PLEASE MAKE POWERPLAY IN "OPEN ONLY"

While Frontier may have indicated that the majority play in Open they were silent on how many players play in Open exclusively - mode selection has always been up to the user.

Frontier remain silent on how many players actually engage in Powerplay (other than indications that it's not many) and haven't said much, if anything regarding the mode distribution of those players.

But what then triggered Sandro to pull the open / weighted merits trigger, and (retrospectively or not) say they think Powerplay is consensual PvP?

I'll make it clearer for you:

How many % wise of ED console owners have subs?

That was the question, if a high % have a sub, then there is no problem. The question is not that it costs more, its do you have it anyway?

From my sample size of 1, 0% have subs :D

But while you can say its not a problem overall, it its a problem for anyone who doesn't sub. It basically becomes a paywall feature for them.

Would you say to the face of someone who can't afford a sub "Sorry, but this is for the good of the game, tough break being too poor to afford a sub"?

Or, Powerplay moves into the multiplayer bracket of the game, like the other multiplayer parts and actually becomes a decent feature.

It is already multiplayer. Just not always direct. But if you are proposing that, then PGs are also multiplayer, so would you suggest they remove from solo but keep PG?

But as I suggested from your post, if you are module shopping, the modules will be in tech brokers. The PP bonuses these days are weak in comparison to raw moneymaking.

He's one person. Its not hard to imagine there are people on consoles doing PP who don't have a sub.

While its easy to get bogged down in how it affects people discussing things in this thread, its worth remembering there are a lot of players out there who don't get involved in forum discussions.

but it is them who are charging money to play online not fd or elite dangerous nor us to play powerplay in open. I cannot believe you grab any argument even the silliest to oppose oopp.

Like open only proponents grab any argument no matter how silly to support OO?

We can sit here dismissing each others' opinions as being silly if you want, but then we might as well just shut down the thread.

From my sample size of 1, 0% have subs :D

But while you can say its not a problem overall, it its a problem for anyone who doesn't sub. It basically becomes a paywall feature for them.

Would you say to the face of someone who can't afford a sub "Sorry, but this is for the good of the game, tough break being too poor to afford a sub"?

And from my sample size on the various discords everyone has a sub.

In the end its a business call for DB, just as he axed mac support. Which benefits the game in general? If it does then down comes the axe.

He's one person. Its not hard to imagine there are people on consoles doing PP who don't have a sub.

While its easy to get bogged down in how it affects people discussing things in this thread, its worth remembering there are a lot of players out there who don't get involved in forum discussions.

Yes, the silent majority who are either easily discounted when they are Open only, and vital when they are sub less console owners.

And from my sample size on the various discords everyone has a sub.
Are you talking about the discord that online?

A lot of people pick the Console because it a cheap family game system.

In the end its a business call for DB, just as he axed mac support. Which benefits the game in general? If it does then down comes the axe.
Let get the facts right. Mac did not support DirectX or some graphic drivers. So Frontier had to drop them. So that not FRONTIER fault. That was Apple fault.

Top Bottom