PMFs: data, charts, and the coming galactic player wars...

I'm sorry Mangal, but if the source is EDDB, this is not reliable, as it has erased, not only to us, the presence in some systems. I keep fixing. And EDDB continues to correct erroneously.

I'm sorry Mangal, but if the source is EDDB, this is not reliable, as it has erased, not only to us, the presence in some systems. I keep fixing. And EDDB continues to correct erroneously.

Yeah, I know. It is what it is for now. We "lost" some 50 assets if we trust EDDB (I mention something like that in the descriptions), and someone went restoring some ownerships for us yesterday. It's the data we have. The ones missing were mostly in little visited systems. I reckon next month this will have settled a bit. (As hopefully will be the BGS itself)

Last edited:
(As hopefully will be the BGS itself)

Not just settled but also repaired, for if FD doesn't account for the losses of some PMFs that happened due to the bugs, the amount of people playing the BGS will thin out considerably.

Also, the coming of galactic player wars as in the thread title might be very well not happening at all anymore. You only need two MF to lock INF together at around 12.5% and any possible Expansion plans you might've had are gone out the window for 11-12 days. Unless people are not completely oblivious to their possible invasive neighbours they'll make sure to keep them on their turf.

I think most people that have played the BGS so far will be robust enough to stomach a few setbacks and keep it up after all this.

The positives to be expected outweigh the hardships I dare say.

I think most people that have played the BGS so far will be robust enough to stomach a few setbacks and keep it up after all this.

The positives to be expected outweigh the hardships I dare say.

Depends on the mindset of the people entirely. If you see your gains waning before your eyes due to some bugs and you have zero ways to fight against it...

Not happening to us, but some have reported an entire year of work being destroyed since the 11th last month. That's quite the setback.

Last edited:
There have never been any repairs done, I think, due to BGS bugs or problems. That sort of intervention would set a significant precedent and change in approach. I doubt they'll go as far as that. I would already be happy if they unlocked our never-ending conflicts. But at least that means the faction is just paused, rather than taking losses.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
would already be happy if they unlocked our never-ending conflicts. But at least that means the faction is just paused, rather than taking losses.

It the swathe of trapped pending ones that is worrying me - going to be quite a few active simultaneously

Well, ED Bugs aside, I have just about given up on EDDB fixing itself.

I am caving in and updating the lost stuff for my PMF, and finding most of it is some kind of lost recognition of who owns what for most of it. The assets are still listed there, just not recognizing who owns it unless somebody landed there with an updater like EDMC. Whichg means most Planetary Settlements are unassigned now.

Also, not all the info is in EDDB regarding the new minor assets like tankers or other non-landable orbital locations that have been added. Kind of curious how many the big groups have gained if they ever update that.

Last edited:
Also, not all the info is in EDDB regarding the new minor assets like tankers or other non-landable orbital locations that have been added. Kind of curious how many the big groups have gained if they ever update that.
It's really difficult to figure out that those things even exist from the journal - certainly it's not possible from the bits EDDN distributes - and I can't see any way to reliably figure out who owns them.

It's really difficult to figure out that those things even exist from the journal - certainly it's not possible from the bits EDDN distributes - and I can't see any way to reliably figure out who owns them.
Jump in system, and low-wake.

You can target the assets and the owner will be displayed.

That's how I did it, but its a bit annoying needing to jump into each system to check...

Jump in system, and low-wake.

You can target the assets and the owner will be displayed.

That's how I did it, but its a bit annoying needing to jump into each system to check...

Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I've done that for all the ones around Colonia - I meant that I can't see any way from the journal to determine the owner.

Top Bottom