for them will look the same!
Just watched Savannah's video and confirmed that not only are yellow stripe (tan) and pale stripe (white) indeed a morphs, but that there's third darker, "red" morph. So cool 😌

Slight nitpick of some recent good news! The Saiga has just been moved from Critically Endangered to Near Threatened! So that needs to be updated in the game. Probably in one of the upcoming patches
Likewise, the Scimitar-horned Oryx is no longer Extinct in the Wild, and has been reclassified as Endangered. Those are the only two habitat species to have changed in the recent IUCN red list update, but I wonder if there's any amphibians (there's a looooot of frogs doing really poorly) that I didn't catch.

Also, since this removes our only EW animal in the game, I think we're owed the Pere David's deer as compensation. It's only fair.

Don't worry about that (the end will come anyway) now, just enjoy the new things.

The tapir getting an update probably happend cuz they figured out better noses for the animals thanks to the Saiga? I don't know, but it's a welcome change!
Overall the video's look so promising and I can't wait to jump into it tomorrow :D

Don't worry about that (the end will come anyway) now, just enjoy the new things.

The tapir getting an update probably happend cuz they figured out better noses for the animals thanks to the Saiga? I don't know, but it's a welcome change!
Overall the video's look so promising and I can't wait to jump into it tomorrow :D
Very Well written. I can really sign your first sentence.
And yes, the Saiga introduction probably was the reason to go back to the Tapir. And this raises a little my Hope for my little antelope Friends which also could use the nose animation 🙂. And it has to be said that Winter Updates mostly tend to be bigger than the residual updates within the rest of the year.

View attachment 377903
This is not a mod. This screed of updated Malayan tapir was made by @Leaf Productions - thank you Leaf you are the best!

Edit: It was @Iben who discovered the updated Malayan tapir 🙏🏽

Thank you Frontier for the officially the best pack ever!

Tapir is something I really wanted for a very long time.

Could anyone check if they also updated the American bizon size this time? That would also be amazing.
Wait whaaaat? Am i dreaming? :eek:

Top Bottom