Patch Notes Update Premium Beta Released

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Any advice on whether to buy the beta today or wait till version 2 of the premium beta launches? I can't find much about version 2 so I'll go on and assume the cost will be the same.

Any thoughts appreciated!

With buying premium beta access you get access to any premium beta builds. So if you buy PB now, you will get premium beta 1 today, and premium beta 2 tomorrow. You will get also any normal and gamma builds, and final game.

And yeah, you get expansion pass too.

Any advice on whether to buy the beta today or wait till version 2 of the premium beta launches? I can't find much about version 2 so I'll go on and assume the cost will be the same.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Keep in mind, some minority of players are experiencing networking issues, so dont panic if you dont have a stable multiplayer connection

Keep in mind, some minority of players are experiencing networking issues, so dont panic if you dont have a stable multiplayer connection

This seems to me to be too optimistic. The vast majority of players are experiencing some network issues. For many players those issues are tolerable, but very irritating. For some they are much worse than that. However, we know that FD are working on this. What we don't know (and, to be fair, probably what FD don't know) is how close they are to fixing them, when they seem to be triggered by 'edge cases' in terms of equipment (both PC and networking).

This seems to me to be too optimistic. The vast majority of players are experiencing some network issues. For many players those issues are tolerable, but very irritating. For some they are much worse than that. However, we know that FD are working on this. What we don't know (and, to be fair, probably what FD don't know) is how close they are to fixing them, when they seem to be triggered by 'edge cases' in terms of equipment (both PC and networking).

Tinman quoted Mark Allen who said that new & improved station docking management system (with partial server authority) has going trough testing and QA - and it was 5th June. So there will be network fixes it seems - unless FD is really strange with their schedule here - in premium beta 2. I don't expect to cure all problems, but it could mitigate them and could give good platform for FD to improve upon finally.

not the best start

Having upgraded my backer to premium beta I had hoped to download overnight and get in game and join the fun at long last.

Alas despite email conformation of my upgrade there is nothing showing in my account to show my purchase upgrade and no option to download the PB files...

No response from email support and now I am stuck behind moderated posts too :(

So much for spur of the moment upgrades at £65! Over 2 hours regretting that now....

Having upgraded my backer to premium beta I had hoped to download overnight and get in game and join the fun at long last.

Alas despite email conformation of my upgrade there is nothing showing in my account to show my purchase upgrade and no option to download the PB files...

No response from email support and now I am stuck behind moderated posts too :(

So much for spur of the moment upgrades at £65! Over 2 hours regretting that now....

There is a "My Downloadable Products" link in the Online store. Log in to My Account and go to the link, you should see the download there. If not Support only work 9-5 (UK time) on weekdays. If you still have no access contact support and they will fix this for you as soon as possible. :)

The file you download is the launcher, the launcher will then detect the currently available version and initiate the download of the game. There are no files to download yet for PB2 (Only PB1 is available) the files only become available when FD actually release the update. It's a 1.5GB - 2GB download. So if you download PB1 today and the PB2 when it's released that could be up to 4GB of bandwidth today. :eek:

Last edited:
Oh..

I did look under the download options of course :) only had to wait 9 hours for store support to fix it. (could be worse). Now I read there going to release a new build this afternoon so I guess I wont start the launcher until this evening?

Ho Hum, such is beta :)

Payed for game 12 hours ago, yet to play :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom