Planet Zoo - Update 1.1.1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm not anti-zoo. I am against keeping any animal in a zoo that cannot meet their requirements. I know that some animals thrive in zoos but polar bears aren't one of them, at least not in most zoos. The wild polar bear is going to go extinct in the next few decades, if not less. They are breeding with southern bears now and have produced a viable new sub-species we are calling the grolar bear. If the only way to keep polar bears in the world is in zoos that can't meet their requirements, then yes, I am against captive breeding them.
With all due respect, I disagree. I think that ultimately, conservation is more important than ethics. I would give my life to save animals from extinction and if it meant future polar bears would continue to live in the Arctic, I would keep a polar bear in a zoo that didn't meet its requirements. Also I'm not sure what your point about grolar bears is.

With all due respect, I disagree. I think that ultimately, conservation is more important than ethics. I would give my life to save animals from extinction and if it meant future polar bears would continue to live in the Arctic, I would keep a polar bear in a zoo that didn't meet its requirements. Also I'm not sure what your point about grolar bears is.

The "grolar bear" line that so many spiel is basically people trying to imply that because brown bears are ranging further north (because of man-made climate change, I add) and interbreeding with polar bears that their extinction is somehow "natural" rather than exacerbated. It's nonsense (and that's a polite way of saying it). Grolar bears are not a "viable subspecies" they are a hybrid, and like all hybrids the offspring are often born sterile or with other defects.

I disagree with both of you though - I think a zoo should absolutely strive to meet the animal's requirements, and if they can't get close then they shouldn't house the animal.

The "grolar bear" line that so many spiel is basically people trying to imply that because brown bears are ranging further north (because of man-made climate change, I add) and interbreeding with polar bears that their extinction is somehow "natural" rather than exacerbated. It's nonsense (and that's a polite way of saying it). Grolar bears are not a "viable subspecies" they are a hybrid, and like all hybrids the offspring are often born sterile or with other defects.

Grolar Bears and Pizzly Bears are fertile and they do exist because of climate change:

Okay, is my game just not updated or something? My polar bears are requiring a huge amount of space, almost 6 times more than any of my other animals. The path and stuff mechanics are hard enough to master compared to games like Zoo Tycoon. I guess I'm going to have to really learn how to work it so I can rebuild my entire exibits.

Okay, is my game just not updated or something? My polar bears are requiring a huge amount of space, almost 6 times more than any of my other animals. The path and stuff mechanics are hard enough to master compared to games like Zoo Tycoon. I guess I'm going to have to really learn how to work it so I can rebuild my entire exibits.
I agree. The required Size is way bigger than anything that is recommended by AZA or EAZA. How much Space do your Bears need? They should need 6000,0m² Land-Area and 2000,0m² Water-Area per Animal. There are currently 4 Polar Bears in my Zoo (2 Adults and 2 Cubs) and the 4 Bears need 8000,0m² Land-Area and 2500,0m² Water-Area

Your game is updated, it's just the original figure was so out of proportion that even the half reduction doesn't help. It still needs to be halved once or twice more. Anything from 2000 to 4000 square meters including water would be manageable and in-line with other animals that require a lot of space irl.

The update was good 🐻‍❄️
john-mulaney-not-funny.gif

It gets super annoying, doesn't it? I honestly wish they'd close the update threads after a month or so. It's one of the most annoying kind of trolling.
So many times this has been done before, and some people continue to be fooled (including me).... We do it to ourselves. Everyone wants dlc, but everything calmly....

So many times this has been done before, and some people continue to be fooled (including me).... We do it to ourselves. Everyone wants dlc, but everything calmly....
Honestly, it's not even the disappointed excitement. I don't even have that much, but I have a deep disgust from revoking old threads from the grave when they have no relevamce. And I just click on them because of my notifications, as this old threads are automatically marked as watched because I posted on them three month ago.
It's just an old, childish joke that to me perosnally is just annoying and not funny. Along the same line with april fool's joke, especially the super obvious one.

There is a special place in hell reserved for you friend 🙃
I wanted to lighten the atmosphere 😅
We're all waiting for the new DLC and everyone is looking forward to it.... As you can see from the comments 🙈 😂
By the way, I wanted to thank you for the work the developers have already done for us. This game is already a piece of work. For that the applause is due.
When the DLC 1.12.0 is due, we will thank the appearance of South America ❤️ (1.2.0)....
We can appreciate things after time ❤️
Greetings

I wanted to lighten the atmosphere 😅
We're all waiting for the new DLC and everyone is looking forward to it.... As you can see from the comments 🙈 😂
By the way, I wanted to thank you for the work the developers have already done for us. This game is already a piece of work. For that the applause is due.
When the DLC 1.12.0 is due, we will thank the appearance of South America ❤️ (1.2.0)....
We can appreciate things after time ❤️
Greetings
Don’t worry, I was joking. 😉 It was my fault for being baited haha.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom