Please release Odyssey for console šŸ™

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Calling all console commanders, I play Odyssey on PC but I love it on console too. I started on Xbox and fell in love, I really want the Odyssey experience for all commander's to enjoy. Please you beautiful people at Frontier, let all commanders enjoy the wonderful experience that is Elite dangerous Odyssey šŸ˜ā¤ļø

I'm afraid it's not going to happen, while many gaming studio's are adding different platforms Frontier were unable ( whether by skill or heart )to add consoles or try next gen ( yes I'm still bitter). After the terrible drop of EDO it was all hands on deck for PC and with their priorities on CMS games for the next 3 years due to bad business decisions ??
I bought my series X because I couldn't see EDO running on my Xbox one before the news was eventually given.

I'm afraid it's not going to happen, while many gaming studio's are adding different platforms Frontier were unable ( whether by skill or heart )to add consoles or try next gen ( yes I'm still bitter). After the terrible drop of EDO it was all hands on deck for PC and with their priorities on CMS games for the next 3 years due to bad business decisions ??
I bought my series X because I couldn't see EDO running on my Xbox one before the news was eventually given.
We could start a petition? Odyssey is unique and it would be wonderful to see console and PC commanders together šŸ™

Even EDH didn't manage PC and Consoles playing together, we only affected a shared Galaxy not each other. i
If you want to start a petition fill your boots but please be aware Fdev won't listen . Console is dead to them with EDO. They don't have the people power or the will ??? ( A bit harsh I know but they have written off console in elite or at least that's my honest opinion ).

They can't make it run well on consoles. If they could, they would. No amount of wishing is going to change that. If by some miracle they somehow found the thing they were doing poorly and FPS suddenly doubled even then it'd be a question if they would spend assets resuming work on console given their current position. I can imagine quite a few console players feel a bit betrayed.
We could start a petition? Odyssey is unique and it would be wonderful to see console and PC commanders together šŸ™
Don't do that. They don't like petitions and polls around here.

They can't make it run well on consoles. If they could, they would. No amount of wishing is going to change that. If by some miracle they somehow found the thing they were doing poorly and FPS suddenly doubled even then it'd be a question if they would spend assets resuming work on console given their current position. I can imagine quite a few console players feel a bit betrayed.

Don't do that. They don't like petitions and polls around here.
Personally I don't think the effort was 100% .
Many console players called no EDO ever, way before we were eventually officially told .
All the effort was put onto fixing EDO for PC ( rightly so) and after 2 years it was where it should have been where it dropped .
With the latest happenings in Fdev I'm afraid they don't have the will or the manpower to do any major work and with their priorities on CMS games it's not even a pipe dream now .

Last edited:
afaik
polls and petitions are against forum rules
one of the reasons for dropping ody for consoles was some kind of driver issue on the console side, that manufacturers werent able to fix

do you know about geforcenow?

I donā€™t know why people still try to sell people GeForce now. Itā€™s not a fully equivalent for an console release. Please take note of this. And not everybody had a super duper internetconnection to get games in a good shape on GeForce now.

To the OP,

They have sadly complete abandonment the consoles, even the promised fixes and updates are on hold and get lost in the void of the emptiness in the console galaxy. They donā€™t have the capacity to bring elite on console. And when they would have this, they will steering it for other games, like back in the days.

Elite is on console a lost pearl of joy and a total missed opportunity to raise up against starfield etc.

With theyā€™re new strategies they will stick to the plan, they had for the lore and after this is closed the game will goes into somewhat of a maintenance mode. Till they have a new idea for lore stuff or other things. But this will just happens on pc.

Itā€™s a sad reality, that the games advisement on consoles read like a fully breathing game. But it isnā€™t the case

Last edited:
I donā€™t know why people still try to sell people GeForce now. Itā€™s not a fully equivalent for an console release. Please take note of this. And not everybody had a super duper internetconnection to get games in a good shape on GeForce now.
gfn is viable alternative for pc gaming and gives many console commanders access to odyssey. its not perfect but it works decently well. thats why i presented it as an option.
if you dont like, cant afford it, dont have internet for it or have any other problems with its usage then im sorry.

afaik
polls and petitions are against forum rules
one of the reasons for dropping ody for consoles was some kind of driver issue on the console side, that manufacturers werent able to fix

do you know about geforcenow?
Yeah I tried Gforce now, I've got a PC that's capable. I would have liked everyone to experience Odyssey, with a bit more collaboration with the community Frontier could have made one of the greatest space sims in history šŸ˜€

A screen shot from my Xbox one šŸ¤”

Attachments

• ecb78a27-f03f-42a3-92b0-c2a263d5bf21 (1).png
    ecb78a27-f03f-42a3-92b0-c2a263d5bf21 (1).png
    727 KB · Views: 52

ok

One poster said today in one of the other threads that consoles were only cancelled 'because fdev wanted to get on with the Thargoid narrative'. People have vivid imaginations :D
Yeah I remember a lot being said "consoles bad and slowing down the development" at the time as well . So while we can all put our opinions across we will never really know .

I suppose they were already 7 months behind at the time the made the decision. There are some things that you just have to admit you can't do in a reasonable timeframe.

Besides, there was no way Odyssey was going to work on XBone and PS4. That means making a current gen version of the game first then trying to get the thing on a Series S. A lot of work when you're not convinced you can do it (which they obviously weren't - no company turns down the opportunity to make money unless it's opening themselves to bigger issues later on). A shame, but I can't see how it will happen.

Yeah - clearly the 'now you get a story line' was Dave trying to put out some positive news alongside the 'we failed to get consoles working' bad news. There was no cause / effect around the story / consoles duality.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom