General Please Enrich our Space-legs life :(

We were thrilled about Odyssey all because of the space legs. Please focus on that more :(

-- Hard Difficulty --

1. Ship interior, of course
  • I understand that there would be lots of works, but it does worth doing for your profit
    Once we had a "home", we will be happy to pay for decorating it, and we will invite our friends to admire our ship ( and tempt them to do the same)

-- Medium Difficulty --

2. Rent a room in station
  • Same reason as ship interior, but it should cause much less effort because:
    • you can make it just several finite standard type of room for different type of location if you guys are really busy.
    • we can just take the elevator to our room, just like how we go to concourse. The thing is already there.
    • we will be happy to pay for decorating it too.

-- Easy Difficulty --

3. Social ability
  • Make us more useless things to do with friends online, e.g.
    • in (Suggestion 2) room or private small lounge which can ordering drinks & foods with credits, playing poker, snooker, arcade game, chess etc.

4. Immersive experience with NPCs
  • Randomly show us the NPCs related to us, such as mission agents of the factions in the station, and OUR NPC CREW (better having a simple conversation if possible later)
    • if you are worried about syncing with other players, you can just put them in the hanger / our ship (Suggestion 1) / outside our room (Suggestion 2)
  • Allow us to "gift" (change) our crews' outfit or haircut and refresh their photos
  • Recruit crew member in station
    • Sometimes we will meet good looking random NPC in station. It would be nice that we can recruit them personally.

Once we have more reasons to be on foot more, I believe your clothes can sell better as well

----
Please "Like" if you support these idea or even just requesting them to enrich space-leg life

Last edited:
I have been saying this several times in other threads, and I'd like to repeat it here: This would be an excellent and relatively easy way for Fdev to make profit by providing content that many players will like.

Ship interiors or, as you suggest, a personal room in some space station, plus furniture and decorations that you could purchase for ARX or win doing special missions or CGs. There could be furniture/decorations that can only be purchased with ARX, and there could be some that can only be won as a reward for some difficult mission or CG.

They already have cockpit decorations. This would be just taking it a step further, and adding full on furniture and bigger decorations (like rugs, paintings, display cases for all your medals, etc.)

I don't think the reasoning is going to sway them here. Adding something to the game for the main purpose of us spending Arx on it to decorate it might be seen as a rather cynical business move. I think in the past the question has been what gameplay we would want with this.

What I will do - is to move in-game talk into game itself - so lounge, dialog options, etc.
AND I would create a secondary market for consumer goods / Odyssey items / even ships & modules.
Option to post your own missions on bulletin board would be nice as well.

I have been saying this several times in other threads, and I'd like to repeat it here: This would be an excellent and relatively easy way for Fdev to make profit by providing content that many players will like.

Ship interiors or, as you suggest, a personal room in some space station, plus furniture and decorations that you could purchase for ARX or win doing special missions or CGs. There could be furniture/decorations that can only be purchased with ARX, and there could be some that can only be won as a reward for some difficult mission or CG.

They already have cockpit decorations. This would be just taking it a step further, and adding full on furniture and bigger decorations (like rugs, paintings, display cases for all your medals, etc.)
These would be great features which we enjoy and they make profits of.

Can Fdev stop those Thargoid stuff a while and focus on the space-leg life sim first?
I believe that those Thargoids can wait. :whistle:

I don't think the reasoning is going to sway them here. Adding something to the game for the main purpose of us spending Arx on it to decorate it might be seen as a rather cynical business move. I think in the past the question has been what gameplay we would want with this.
You have to be pragmatic. Frontier is not a charity organization. If you want new content, they should get some motivating compensation for it.

Which is odd really, as ED and the self publication business started with a request for a ‘charity’ donation of over £1m.
You mean the backers didn't get anything at all in return? It was a pure donation out of the goodness of their hearts?

Also, I don't really understand what you are trying to suggest. For them to launch a new crowdfunding campaign? You would be willing to donate to one, but not to purchase in-game items?

You have to be pragmatic. Frontier is not a charity organization. If you want new content, they should get some motivating compensation for it.
They will - by us buying the DLC this will form part of (and we will have to pre pay for the DLC).

So what this will mean is we'll buy a DLC for the interiors, which the content for be then based around us spending more money on the cosmetics. Basically the pay mechanics of a free to play mobile game on something you've already paid for.

That aside though- if the main focus of the gameplay that's being requested is interior decoration, isn't that something better done by The Sims?

They will - by us buying the DLC this will form part of (and we will have to pre pay for the DLC).

So what this will mean is we'll buy a DLC for the interiors, which the content for be then based around us spending more money on the cosmetics. Basically the pay mechanics of a free to play mobile game on something you've already paid for.
What I said (and which you quoted) still applies.

You mean the backers didn't get anything at all in return? It was a pure donation out of the goodness of their hearts?
Yes, backers make a donation that gives them no legal standing at all (as I found out with another KS where the creator went bankrupt, KS backers were not creditors).

Last edited:
What I said (and which you quoted) still applies.
It's completely unrealistic. Show me an example where a developer has sold a game or DLC on this scale (i.e. equivalent to fully realised interiors for every ship in the game + rentable rooms in stations) with its content based purely on the sale of microtransactions.

lol that the single hardest thing to do is put in the easy section. otherwise not bad
Cards would be pretty easy as it could just bring up an interface familiar to those who play online poker. I've suggested it before, it would be a great addition to the bar area and gambling with credits would be an entertaining diversion IMO.

I remember the big guy at frontier saying that people would get annoyed running through their ship to the cockpit all the time BUT .... look no further than starfield for the solution. One keypress at the hatch will get you to the other side of the hatch, a different keypress will get you straight to the cockpit (as it does now). Simple, yet, Genius. Now they have no excuse.

Top Bottom