Predicting what might be included in a possible free 1 Year Anniversary update

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Part of it is to also draw people in with things. Normally, a lot of zoos I know of add decor for major holidays and hold them as events to draw in more people...or just as a safer place to do things such as the Halloween one where there's an in zoo event that they let the local kids into for a safer option (This year being the exception to it).

This really seems to be more of an american / canadian thing. Except of Zoo Hannover know zoo I know in germany actualy decorates for any holiday. (We only have christmas here anyway, no helloween). I'm with markun on this. As a one year anniversary gift it would be too little for me. We already got some kind of christmas lights last year, so just another type this year would be pretty lame.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo all! It’s wild to think that the first anniversary is so close! We hope you’ve had a fantastic time playing Planet Zoo over the last year - We’ve certainly had a wonderful time seeing you all create amazing zoos and enjoy all the updates and DLC Packs. For our anniversary, while we are not releasing an update, we are planning a fun day on our socials for you. We're still working hard on Planet Zoo so please keep an eye on our forums and other official channels for any announcements! :D

Hayo all! It’s wild to think that the first anniversary is so close! We hope you’ve had a fantastic time playing Planet Zoo over the last year - We’ve certainly had a wonderful time seeing you all create amazing zoos and enjoy all the updates and DLC Packs. For our anniversary, while we are not releasing an update, we are planning a fun day on our socials for you. We're still working hard on Planet Zoo so please keep an eye on our forums and other official channels for any announcements! :D

Well at least that answers the question of any anniversary update.

Ouch. But just today I said to my best friend "they probably only have a stream". I appreciate the clear communication and the honesty. However, for a first year anniversary and seeing what Planet Coaster got (and JWE, as people say, I can not remember) it now definately feels to me like Planet Zoo is just a byproduct of Planco. And it's a very disturbing sign for the future.

With more or less 4 continents left and asumingly maybe one pack comming out in decembre, I wonder if Planet Zoo will even reach it's second birthday oOYes, we always knew it was a possibility and I myself was pessimistic. But it does not change the slightest in terms of disappointment.

Ouch. But just today I said to my best friend "they probably only have a stream". I appreciate the clear communication and the honesty. However, for a first year anniversary and seeing what Planet Coaster got (and JWE, as people say, I can not remember) it now definately feels to me like Planet Zoo is just a byproduct of Planco. And it's a very disturbing sign for the future.

With more or less 4 continents left and asumingly maybe one pack comming out in decembre, I wonder if Planet Zoo will even reach it's second birthday oOYes, we always knew it was a possibility and I myself was pessimistic. But it does not change the slightest in terms of disappointment.
Hence why the focus of all the dlc we've gotten thus far has arguably been more focused on the building pieces than the actual animals. Yep...

Yep. I never minded the many building pieces, as I am a builder, but really, looking at Planco that got free rides and we get what... a stream? Even though Planet Zoo sold more? Maybe Frontier grew too big, because if you compare past to present, this is pretty EA-ish. I wouldn't have minded, if we got nothing IF Planet Coaster and JWEs anniversary also weren't celebrated with content. But... nothing? Not even a nice statue or a birthday cake as an enrichment items for the animals? That is, in lack of better words, low. And nope, I don't think we will have a second birthday. This game is a gap filler. And it breaks my heart.

No disappointment here, as nothing was ever said officially by Frontier, it was always just this thread and players opinions, not sure how anyone can be disappointed about their own expectations. I'm however, extremely exited and thank you Chante for this brief but much needed communication, as it does gives us a lot of hope for the future. I'm particularly interested in your reference to still working hard on Planet Zoo, can't wait until December.

PS: The negativity and lack of faith in this thread is incredible. What has Frontier done so wrong to some of you? Give them time, be patient, good things will come. Read between the lines of what she said. Anyways time to take a little break from this forum, to much negativity right now.

Last edited:
TBH; not surprised but still disappointed. Like @Swjosdotschka said, not even a cake enrichment? It's not like that would take days to make? You can start on it now and it would still be done by the end of the week. And that's speaking as a programmer/3d modeller here.

The game has felt dead for a while now, and while it for sure isn't dead at all, the feeling is there and things like this are not helping at all.

No disappointment here, as nothing was ever said officially by Frontier, it was always just this thread and players opinions, not sure how anyone can be disappointed about their own expectations. I'm however, extremely exited and thank you Chante for this brief but much needed communication, as it does gives us a lot of hope for the future. I'm particularly interested in your reference to still working hard on Planet Zoo, can't wait until December.

PS: The negativity and lack of faith in this thread is incredible. What has Frontier done so wrong to some of you? Give them time, be patient, good things will come. Read between the lines of what she said. Anyways time to take a little break from this forum, to much negativity right now.

Well I think most people just feel like we are the least favourite child in the family, since other FD games got something for anniversary.

For me the disappointment is I expected more for PZ and thought 1 yr should signify much more for this game. Especially in comparison to Planco. Don’t get me wrong I’ll still support pz and look forward to updates and what not. But at the end of the day I view this as a huge disappointment. I look at it as this may have brought back a little bit of excitement to players who are currently on the outs with pz as I do know the player base has been down lately.

Well I think most people just feel like we are the least favourite child in the family, since other games got something for anniversary.

It does not have to be like that though, there are other ways of looking at it. All she said is that there will not be an update on that day (the anniversary) she did say they were still working hard on the game, that means there is absolutely a lot more coming. This is just another assumption from me, no different than this thread, but imagine just for a second, that in late December, a large update is released, that brings a new and highly requested gameplay mechanic into the game, something everyone has cheered for, in addition to a large number of FREE scenery items, barriers etc included with the update. This is complemented by the largest DLC we have yet to see with this game, would you still be disappointed then?

Would you not rather they focus on whatever it is they are working on, than just deviate and split their attention to something that while free, would probably had been pretty meaningless? If there is anyone in this forum truly sad about not receiving free content on that date, or if they have any kind of hardship that does not allows them to look forward to a possible one of kind December DLC, just PM me, I will buy the DLC for you, I will do this for just a few of you, so please if you need it just PM me now. I hope everyone can get back to been cheerful about this game soon.

Same here, I still support PZ and the amazing dev team, I just hope this amazing game is not seen as something of a byproduct of PlanCo and hope the support wont be stopped as soon as possible to make space for other games. :( I am sure they are working hard on things to come, its just...one year anniversary feels like a big thing I am not sure if the community will be thrilled by possible give aways for anniversary (most fans already own the game, why would they need this).

Last edited:
IF there would come something and is just delayed, it would be wise to say so. What they are working on hard is making more money with this game with paid DLCs. I always was the one that was supportive of paid content. But giving every other Frontier installment more support and appreciation on their first anniversary is a lack of appreciation to Planet Zoo and the community around it. @FoxyDee nailed it with the least loved child comparison.

TBH; not surprised but still disappointed. Like @Swjosdotschka said, not even a cake enrichment? It's not like that would take days to make? You can start on it now and it would still be done by the end of the week. And that's speaking as a programmer/3d modeller here.

The game has felt dead for a while now, and while it for sure isn't dead at all, the feeling is there and things like this are not helping at all.

I understand what you are saying, but honestly just between us here, what would a cake do for this game? Seriously, what difference would that make? Since you are a programmer, how about you just make the cake and share it with the forum, in all seriousness. I think the expectations of this game are totally misplaced, I just can not understand it. There are a number of things that are, have been, or could be legitimate points of disappointment when it comes to this game. The lack of free content on the anniversary and a cake are not one, at least for me.

It's disappointing, fair enough. But some of the drama on here at the moment is completely unnecessary especially given that @Chante Goodman very clearly says:

We're still working hard on Planet Zoo so please keep an eye on our forums and other official channels for any announcements! :D

Maybe they had something more planned but it wasn't ready due to the pandemic which very possibly also delayed the release of the Australia pack but who knows? The game clearly isn't being abandoned so let's just accept the situation and look forward to whatever is coming next.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom