Patch Notes Update Premium Beta Released

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
does anyone else notices fps drops to from 100 fps to 10 fps in asteroid belt, super cruise and sometims in combat with lots of ships.

My HW specs are Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz, 8 GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 670 GTX FTW edition, GPU is loaded only 47 % when fps drops... Is that game bug or something on my side...

It is known issue, devs are fixing it. It impacts all kind of systems.

All I can suggest is try running it as administrator or redownload the launcher from the store.
The devs will be back at work later today (it's 2:15am in the UK), so you should get more help hopefully.

Has there been any fix on this yet? I paid a lot of money for a game and the Client Installer will not even launch. I can save it to my desktop but it will not launch. Windows does not know which program to run for this application.

Has there been any fix on this yet? I paid a lot of money for a game and the Client Installer will not even launch. I can save it to my desktop but it will not launch. Windows does not know which program to run for this application.

I figured it out! for some reason when the file is saved to the desktop it is not an .exe file. You need to go in and rename the file with .exe at the end and the click it and it will launch. :D

I figured it out! for some reason when the file is saved to the desktop it is not an .exe file. You need to go in and rename the file with .exe at the end and the click it and it will launch. :D

Very strange, what firewall / security software are you running?

Thanks Michael, that should reduce a lot of the angst when the next launcher update is released. ;):)

I hope its not too long as i have held off testing until the next round of fixes is out as i feel they have enough tickets etc to be getting on with when you consider the bugs that still exist from earlier revisions including the Alphas.

I hope its not too long as i have held off testing until the next round of fixes is out as i feel they have enough tickets etc to be getting on with when you consider the bugs that still exist from earlier revisions including the Alphas.

I don't think you need to worry about how many tickets FD have to deal with.

Do you know when the final stage of beta will take place?

I don't think anyone knows that yet ,but as DB is still confident of a 2014 release and is looking to run a final "gamma" test phase (with or without wipe before release) so I would guess (and is very much a guess) late August at earliest as we have only the barest elements in the current PB build.

don't put any faith in that date at all as I have none myself :)

no but i dont want to keep producing repeat tickets for the same bug over and over.

Obviously there is no point in repeating the same bugs that you have submitted before but everytime FD get a submission on the same topic from different Players they get not only a better idea how often the bug is occurring but more clues to what the problem is.

Why try to second guess FDs needs, submit away.

New update

The premium beta build has now been released. Please make sure to report all bugs through the support tickets available through the launcher.

The build has a few changes from the last tested Alpha build:

- Commodity tweaks and balance pass
- Fix for some black market issues
- Additional cargo sanity checks
- Fix for jettisoning cargo
- Updated backdrop

Thanks!

Michael

Don't mean to be rude and know you all work hard and I know its E3 time.
But when will all know bugs be finally fixed (they were reported in alpha allready) and how about we get a new release??

It looks like we are struggling with a old build. I know its beta test but realise also that we all as testers paid (BIG) for this beta test (yes voluntary and I don't regret it) but still....

Hope a new release will come soon.

gr Liaso

Don't mean to be rude and know you all work hard and I know its E3 time.
But when will all know bugs be finally fixed (they were reported in alpha allready) and how about we get a new release??

It looks like we are struggling with a old build. I know its beta test but realise also that we all as testers paid (BIG) for this beta test (yes voluntary and I don't regret it) but still....

Hope a new release will come soon.

gr Liaso

Don't mean to be harsh and i know u have paid [BIG] to be a beta tester but you should not use other people/groups to push your point. What i or other people did and wish to see for it in return is in my opinion for everyone it's own motivation for participating. I for one like to help them create a game i like to play and have the feeling that my input matters. That this is going to need time and effort is without question. So why are you questioning this?

This build has been released 17 days ago. Remember that alpha backers like me are testing the build before u do and we had this build mostly in the form it is now to test 14 days before u did. I still don't think it is old.

I know that the next build will come when it's ready to be tested. And then the process starts all over again. Welcome to game testing.

Is there an update out today?

I played the battle scenarios and when I exit and into the game egain to join multiplayer it says "not installed" and want to install the game/update whatever.
I see no news in the launcher.

Edit: Ok after Instalation the VersionInfo.txt says its the same build.

Is that (reinstall) a known issue? Should I open a ticket?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom