Planet Zoo - Update 1.1.2

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey Zookeepers!

We're back from our festive break and ready to kick off 2020 with our first Planet Zoo update!

Thanks for all of your fantastic support, feedback and patience as we've continued to update Planet Zoo. We've now released Update 1.1.2, which contains a range of fixes.

Here are the update notes for 1.1.2:
  • Fixed a material streaming issue where objects would load in blurred.
  • Fixed a bug where thousands of dung would crash the physics system on loading zoos.
  • Fixed a crash on load of a zoo where the audio system would run out of memory.
  • Fixed Cheetah female and Polar Bear being able to jump into water.
  • Fixed a number of crashes due to crowd navigation.
  • Fixed check boxes for object placement settings responding to keyboard shortcuts.
  • Fixed guests getting trapped by path editing near them.
  • Fixed guests getting stuck on load.
  • Fixed various crowd related crashes.
  • Fixed block of frozen fruit enrichment item unlocking via Galapagos or Giant Tortoise research.
  • Fixed inspectors not visiting zoos.
  • Fixed Mechanics not repairing vandalised items.
  • Improved loading times of zoos with lots of climbable objects.
  • Fixed big cats being able to climb tall walls to escape.
  • Fixed clicking a time line notification about breeding animals.
  • Various localisation and text fixes.
  • Fixed a crash when using object selection shortcuts in the animal info pop up.
  • Fixed an issue where cancelling an animal move request at a specific time could cause issues.
  • General bug fixes.
Please continue to send us feedback and reports on the Issue Tracker so we can continue to improve our community's experience.

Thank you! I have been waiting for a fix to blurry objects since release!

Update- Tried with the patch and objects are still blurry. Running on a decently up-to-date rig with 16GB and a GTX 1070. Have a ticket out there, but it was just left to die.

Last edited:
Thanks for fixing the Window where we can see how many Animals we've bred, released, sold, bought. I've always wanted to know for each Species how many of them I've bred. I was so happy when I saw that I've already bred 112 Gorillas, 91 Bonobos, 49 Orangutans, 112 Siberian Tigers......
Also thanks for fixing the blurred Textures on some Objects

Thanks for your work! Glad for people with bugs. But it's a good feeling when none of this update is effecting you because you are lucky enough to have none of this bugs. ^^ Well, okay, maybe I haven't seen the inspector in a while.. hmmm...

My game crashes when I build too much in pause and then hit play. Currently checking on how to reproduce before I put it in the issue tracker, though.

With the update, a new thing is that most of the times when I click a notification alert (e.g. "xy matured") the window of the specific animal opens with the "studbook" tab opened, instead of the overview tab like before. anyone else encountering this?
1579182903523.png

I would like to know if the optimization of the pathfinding also includes that transport rides now work better?! Or is this issue still being worked on?

Regarding the Transport Rides, I believe we are still collecting information on that, but the team are aware that some people are experiencing problems with it. We are looking into resolving that issue in a future update. However, as it is the festive season, the team are out of office, so I can't report on any other bugs I've read in this thread - I just know I definitely spoke to the team about the Transport Rides before I left myself.

Thank you for taking time to work on these and release what is ready to go. Myself I have not been affected by these issues but obviously some have so improvements overall are always to be thankful for. Everything comes to he who waits.

I’m still having an issue where my self-created blueprints are being locked right away despite being in the same exact game mode and scenario :(

Like others I have not encountered many of these errors, so lucky me I guess. Still, it's always good to know things are being patched.

My game crashes when I build too much in pause and then hit play. Currently checking on how to reproduce before I put it in the issue tracker, though.

I'm having a similar issue, but I've found that 9 times out of 10 if I leave it for long enough it kicks back in. Forgive me if this seems obvious (I'm sure you've tried it), but are you waiting for it to 'unfreeze' or giving up straight away? A couple of times it's been a true crash, but most of the time it seems to right itself when it catches up (thank the devs for auto-save).

I'm having a similar issue, but I've found that 9 times out of 10 if I leave it for long enough it kicks back in. Forgive me if this seems obvious (I'm sure you've tried it), but are you waiting for it to 'unfreeze' or giving up straight away? A couple of times it's been a true crash, but most of the time it seems to right itself when it catches up (thank the devs for auto-save).
Both. Once I found out that sometimes I have to wait longer, I didn't quit via task manager. However, I do have back to desktop crashes as well.

Top Bottom