Predicted Animal Roster

This is all extremely exciting info I've shared with my mother who also wishes to create a zoo with gorillas and orangutans. Thank you for sharing it, Mjmannella.

I am cautiously optimistic about the animals identified via datamining as being part of the initial roster. It may be that they are developing some of those items to support the animals inclusion down the line, these animals may not be ready for prime time at launch.

I think part of the reason they've been tight-lipped about the full roster is that some of them are still likely in development. By saying there will be "at least 50" animals, they are setting expectations. I can see us getting way more than 50 animals or something like 55 or so (plus the deluxe version animals). Kinda all depends on what goes on behind the scenes, IMHO.

I think it's fair to say they will be available eventually, though! Most of these are pretty common/popular zoo animals, and it would be strange for them to include signage, statues, etc. for any animal without having it in the game. But I'm not convinced that they will all be available as part of the initial game. I'd love to be wrong, though! :)

The Iberian lynx is a nice species but rarely found in zoos and when it is, it’s only in Spain and Portugal. If it is in the game I’m hoping for another lynx species like Eurasian lynx too but no idea how likely that might be. Not impossible I hope given the bears we’ve seen.

I think it's a bit less compelling/indicative of it being in-game if they reference it within that context versus, say, a random informational sign or a statue. I hope I'm wrong here, but I'm not really sold on that one being likely anymore...

It's similiar situation where we saw sable antelope before it was confirmed and revealed. There is no reason why lynx would be at such table if they aren't in the game honestly.

I'm wondering if birds and aquatic creatures will come in DLC packages. There are few birds and less water creatures.

I also wonder if there will be "shows" like a macaw/parrot show to entertain and/or an aquatic show with dolphins or an orca.

Iberian lynx have EN conservation status though, so it's not impossible to see that specie in the game. Personally I would like to have that specie cause of conservation status and probably it will be a bit challenging to get that majestic animal in your zoo. Zoo Tycoon 2 Endangered species expansion have that specie too.

I’ll pretty much only play in sandbox mode so I’m not too concerned about it being hard to get. But for me realism is important so I’d only be able to use it if I built a zoo with a Spanish or Portuguese setting.

I'm not found so much on realism in games. Personally I think so much tendency nowdays to realism destroyed initial purpose of the games which I believe was fun. But who knows, maybe I am wrong, new generation new rules. After all I am generation of SNES and SEGA era.

But in short, I don't care too much on realism in games. A bit yes, but if something isn't just like in real world I couldn't care less.

I'm thinking of making a "lesser known animals" list, of certain species that would be fun for Frontier to include in DLC. They could introduce players to species they'd never even heard of before!

I was hoping they'd do a DLC like this later on down the line. I was excited to see some animals like the Himalayan Brown Bear and the Okapi and so on for the original list. I'd never heard of them and appreciate being able to learn about them. I can imagine my zoo guests would find it interesting, too!

I'm not found so much on realism in games. Personally I think so much tendency nowdays to realism destroyed initial purpose of the games which I believe was fun. But who knows, maybe I am wrong, new generation new rules. After all I am generation of SNES and SEGA era.

But in short, I don't care too much on realism in games. A bit yes, but if something isn't just like in real world I couldn't care less.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Realism "purists" (for lack of a better word) can build realistic stuff in creativity-prioritized games, and shouldn't force everyone else to play the game like they do. I personally believe video games should prioritize creativity over realism, since excess creativity can actually provide more to those who want just realism (while also not alienating those who don't care about realism).

Contrary wise, I'm thinking of making a "lesser known animals" list, of certain species that would be fun for Frontier to include in DLC. They could introduce players to species they'd never even heard of before!

I like this idea (obviously) but also begs the question: how would you determine what animals are "lesser known"? It's kinda impossible to determine what counts as that, when everyone has a different interpretation depending on where they live in the world, and their base knowledge of animals.

I'll be completely honest I didn't realize Europe has a vast majority of animals that NA does (moose, beaver, etc), just as Eurasian subspecies, until people started talking about it here... Whereas that's obviously common knowledge for Europeans. Likewise one of my friends the other day "discovered" the badger and pine marten, and my response was "yeah... How'd you not know about those before??"

So it's kinda hard to say what animals are lesser known, since everyone is going to have a different interpretation of that

Top Bottom