Power Play Merits

Greetings CMDRs! :cool: I know! I know! Whatever Im about to ask has probably been asked before but here I go anyways! :p So Ive recently pledged alligence to Aisling Duval and my goal is to attain the Prismatic Shields. Ive watched a few YouTube tutorials on this subject, more specificaly earning merits via fortifications deliveries. Im well aware that you need to have 750 merits saved up on your 3rd Week being pleadged to the Power and that during the ''TIC'' over to the 4th Week you can purchace as many as you want during this window of oppertunity. Soooooo my question at the end of the day is can you ''SAVE'' up fortification cargo from the powers home system during the weeks leading up the ''3rd'' Week before the tic!? :unsure: Reason being that I will try and purchace this cargo for ''FREE'' without having to buy it at a faster pace!? :unsure: Cheers! :cool:

If you have a ship with 750 or so tons of cargo storage and don't plan to do anything except babysitting this cargo for three weeks, you probably could.

Most people find it easier, though, to do a few high value missions (or go mining for a couple of hours) and simply buy that cargo. During my last few PP forays, I preferred to take down some other powers' supply ships.

BTW - those prismatics aren't cheap - if you don't havethe money for the cargo, you won't buy many shields...

If you have a ship with 750 or so tons of cargo storage and don't plan to do anything except babysitting this cargo for three weeks, you probably could.

Most people find it easier, though, to do a few high value missions (or go mining for a couple of hours) and simply buy that cargo. During my last few PP forays, I preferred to take down some other powers' supply ships.

BTW - those prismatics aren't cheap - if you don't havethe money for the cargo, you won't buy many shields...
The plan was to save money as I have time to waste before Week 3 rolls around to deliver said "SAVED" cargo. I have over 200 million crédits saved up to buy all I will need! :cool: The real question is to confirm if the cargo will "keep" for 3 weeks as im accumulating it for free. Will I be able to deliver the same cargo to achieve the 750 merits!? :unsure:

Here's some typical Prismatic shield costs when I bought them.
Also they are double the weight of Bi-Weave and Standard shields.

8A = 237.8 m
7A = 75.0 m
6A = 23.7 m
5A = 7.5 m
4A = 2.3 m
3A = 743 k
2A = 234 k
1A = 129 k

Are you sure that 200 million is enough?

Any cargo will keep inside your ship - but you will need a pretty much stripped T-9 to hold it all. A single NPC interdiction could spoil your 3 weeks' efforts.
Good to know. I have a fully speckt T9 with sheilds and 752 tones of available cargo...no engineering though! :cautious: I should be able to escape npc pirates no!?:cry:

Here's some typical Prismatic shield costs when I bought them.
Also they are double the weight of Bi-Weave and Standard shields.

8A = 237.8 m
7A = 75.0 m
6A = 23.7 m
5A = 7.5 m
4A = 2.3 m
3A = 743 k
2A = 234 k
1A = 129 k

Are you sure that 200 million is enough?

:eek: Dang thats expensive! Well I only really need a 7A for my corvette. Dont have a cutter for the 8A yet so may have to redo it if I decide to get one...thats the only ship that can use them no!? Also did you get a 15% discount on any of these!? :unsure: I could always consolidate some less then useful parts and ships to afford an 8A I guess!? :rolleyes: Also can the prismatics be upgraded!? :unsure:

Last edited:
These were standard costs, I actually purchased the 8A for 202.1 m.
I get a little better cost at Li Yong-Rui being an early Beta prime supporter.
Yes, Prismatics can be engineered. Here's a shield size list to work with.

8 Imperial Cutter, Type-10 Defender, Type-9 Heavy
7 Anaconda, Federal Corvette, Imperial Clipper
6 Asp Explorer, Beluga Liner, Federal Dropship,
Federal Gunship, Krait Mk II, Krait Phantom,
Orca, Python, Type-7 Transporter
5 Asp Scout, Dolphin, Federal Assault Ship, Fer de Lance,
Keelback, Mamba, Type-6 Transporter, Vulture
4 Challenger, Chieftain, Crusader, Cobra Mk III/IV,
Diamondback Explorer, Viper Mk IV
3 Adder, Diamondback Scout, Eagle, Hauler, Imperial Courier,
Imperial Eagle, Viper
2 Sidewinder

Regards

Last edited:
Also prismatics take an age to regenerate and are very power hungry, how ever they are worth the wait for the right build.

I'm ready to install on my Corvette asap! All has been considered! 😎
Well almost everything! o_O Totally forgot and didnt catch on that you cant transfer over to another ship when you have cargo in your current ship! :ROFLMAO: I believe the only way to ''save'' cargo is with a Fleet Carrier! Oh well small error and reminder CMDRs! 🥴

That's what I meant with having to babysit the cargo for those three weeks. You can switch to another ship, but you'll have to take the cargo along with you.
Oh, and IIRC the FC won't work for powerplay cargo...

Update CMDR! 😎 Over 600 million has been acquired! 😀
Fantastic! Here's my Corvette build to consider. I like up close and personal frag cannons. Your style will certainly differ. Prismatics and boosters make a huge difference as I've never lost shields even in a CZ. Hull tanking isn't a big deal for me. Just add flying and tactical skills. All for a measly 700 million! With a 34 million rebuy add another 100 million 'just in case'...

Regards

Last edited:
Fantastic! Here's my Corvette build to consider. I like up close and personal frag cannons. Your style will certainly differ. Prismatics and boosters make a huge difference as I've never lost shields even in a CZ. Hull tanking isn't a big deal for me. Just add flying and tactical skills. All for a measly 700 million! With a 34 million rebuy add another 100 million 'just in case'...

Regards
Nice build CMDR! 😎 I have my own Corvette build it I only knew how to link it via coralis via frontier account?!🤔 Anyways my build is a shield tank in nature and this upgrade of Prismatic shields will put me over the top! 😎 Cheers!

Well almost everything! o_O Totally forgot and didnt catch on that you cant transfer over to another ship when you have cargo in your current ship! :ROFLMAO: I believe the only way to ''save'' cargo is with a Fleet Carrier! Oh well small error and reminder CMDRs! 🥴
That raises the question.. can you store power play related cargo on a fleet carrier? Someone else discovered you can't store mission cargo on FCs so I'd be kind of surprised if you could.

Top Bottom