Predicting the remaining dlc content

Seeing as Frontier is hoping to push out JWE2 this year, and how PZ runs on the same "Base" engine as JWE/JWE2 does, they're more than likely updating it to handle new features of code, graphics, optimization, and so on and so forth.

What does this mean for Planet Zoo? Optimization has already been seen, my game runs like a Cheetah now! Other than that, it leads to opportunities for implementing features we've seen from trailers and Devlogs so far - Fully aquatic animals, flying aviary mechanics, etc. I can foresee an Aviary Pack with this information, and hopefully if Frontier loves us a Cetacean / Fully Aquatic Animal Pack.
When I first heard that Frontier had decided to update the Cobra engine for Planet Zoo and announce the too-close-in-timing-for-mere-coincidence JWE2 I figured this meant we would be seeing implementation of features from JWE2 into PZ. Glad to hear that others are feeling similarly about things. I too am really hoping that we'll be seeing some flying aviary mechanics and fully aquatics in the near future. From a financial stand point, I don't know why Frontier wouldn't bring over as many new features and mechanics from JWE2 into PZ as possible. It'd be an easy way to double your money, as the time and resources spent on the new features for JWE2 could also be advertised and profited off of as new features for PZ. Additionally, both games run on very similar code so I imagine this porting of features wouldn't be too difficult for Frontier.

In addition to new animal types and mechanics, I'm also wondering if we may see some advancements in animal behavior and interactions, as has already been advertised for JWE2? I'm interested to see what will come of these new territorial and herding behaviors for the creatures in JWE2. As someone who has a better understanding of how the Cobra engine works and coding involved (I've seen some of the modding work you've done and it truly is incredible Leaf), do you feel that we may be seeing some features and mechanics like these ported over into PZ at some point or are they likely to stay unique to JWE2?

Top Bottom