Player Community Goal: Deliver commodities to help analyse and attempt to jam the Proteus Wave

Greetings Commanders,

As you may have noticed, so-called Salvation continues his destructive crusade of genocide against the Thargoids. And as you also likely know, this is entirely unnecessary. In this conflict, the Thargoids are not the aggressor, and they do not seek our destruction as some would have you believe. I refer you to Heimar Borichev's recent article in The Sovereign newsfeed for more details on that, but I digress. The time for talk is over, it is now the time for action.

As I am writing this statement, a force of thirty fleet carrier vessels of multiple classes - placed under my command by various allied and partner factions from across the political spectrum - are being placed in strategic locations across ten star systems. These star systems are as follows:
Mel 22 Sector TT-R c4-2,
Pleiades Sector EB-X C1-14,
Synuefe CT-O d7-57,
Synuefe SA-C b33-4,
HIP 23759,
HIP 23483,
HIP 62138,
Coalsack Sector UU-O b6-2,
California Sector BV-Y C7,
California Sector BA-A E6.
Their markets have been opened to all, and they are authorised to offer one-thousand percent above galactic average for deliveries of Computer Components, Energy Grid Assemblies and Radiation Baffles. This is where you all come in. I hereby ask the galactic community to deliver these supplies to us, so that we may attempt to interfere with Salvation's plan. Independent carrier owners are welcome to contribute their cargo bays for storage of the delivered commodities, although we will be unable to reimburse any credits spent doing so. The press release outlining the operation, and how to contribute, can be found here.

The Proteus Wave device is theorised, by my scientific division, to work on similar principles to subspace (IE Witchspace) communications networks. The electromagnetic frequencies of the device would be broadcast directly into the Thargoid-equivalent of a communications system via the connected surface site, as we know they are all linked. To this end, any delivered supplies will be used to construct communications and electromagnetic jamming equipment in an attempt to block as much of the wave as is possible. A rudimentary explanation is that we will flood both standard and subspace frequencies with a blanket of electromagnetic interference emitted from multiple sources, recalling the analogy that two standing waves will cancel eachother out.

We are the breakwater against the Proteus Wave's electromagnetic effects.

In addition to this, I have authorised deployment of an additional seven carrier vessels to other sites of strategic importance - although these will not be accepting deliveries as they are pre-equipped with experimental versions of the jamming equipment. As some of you may be aware, I was actively involved in leading the search for Thargoid Surface Sites in 3303. I hereby exercise my right of first discovery over them, and for the duration of this operation, the McCoy Spaceways corporation claims jurisdiction - on my personal authority - over the following planets:
Mel 22 Sector TT-R c4-2 3 A,
Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-76 B 3 A,
Taurus Dark Region OX-U C2-10 4 B,
HIP 17044 1 B,
HIP 24007 1 B,
HIP 22382 5 E,
HIP 22118 B 3 A.
A secondary consideration when targeting the HIP 17044 system is to protect the megaship Dionysus. I was the original organiser of her construction, and I will not see her put in danger - or even potentially damaged - by the reckless actions of so-called Salvation. Thanks to the cooperation of our long-standing allies Sirius INC, the Dionysus herself will be providing logistical, scientific support and an additional - significantly more powerful - platform for operation of the jamming and interference equipment. This was provided in advance, and is currently being fitted. Salvation might have a megaship, but so do I.

Finally, I will reiterate the McCoy Spaceways travel advisory for all systems listed in this message. During our operation and until the following Friday, there will be significant amounts of both subspace and narrow band communications interference within these systems and the surrounding areas. There may be rolling blackouts of communications, so all pilots in the area are advised to switch to their backups while operating in the vicinity. This is due to our multifrequency subspace and non-subspace jamming attempts. This is by technicality an illegal act, as it is against interstellar law to interfere with the public communications network. However, it has become necessary and I accept full responsibility following the conclusion of the operation.

Thank you all for reading - or listening - however you choose to receive this.
Right on, Commanders.

"I owe it to my friends to try, because I got them into this.
So you see, I'm not going to let you stop me now."
- Unknown, circa 1984.

EDIT/ADDENDUM: The cargo bay fill levels of all involved carriers are updating regularly via the INARA platform.
EDIT: Campaign update 28/07/3308, 10:55UTC.
EDIT: Campaign update 29/07/3308, 17:41UTC.
EDIT: Campaign update 31/07/3308, 05:28UTC.
EDIT: Campaign update 01/08/3308, 20:25UTC.
EDIT: Final campaign update 02/08/3308, 14:56UTC.

Last edited:
As CEO of Sirius INC we are supporting the endeavor, Operation Breakwater, by McCoy Spaceways and lending our considerable engineering and research departments towards its goals. We feel that the entity calling itself Salvation has not exercised due diligence in their technological pursuits and has proven themselves though their actions to be callous in regards to all life forms including humanity. This combination has been proven by history to portend disaster and must be brought to heel.

As seer of the Allied order of the Exemplars, I feel that this is the most effective way to stop the xenocide attempt, and may give us insights into the nature of this grand and misunderstood lifeform. Our hope is that like minded carrier owners will see the potential for inclusivity in this project.
For the good of all and according to free will.

Last edited:
As leader of a group of galactic low-life and vermin, with a strong desire to see the inhabited area of space commonly referred to as 'the bubble' burn in the tender ministrations of Thargoid caustic attack, I regret that I shall not be supporting your counter initiative, preferring to observe from a distance, whilst stealing as many valuable commodities as is practical, the result of the much anticipated wave device malfunction in summoning Hive ships and the massed Thargoid Horde into the home systems.

As leader of a group of galactic low-life and vermin, with a strong desire to see the inhabited area of space commonly referred to as 'the bubble' burn in the tender ministrations of Thargoid caustic attack, I regret that I shall not be supporting your counter initiative, preferring to observe from a distance, whilst stealing as many valuable commodities as is practical, the result of the much anticipated wave device malfunction in summoning Hive ships and the massed Thargoid Horde into the home systems.
I concur with this statement...Starvation's Proteus Wave WILL fail, and so spectacularly that the ensuing destruction and anarchy will be awesome to behold!

But we don't want you to tone it down, that's the issue...we want it to fail explosively! 💥
I mean, the backwash from attempting to blanket jam that many frequencies at such high power may be explosive in itself. Sirius INC have graciously provided extra scientific and damage control crews to the entire fleet, so that if things do go wrong when the Proteus Wave and our counter-waves make contact...

Hopefully it won't turn into, well:
explosive_instrumentation.gif

I would say the same about supporters of genocide, but anybody supporting genocide is far too off their rocker to actually care.
Genocide, or vermin reduction? It depends which side of the coin one perceives, surely? After all, anyone not in full support of some cleansing of the inner systems, with powers supporting slavery, continual conflict to benefit mega corporations and salving of massive egos, would themselves be in a state of mind that would be worrisome to any sane being.

The wave device has already been belittled to "present in system", so one might perceive that the majority of the swarm would be resident and safe in Witchspace, awaiting the orders from the Queen to bring in the drones, not the workers, to negate the troublesome ape descendents interference in their carefully cultivated nurseries.

Genocide, or vermin reduction? It depends which side of the coin one perceives, surely? After all, anyone not in full support of some cleansing of the inner systems, with powers supporting slavery, continual conflict to benefit mega corporations and salving of massive egos, would themselves be in a state of mind that would be worrisome to any sane being.

The wave device has already been belittled to "present in system", so one might perceive that the majority of the swarm would be resident and safe in Witchspace, awaiting the orders from the Queen to bring in the drones, not the workers, to negate the troublesome ape descendents interference in their carefully cultivated nurseries.
It does, but I come from a standpoint of mutual respect. They've shown us clearly that they aren't simple vermin, and are in some fields even more technologically advanced than we are. If this version of the wave device works the way we think it does, which has seemingly been confirmed by the recent GalNet article a few minutes ago, then this may be our only chance - as the likelihood is they will be broadcasting the signal via Witchspace in the same way our comms networks function.

I mean, the backwash from attempting to blanket jam that many frequencies at such high power may be explosive in itself. Sirius INC have graciously provided extra scientific and damage control crews to the entire fleet, so that if things do go wrong when the Proteus Wave and our counter-waves make contact...

Hopefully it won't turn into, well:
Well see, that's where we differ, hopefuly it DOES turn into exactly that...

Per the Borichev article:
"If a new species suddenly emerged on our worlds and began strip-mining our lands, how would we react?”

That's easy, we would try to talk to them first.
The thargoids are over a million years older than us. If they were interested in diplomacy they would have reached out already.

Per the Borichev article:
"If a new species suddenly emerged on our worlds and began strip-mining our lands, how would we react?”

That's easy, we would try to talk to them first.
The thargoids are over a million years older than us. If they were interested in diplomacy they would have reached out already.
Tell that to the many factions that spontaneously emerge and are instantly crushed to little or nothing by those that control the systems they spring up in.

Top Bottom