Planet Zoo's Career Mode

I'm most definitely a sandbox person but I have to admit, this career mode does sound like fun and a nice way to learn the game. Maybe I'll make an exception for this game and do the career stuff before just plunging into sandbox mode :)

Or hopefully the challenge mode. I don't like a sandbox mode with infinite money and unlocked items and animals...

I'm not familiar with challenge mode but if it involves playing on zoos I didn't create I have no interest. Ideally, I'd like a mode where I build my own zoo from scratch with some startup cash and a handful of animals - no infinite money and not everything is unlocked - unlocking of extra animals, buildings, etc., is done by reaching achievement levels on my own zoo. What would you call that?

I'm not familiar with challenge mode but if it involves playing on zoos I didn't create I have no interest. Ideally, I'd like a mode where I build my own zoo from scratch with some startup cash and a handful of animals - no infinite money and not everything is unlocked - unlocking of extra animals, buildings, etc., is done by reaching achievement levels on my own zoo. What would you call that?
This sounds what I’d be looking for - I wouldnt want to move to a different zoo after I’ve completed all missions I would want to progress further with the zoo I have! X

What you're describing is challenge mode.

That means "sandbox" in the planet(coaster/zoo) universe:
  • Unlimited money
  • Everything unlocked

You can imagine it like the Minecraft creative mode

• Unlimited money
  • Everything unlocked

Ok then, challenge mode is exactly what I want! Do we know if there is there going to be a challenge mode in Planet Zoo?

• Unlimited money
  • Everything unlocked

I remember seeing when sandbox mode got revealed in Jurassic World Evolution, and people were disappointed that it was with unlimited money, even though what they wanted was challenge mode, and not sand box.

Jurassic World Evolution has Challenge mode added later, so I guess everyone is happy in the end. I hope just for the sake of completeness that we will have three modes: Career Mode, Challenge Mode and Sandbox Mode. I probably would spend most time in the Sandbox Mode and Career Mode and none in the Career Mode, but I wouldn't want to take away the joy for others.

Jurassic World Evolution has Challenge mode added later, so I guess everyone is happy in the end. I hope just for the sake of completeness that we will have three modes: Career Mode, Challenge Mode and Sandbox Mode. I probably would spend most time in the Sandbox Mode and Career Mode and none in the Career Mode, but I wouldn't want to take away the joy for others.

It does have a challenge mode, but not the type of challenge mode people wanted. They wanted something more like sand box, and no time limit on the save file, as well as missions and monetary restraints

We've also included subtitles in Career Mode, to make the narrative available for those who are hard of hearing; it's important to us that everyone gets to enjoy this story!

This is such a great addition thank you! Will it also be possible to change the font size?

Last edited by a moderator:
This will probably make me more motivated to keep playing. Having a bit of a narrative/story that develops as you play is a really great way to keep players hooked. And the fact that Graham Goring, who also wrote the stories for a number of my favorite LEGO games, is writing the story is a huge plus. I know the humor in the LEGO games, so I'm super hyped about Career Mode. I was almost always in favor of a Sandbox mode, but this will probably be my most favorite mode in Planet Zoo.

This will probably make me more motivated to keep playing. Having a bit of a narrative/story that develops as you play is a really great way to keep players hooked. And the fact that Graham Goring, who also wrote the stories for a number of my favorite LEGO games, is writing the story is a huge plus. I know the humor in the LEGO games, so I'm super hyped about Career Mode. I was almost always in favor of a Sandbox mode, but this will probably be my most favorite mode in Planet Zoo.

For me, I know at some point I'll check out the Career mode.. but this will be when I get bored of sandbox and need to do something else for a while.

For me, I know at some point I'll check out the Career mode.. but this will be when I get bored of sandbox and need to do something else for a while.
I get that, for some people Sandbox is what they do, for others it's Career or Challege, or similar. I usually go for Sandbox as well, because I like 100% freedom. But ironically, while I always get started with a load of ideas and inspiration, after just a few hours I can get either frustrated or bored at the lack of progress or when suddenly my inspiration is gone. But also in many of these games a "Career mode" is usually just a linear series of repetitive challenges in different scenarios. So I really like having a narrative or story drive me through a varied set of scenarios, each building upon the last one.

Top Bottom