Planet Zoo roster analysis: How far we've come

Sweet! now scream PELICAN! to frontier xD
You have summoned me
Finally a Pelican!.jpg

Without sounding greedy i want one of the next two packs to just bring one habitat animal that lives in europe, just one to crack that twenty. That would be such a cool and amazing mile stone and just thinking about having the majority of continents past that border makes me excited
Considering europe started with 2 habitat animals and 0 exhibits, and is now nearing 20 habitat animals and has 6 exhibits, as well as 3 dedicated scenery themes, I think we can name it "most improved continent".

Without sounding greedy i want one of the next two packs to just bring one habitat animal that lives in europe, just one to crack that twenty. That would be such a cool and amazing mile stone and just thinking about having the majority of continents past that border makes me excited
@KönigDerKaffeebohnen I have a question for you. What are your priorities in order for the 10 next european animals (both habitat and exhibit)?

Seeing birds break past 10 makes me both happy and feeling very greedy. I absolutely feel like frontier could give us more habitat birds. Shoot with the rigs we have Frontier could give us a dedicated bird pack, wouldn’t even have to make new rigs, and I would be over the moon. Of course I would love some new and unique birds, like the burrowing owl. That’s not up to me though.

Also while I understand support could very well end soon, I feel like a Latin America/ Central America/ Amazon pack is coming. I also think those packs would be the best chance to get new monkeys, and maybe parrots. It’s also interesting to see Africa dethroned by Asia, but Frontier has been loving Asia lately so it makes sense.

Also while I understand support could very well end soon, I feel like a Latin America/ Central America/ Amazon pack is coming.
I really think it's inevitable at this point, I'd be genuinely shocked if Frontier made a fully fledged return to regional packs and decided not to revisit the most highly requested continent. I doubt they'd have prioritised Eurasia over SA if they didn't plan to have at least a couple more DLCs in 2024.

I really think it's inevitable at this point, I'd be genuinely shocked if Frontier made a fully fledged return to regional packs and decided not to revisit the most highly requested continent. I doubt they'd have prioritised Eurasia over SA if they didn't plan to have at least a couple more DLCs in 2024.
Interesting to note, South America is the only continent that didn't get two dedicated packs yet (antarctica not withstanding).

@KönigDerKaffeebohnen I have a question for you. What are your priorities in order for the 10 next european animals (both habitat and exhibit)?
Kinda context dependent, but in general id say that my biggest and most realistic want is the alpine marmot and its the one animal id be pretty bumbed about missing.
Its imo the perfect kind of clone pick, bringing a new rig for a region that expands on a taxonomic group with low representation while being significantly different from the "cloned" animal, in this case in size, biome and niche, while also being a cool animal in its own right as a big chonky rodent that hands out Ls to anything not named golden eagle, bear or wolf.
Imo a perfect addition for a mountain pack and i really hope we see them.

Everything else is less set in stone for me.

Imo the game would greatly benefit from mallard duck, western capercallie and white stork as all 3 are the nominal member of their familys while also being iconic in their own right and having unique desireable attributes with the storks range, cultural importance and status as one of the historically important migration birds (storks that got pierced by african tribal weapons and made it to europe where key in figuring out how far and where they migrate to), the capercallie is the largest and arguably most iconic groose and would add a new kind of ground bird and the mallard is just a general menace and one of the most surprisingly interesting animals i researched so far.

Honorable mention to the dalmatian pelicsn but id prefer the great white but id defenetly take the dalmatian aswell its still a pelican afterall.

For the last 2 wild animals imo the chamois and european wild cat would be neat to round out the roster, completing the iconic european non avian mountain dwellers with in my opinion the prettiest goat species in the chamois and adding one of the most common european wildlife thats actually displayed in major Abc zoos. Im generally not the biggest fan of new cats, but they feel too important to modern european wildlife conservation to leave out, while also being a gerally usefull critter.

The main mammalian honorable mentions would be the red squirrel and a marton.
European martens would be neat but are severly outclassed by the yellow throated and i have to little belief in frontier adding the squirrel, eventhough theyd be hella fun if done right.

Lastly for habitat animals atleast 4 domestics are a must, with domestic donkey, shetland pony, flemish giant/lop rabbit and scottish highland cattle as a banger like up for any petting zoos with long and interesting breed historys for each.

Honorable mentions would be the kronik horse and heck cattle, bred to resemble the extinct Tarpan (european wild horse) and aurox and are decentld common in especally smaller zoos.
No matter what you think about the projects themself theyd certanly be interesting additions.

For exhibits european adders and pond turtles would be cool, the former being the most north living venemous snake and the ladder is another of europes most important wildlife projects, with them being kept and bred in most european zoos, even if id vastly prefer them as habitat/hybrid animals

Kinda context dependent, but in general id say that my biggest and most realistic want is the alpine marmot and its the one animal id be pretty bumbed about missing.
Its imo the perfect kind of clone pick, bringing a new rig for a region that expands on a taxonomic group with low representation while being significantly different from the "cloned" animal, in this case in size, biome and niche, while also being a cool animal in its own right as a big chonky rodent that hands out Ls to anything not named golden eagle, bear or wolf.

Imo the game would greatly benefit from mallard duck, western capercallie and white stork as all 3 are the nominal member of their familys while also being iconic in their own right and having unique desireable attributes with the storks range, cultural importance and status as one of the historically important migration birds (storks that got pierced by african tribal weapons and made it to europe where key in figuring out how far and where they migrate to), the capercallie is the largest and arguably most iconic groose and would add a new kind of ground bird and the mallard is just a general menace and one of the most surprisingly interesting animals i researched so far.

Honorable mention to the dalmatian pelicsn but id prefer the great white but id defenetly take the dalmatian aswell its still a pelican afterall.

For the last 2 wild animals imo the chamois and european wild cat would be neat to round out the roster, completing the iconic european non avian mountain dwellers with in my opinion the prettiest goat species in the chamois and adding one of the most common european wildlife thats actually displayed in major Abc zoos. Im generally not the biggest fan of new cats, but they feel too important to modern european wildlife conservation to leave out, while also being a gerally usefull critter.

European martens would be neat but are severly outclassed by the yellow throated and i have to little belief in frontier adding the squirrel, eventhough theyd be hella fun if done right.

Lastly for habitat animals atleast 4 domestics are a must, with domestic donkey, shetland pony, flemish giant/lop rabbit and scottish highland cattle as a banger like up for any petting zoos with long and interesting breed historys for each.

Honorable mentions would be the kronik horse and heck cattle, bred to resemble the extinct Tarpan (european wild horse) and aurox and are decentld common in especally smaller zoos.
No matter what you think about the projects themself theyd certanly be interesting additions.

For exhibits european adders and pond turtles would be cool, the former being the most north living venemous snake and the ladder is another of europes most important wildlife projects, with them being kept and bred in most european zoos, even if id vastly prefer them as habitat/hybrid animals
Capercaillie and mallard ducks are actually two of my most wanted birds. I saw the capercaillie at the Bronx zoo and thought it would be a perfect “cold weather bird” besides the swan and penguin. Mallard is Duck and speaks for itself

Great response! Surprisingly, my most required european animal didn't make your list: the Eurasian otter.

Capercaillie and mallard ducks are actually two of my most wanted birds. I saw the capercaillie at the Bronx zoo and thought it would be a perfect “cold weather bird” besides the swan and penguin. Mallard is Duck and speaks for itself
Cappercaillie would be so awesome. Is one of the few European animals i still want.

Great response! Surprisingly, my most required european animal didn't make your list: the Eurasian otter.
Imo they would be defenetly neat and an okay addition to give europe a diver that isnt the seal, but it isnt even the otter id add next as the sea otter is just more unique.
Also id want the eurasian otter more for the fact that they appear all throughout north africa the middle east and Asia then europe specifically.

Talking about europe, imo the european mink is in any way superior.
Critically endangerd, more distinct looking and just adorable, these guys would be a very neat addition for europe, but atleast to me they are neither a great new addition (domestics, birds) or that synergistic in rounding out the current roster (the other 3) and while a cool animal in its own right feels more like a neat extra then anything distinctly needed to round out the roster
images.jpeg-2.jpg

I updated the taxonomic table (I'll wait for the zoopedia for the continentaltable for the domestics). We now have 187 animals, which means we are 13 animals away from 200. Which would be your choices for these 13?

I updated the taxonomic table (I'll wait for the zoopedia for the continentaltable for the domestics). We now have 187 animals, which means we are 13 animals away from 200. Which would be your choices for these 13?
  1. Duck (most essential rig/animation set)
  2. Grey Crowned Crane or Secretary Bird (one of two things deeply needed for Africa)
  3. Caribbean Bird (Americas need a bird)
  4. Pelican (nice rig/animation set)
  5. Golden Lion Tamarin (My top pick and a highly useful rig/animation set)
  6. Geoffroy's Spider Monkey or Black Howler Monkey (deeply needed for SA)
  7. Hamadryas Baboon (new habitat)
  8. Guereza (Africa needs a smaller monkey)
  9. Spectacled Bear (good for SA and finishes the bears)
  10. American Black Bear (important for NA and finishes the bears)
  11. Serval (though I expect an ocelot)
  12. South American Coati (One of the popular arboreals)
  13. Tree kangaroo (The other popular arboreal)

SA Animal Pack

Spider monkey
Squirrel monkey
Pygmy marmoset
Coati
Roseate spoonbill
Southern tamandua
Manatee
WE: Macaws in mixed colourations

Arboreal scenery pack

Pygmy slow loris
Tree hyrax
Tree kangaroo
Grey fox
Red squirrel WE

1. Hamadyras Baboon
  2. South American Coati
  3. Spidermonkey
  4. Mandarin Duck
  5. Great White Pelican
  6. Nilgai
  7. Mantled Guereza
  8. Tree Kangaro
  9. Golden Pheasant
  10. Patagonian Mara
  11. Rosate Spoonbill
  12. Southern Screamer
  13. Yellow Throated Marten
From the top of my head, so id probably change something if i think about it more thoroughly

Top Bottom