🐾 Planet Zoo - Update 1.9 coming 12 April 🐾

The Stream was sponsored by the Capybara Spa game on Steam..:LOL:
Screenshot (12).png

My idea was that Sloth was a member of Xenarthra family, which all have very unique form of teeth.

They're even translated to "toothless" order in my language.

Now I can't explain what's the deal with their teeth from the top of my head but I'll look up some link

"The teeth of xenarthrans differ from all other mammals. The dentition of most species is either significantly reduced and highly modified, or absent.[18] With the single exception of Dasypus armadillos and their ancestral genus Propraopus, xenarthrans do not have a milk dentition. They have a single set of teeth through their lives; these teeth have no functional enamel, and usually there are few or no teeth in the front of the mouth and the rear teeth all look alike. As a result, it is impossible to define Xenarthra as having incisors, canines, premolars, or molars."
So people think the teeth mean sloth because sloths are missing certain teeth? I'm struggling to see why that would be used as the clue. Wouldn't it make more sense for the clue to be about something the animal actually has or does?

So people think the teeth mean sloth because sloths are missing certain teeth? I'm struggling to see why that would be used as the clue. Wouldn't it make more sense for the clue to be about something the animal actually has or does?

I mean it kinda makes sense, their order is famous or rather infamous for their unique teeth. Or the lack there of.

Like if there was a species of hornless rhinos. Horn would be a legitimate hint for that fictional species, because Rhinos should have horns, so what makes that rhino unique is that he lacks a horn.

Now if hint was horn, and the answer was tiger because it doesn't have horns that would be stupid.

I mean it kinda makes sense, their order is famous or rather infamous for their unique teeth. Or the lack there of.

Like if there was a species of hornless rhinos. Horn would be a legitimate hint for that fictional species, because Rhinos should have horns, so what makes that rhino unique is that he lacks a horn.

Now if hint was horn, and the answer was tiger because it doesn't have horns that would be stupid.
why is birds not being fed by parents until fledging any less realistic / more necessary than mammals being fed (milk) until weaning?

Sorry - wrong pot replied to.

Last edited:
I think that flying birds will never be introduced into the game for the following reasons: even right now aviares can already be perfectly created with the help of mesh panels and the flight mechanism is, for sure, available in the core of Cobra engine but the only big problem is that of birds that cannot follow the same cycle of development, like other mammals in the game. Bird's chicks are born from the egg in a nest, they are fed by their parents until they become adults. This mechanic cannot be reproduced in the game. In the mechanics of the game as it is now, mammalian puppies feed themselves. Even reptiles follow the same cycle. You cannot avoid this fact and an alternative solution that fits the current mechanism of the game cannot be created. You can't create the chick stage for flying birds. This is the big difference why, I think, flying birds will not be introduced as DLC in PZ. It's a dream that I don't think has a chance to become a reality in the current context of the game.
why is birds not being fed by parents until fledging any less realistic / more necessary than mammals being fed (milk) until weaning?

Back
Top Bottom