PLEASE MAKE POWERPLAY IN "OPEN ONLY"

This is such a great game. Engineering ships to fight and fly according to your playstyle is great. Graphics are good. The POWERPLAY system can potentially be a great system. It gives the player base direct control over the power structure and can actively affect what the boundaries are in this galaxy. Unfortunately all the immersion potential is completely wasted because we are living in two galaxies, parrallel dimensions or something not understandable. The powers and their borders can be affected by people's actions in another reality that somehow translates to the current 'open' reality.

You get my drift. You lose the awesomeness of there being one galaxy that we all live in when people can just live in their own pretend version of the galaxy and still influence the 'politics' of the real galaxy called OPEN.

I know this has been brought up plenty in the past, I'm just casting my vote for making POWERPLAY activities only available in OPEN.

PLEEEAASSE.

Seriously though, I think you would see a lot more of your player base return if you made this change.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
You lose the awesomeness of there being one galaxy that we all live in when people can just live in their own pretend version of the galaxy and still influence the 'politics' of the real galaxy called OPEN.
Other players are an optional extra in this game, whereas the single galaxy is shared by all players, regardless of game platform or mode. There is a "real galaxy" - shared by all.

Assuming OP is a newbie, it's interesting they are interested in PowerPlay so early in game. Even if FDev can make PP exclusive to Open mode only, you can't restrict console players' participation.

While its not cut and dry at the same time Powerplay needs a shot in the arm to make it stand apart from the new BGS.

Aren't PP and BGS joined at the hip as they are interdependent? There isn't a new BGS except a heavily patched one :sneaky:

Aren't PP and BGS joined at the hip as they are interdependent? There isn't a new BGS except a heavily patched one :sneaky:

Re PP / BGS, its a one way relationship in that powers are either weak or strong against certain governments. If a power flips enough systems they can lower (or raise) fortification triggers. In the last proposal this would be limited to control systems only.

Seriously though, I think you would see a lot more of your player base return leave if you made this change.

FTFY

I'd like to hear your reasons why making PP open only would drive people away from the game.

Even if FDev can make PP exclusive to Open mode only, you can't restrict console players' participation.

A simple fix to make everybody happy is to let PP continue to exist in Open and in either solo or whatever private group you create. However, the activities for PP that happen in Open should Only affect the Open galaxy. Same in PG and Solo.

Console gets their own PP galaxy to exist in as well. The activities that you perform should only affect the 'actual' galaxy you live in.

Yea, would probably be more server load for FDEV to keep up with but couldn't all Solo galaxies exist on a person's local machine?

It's like people want the benefits of personally doing activities that affect the galaxy but they don't want to actually live in this same galaxy with other people. How is this immersive?

Last edited:
I play only in solo and don't care about power play, so sure, make it open only. But then give solo players a different way to unlock those hardwares (the only thing that makes me considering powerplay is the prismatic shield...)

Assuming OP is a newbie, it's interesting they are interested in PowerPlay so early in game. Even if FDev can make PP exclusive to Open mode only, you can't restrict console players' participation.

They are only restricted if they made the dubious plan to buy a game, and then knowingly choose to not pay what the console owner charges extra to fully play said game.

I mean it sucks, but I don't have alot of sympathy.

The Replicated Man

T
Won't happen OP. If it does, space legs will be launched the next day XD

The Replicated Man

T
Since we're regurgitating topics, let's add something new, like the quantity, and names of those that you think will return.
Someone could ask you the same thing? Names of people who would leave? Or would most just "Suck it up" and play the game like it was intended to begin with?

They are only restricted if they made the dubious plan to buy a game, and then knowingly choose to not pay what the console owner charges extra to fully play said game.

I mean it sucks, but I don't have alot of sympathy.
I think that the 'restrict console players' comment was that to the affect that even if you made PP open only, you would still have three versions of Open, one for each platform.

Personally, PP has been killed by the PC bot culture / master-race.
IMHO, lots of people who get off on ruining other people's enjoyment.

PowerPlay needs a large revamp to make it attractive now. The BGS is much more appealing to me as an End game time-sink. I can see how my actions influence the space around where I fly. A 'politics layer' where the victor is either the one who kills the most people or hauls the most leaflets doesn't have the depth that I am really looking for. It was almost like you could tell something was wrong when FDev had to bribe people to take part in PP by promising exclusive goodies. If PP was strong enough to stand on it's own, it wouldn't need to have to do this.

Top Bottom