Planet Zoo - Update 1.2.5 available now!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

We have just released Update 1.2.5, thanks to all of your Issue Tracker reports and save files that you sent in to us. Please continue to file Issue Tracker reports whenever you come across the issue, so the team can look into resolving it in a timely manner. Here's what Update 1.2.5 contains:

Planet Zoo - 1.2.5 Update Notes
  • Stability and Crashes
    • Fix for crash-on-load or infinite loading screen of old and/or large park saves.
  • General
    • Fixed the nav mesh rebuild loading tool tip being re-triggered incorrectly after saving and reloading.
  • Bobbin Drum Enrichment item is now correctly unlocked after researching the following animals:
    • Bonobo
    • Bornean Orangutan
    • Formosan Black Bear
    • Giant Panda
    • Himalayan Brown Bear
    • Mandrill
    • Polar Bear
    • Western Chimpanzee
    • Western Lowland Gorilla
  • Small Ball Colourful Enrichment item is now correctly unlocked after researching the following animals:
    • Capuchin Monkey
    • Aardvark
    • African Wild Dog
    • Aldabra Giant Tortoise
    • Bairds Tapir
    • Bornean Orangutan
    • Chinese Pangolin
    • Common Ostrich
    • Galapagos Giant Tortoise
    • Gharial
    • Japanese Macaque
    • Nile Monitor
    • Red Panda
    • Red Ruffed Lemur
    • Ring Tailed Lemur
    • Timber Wolf
    • Western Lowland Gorilla
Thank you all for your patience.

Also, we will be streaming with San Diego Zoo tomorrow (24/06/2020) at 7PM BST! Chanté will be joined by Olivia, an Educator at San Diego Zoo Global, who will be discussing how they educate and entertain their guests. To end the stream, we'll also be taking a look at a couple of zoos that PlanZo Fam members have uploaded to the Steam Workshop for some inspiration. Please join us; we will be live on Twitch and YouTube, and hope to see you all there! (For those who are unable to watch live, it will remain on YouTube after too!) :D 🦁

Food quality seems to be fixed, thank you.
Ok it's fixed for some, but not all animals ?!?
But as it is not mentioned, I like request to get changelogs with more information in general, yes it’s uncommon nowadays…but just cover it behind a path of links...just for me and two or three others ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. The Drum Enrichment item is now unloack for me.

The final fun fact for the Capuchin is still locked after researching it in full.

Is anyone else getting a bug where guests seem to glitch all over the screen? Makes the game impossible to play with guests

Huh, I was pretty convinced we'd be seeing 1.3.0 announced. 1.2.5 doesn't seem to cover much in terms of what I've seen discussed on the board as a whole.

A collab between Planet Zoo and San Diego Zoo!? I’m in!!

“...Educator at San Diego Zoo Global, who will be discussing how they educate and entertain their guests...” Is there a possibility that Planet Zoo might be getting an educator staff upgrade? Or maybe some entertainment for guests in terms of animal talks/meet an ambassador/interactive stations? That would be amazing!

Some music, education speakers, and sound ambience is currently not working in this update I noticed.

Last edited:
seriously, what even is this update? none of the most common problems has been fixed or adressed in this update. nice work frontier, you just lost one more player because this for me is dead... steamcharts says it all, you are driving this full speed into the ground -.-

Erm this update is what it says in the OP. Stop trying to derail the thread just because it didn't include supposed fixes you deem a priority, do you ever think that there may be some players who have benefited from the 1.2.5 fixes? Are you saying this shouldn't have been released just because you're having problems?

Erm this update is what it says in the OP. Stop trying to derail the thread just because it didn't include supposed fixes you deem a priority, do you ever think that there may be some players who have benefited from the 1.2.5 fixes? Are you saying this shouldn't have been released just because you're having problems?
Well i had similar thoughts about this update as it looks like there is not much updated, altough i dont know how much work it was to update/fix these things.

Some music, education speakers, and sound ambience is currently not working in this update I noticed.
Yes, they are mute until you change the content back and forth.

Are you saying this shouldn't have been released just because you're having problems?
I'm not that frustrated as danny420, but i'm getting worried with new bugs due updates. Also I'm missing known issues feedback, at least with the top voted issues in the tracker.

I'm not that frustrated as danny420, but i'm getting worried with new bugs due updates. Also I'm missing known issues feedback, at least with the top voted issues in the tracker.

While I understand some people are frustrated, i don't think you should react like that. Your comment is similar, but a much more pleasant tone. So I fully understand inspectorgadget1's comment.

Steamdb is something I check regularly and there's nothing wrong. Looks pretty standard compared to other games. The extra activity when the Corona-vrius started makes sense, most things are starting up again, the weather (in Europe) is very good atm, so less activity is also logic.
Btw, Steamcharts didn't even record the first months correctly.

I consider this a hotfix update. The first 2 were "big" ones. Maybe some bugs are not that easy to fix or planned for the bigger update. Who knows how much time they spent on fixing just those 2. Like the phasing/escaping is extremely annoying if it happens but not game-breaking compared to those 2.
And maybe (!!) some bugs will be solved because they are planning to overhaul certain features ? Seen this happen a lot of times with other games, they don't spend time fixing the bug but change the feature. ( which also brings new bugs :p )

Edit: Tbh, was expecting more fixes after that many weeks :D

no, im expressing my opinion here which i have the right to do so ;) also you can look into forums and steam forums and you will see alot of the major problems have not even been adressed or talked about.

And to the post above me, saying that animals phasing trough walls isnt a gamebreaking issue is just nonsense (dont want to be offensive here but no other word comes to my mind). Its like playing planet coaster and your coasters randomly derail even tough the rails are all connected. Its like the core thing of the game not working correctly. Do you think its fun for me when playing my Zoo and 3-4 hours in suddenly animals start escaping? Not fun at all

Last edited:
Top Bottom