Please release Odyssey for console 🙏

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
no company turns down the opportunity to make money unless it's opening themselves to bigger issues later on).

Well, if they actually made enough money on consoles, they would have pushed it - but at the time they had years of experience regarding how much income the Consoles are bringing in and it was probably not enough to justify the expenses needed to bring Odyssey to consoles.

One other thing that was rather baffling to me was why they were dead set to bring Odyssey on last gens - it was obvious that PS4/XBOne are not powerful enough, yet they didnt even considered a PS5/XBSeries version.

One other thing that was rather baffling to me was why they were dead set to bring Odyssey on last gens - it was obvious that PS4/XBOne are not powerful enough, yet they didnt even considered a PS5/XBSeries version.
Do we know for a fact they didn't? We have no idea what they were developing. If they were failing there though that'd explain a few things.

The effort on next gen was never there ? They hung on to last gen with no intention of next gen . It was as if they knew last gen wouldn't work and we're happy with that excuse ?? Or it could be aliens who knows and fdev won't say.
It was apparent to many that last gen wouldn't handle it and expected the min specs to be next gen ( hence me buying a series X) just like they did with EDO min PC specs ...

It was apparent to many, but apparently not Frontier? They also "marketed' Ody on fairly low specs on PC.
That too.

But also, i do think that by 2021, quite a number of players to expect the game to run at recommended hardware requirements at more than 30fps - and i do think it wasn't the case
They seemed to genuinely aim for 1080p 30fps at recommended - and at the time i felt they were quite there since my gaming laptop at the time was getting more than 30 fps on high settings at 1080p (albeit it was a bit better having a i7-9750h and a gtx1660ti - but obviously running more constrained thermals being a laptop - so it was actually not so much better than the recommended settings)

Well, if they actually made enough money on consoles, they would have pushed it - but at the time they had years of experience regarding how much income the Consoles are bringing in and it was probably not enough to justify the expenses needed to bring Odyssey to consoles.

I can only think this was just a continuation based on previous intended release dates. PS5/XBox series weren't really a thing on the original release date (which was sometime in 2020 if I remember correctly).

Even on current gen though, performance on the Series S may still have been a little too close to their minimum expectations to risk it, based on their expectations at the time on PC and especially with people saying their recommended spec PC was running slide shows. That being the case, this would just mean a release on PS5, which definitely wouldn't be worth their while.

I've seen firsthand what happens when a game is released on a console that can't quite handle it: NMS is pretty much a slideshow on the Switch (in TV mode). It's about as playable as EDO on my last PC (10 years old).

I can't imagine EDO being much better on a base-model PS4. Releasing only on latest gen would be a slap in the face to many last-gen console users. Face slapping should be left to bigger companies, like Microsoft and Sony. They have enough capital to absorb (ignore) the backlash.

I've seen firsthand what happens when a game is released on a console that can't quite handle it: NMS is pretty much a slideshow on the Switch (in TV mode). It's about as playable as EDO on my last PC (10 years old).

I can't imagine EDO being much better on a base-model PS4. Releasing only on latest gen would be a slap in the face to many last-gen console users. Face slapping should be left to bigger companies, like Microsoft and Sony. They have enough capital to absorb (ignore) the backlash.
But why ?
Genuine question ?
I only upgraded to a series X because I knew EDO wouldn't run on Xbox 1 ( which I got when I re found Elite on Xbox 2016 ?? )
It's ok to say to PC gamers you are not going to be able to run this "upgrade" / DLC on your old PC you have to upgrade but because I have an Xbox one I don't need to ??
At what point does old tech become obsolete ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom