Predicting what might be included in a possible free 1 Year Anniversary update

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Same here, I still support PZ and the amazing dev team, I just hope this amazing game is not seen as something of a byproduct of PlanCo and hope the support wont be stopped as soon as possible to make space for other games. :( I am sure they are working hard on things to come, its just...one year anniversary feels like a big thing I am not sure if the community will be thrilled by possible give aways (most fans already own the game, why would they need this).

I do not think it is a byproduct at all. If anything it is the complete opposite, the game has been so successful that a lot of what applied to Planet Coaster is not needed for Planet Zoo. The Planet Zoo platform is far bigger than PC ever was, it is just a game that appeals to a much bigger audience. I recently learned that during the last 6 months the sales for this game have gone thru the roof, and Frontier continues their partnership with world leading zoos. The future is bright, just be patient🤫

I think the end of 2020 will tell the tale of this games future. I think it's always been guaranteed there will be a fourth paid dlc by the end of December, as it will have been nearly all of August and all of September, October and November since the Australia pack released. As far as the contents of that goes, there's no reason to expect anything other than four habitat animals, an exhibit "animal" and a couple hundred scenery pieces.

For me, the size and quality of the free update that comes with it will be very telling. If they've been working on something significant this whole time, something game changing and that the community has been asking for, then I would say PZ still has a bright future. If the update is small, lackluster, contains small or meaningless changes, a host of new bugs in addition to not fixing old ones etc. that's when I will fully give up on both this game and Frontier. So for now, as depressing as it is, we just have to wait and kill another couple of month's time to see what will happen.

It's disappointing, fair enough. But some of the drama on here at the moment is completely unnecessary especially given that @Chante Goodman very clearly says:

Maybe they had something more planned but it wasn't ready due to the pandemic which very possibly also delayed the release of the Australia pack but who knows? The game clearly isn't being abandoned so let's just accept the situation and look forward to whatever is coming next.

It does not mean necessarily that either, it could very well be that late December was always the plan. There was never anything mentioned anywhere about an anniversary update, it was just something some players came up with and kind of set the mood and expectation for it. For all we know, Frontier's plan has neither been derailed or postponed. It actually seems that this industry can be a lot more effective working from home, if something is not ready it is definitely by design.

I understand what you are saying, but honestly just between us here, what would a cake do for this game? Seriously, what difference would that make? Since you are a programmer, how about you just make the cake and share it with the forum, in all seriousness.
Iben is, not me.
What a cake as an enrichment item could bring? At least some kind of appreciation to the games fanbase. This game sold more than Planet Coaster, yet they put less afford into us abd the game to celebrate the anniversary. That is a sad statement in itself. It's basically saying "It's okay to give us your money for DLCs, while we use that and all other resources for other games we care more about."

I have to agree I have always supported pz from the beginning and will continue to do so but Iben made a really good point. This was and still is a humongous disappointment and missed opportunity imo.

It does not mean necessarily that either, it could very well be that late December was always the plan. There was never anything mentioned anywhere about an anniversary update, it was just something some players came up with and kind of set the mood and expectation for it. For all we know, Frontier's plan has neither been derailed or postponed. It actually seems that this industry can be a lot more effective working from home, if something is not ready it is definitely by design.

That's why I said maybe and who knows...

Anyway, I am walking away from this discussion as the negativity and drama is something I really don't need and I have an essay to write.

For the bright side, we got alot of answers today for bugs and the future (without details of course, but that is expected), I think we can all agree that this is the communication that alot of us were missing. So that in fact, is positive and something I appreciate. :)

PS: The negativity and lack of faith in this thread is incredible. What has Frontier done so wrong to some of you?

Well, well. Abysmal customer service, ignoring issues, lack of communication, excluding animals from the rooster to sell as future DLC, no modding support, catastrophically broken path system, stuck guests in parks, no underwater viewing, updates that bring more issues than solutions, lazy keepers who don't feed animals,keepers that can't reach trees for the monkey feeding plattforms, no albino check list in sandbox, hideous unusable fonts in game, no small/realistic zoo signs, features promised that are still not added one year later, no vista points, no one-way-paths, customaizable billboards, no hatching for birds, no birds, fish, small mammals rooster, "volumetric water lie", UI issues, painfully bad translation for German

instead of adding requested features they post keepers dancing on their twitter.

Well I’ll close with this I don’t want to cause any unnecessary drama nor is that my intentions. I think the reason this is such a disappointment to many is a one yr anniversary on a title as big and successful as pz is a defining moment. I could see if the game was a huge disappointment and didn’t live up to the hype then yeah of course your not going to put the resources in it but this game was completely opposite with a loyal fan base so still disappointing. Like I said I support the game and the devs who’ve brought the best zoo sim to date but really a missed opportunity all together. That being said it’s over and done and I do look forward to the future of pz.

@FoxyDee
I bought the beta. I was looking forward to Jaguar, black rhino and deer because they were included in the scenery pieces. And I thought to myself, yeah, makes sense to not showcase all your animals in a beta. Felt like a slap to the face.

The thing about zoo games, there is never enough animals. And I don't mind that Frontier can't release every species on this planet That's why mod support would be important and would actually be helpful, because more people would play and buy the game.

Apparently I don't have the ability to close/lock this thread, so if a moderator or community manger sees this and could do so for me, that would be great, thanks:)

This thread was meant to be mostly for fun, not for negativity or being mean, to Chante or to other forum users. We can all just accept there isn't an Anniversary update coming, it is what is and we have to move on. Hopefully December will be a great month!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom