Problem with visitors constantly going from one shop to another

I found this problem a while ago, but now that my zoo have big number of visitors it is causing crowded issues on some spots that have shops. I had to manually kick those from zoo (and that is over 500), one by one, and that was very frustating. This is big problem as if you don't react it will lead to a lot of congestion and other visitors can't reach the shops in time, so they will become hungry and thirsty, which leads them being unhappy etc.
Look in video
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Wrtk1ZQWI&feature=youtu.be

The problem is your zoo is focused on having shops located in just certain areas. I don't know of a single amusement park or zoo that is set up this way...and that's because they would run into the problems you're running in to.

What you need to have is shops spread out sporadically throughout the park.

Imagine if you were in your own zoo and you wanted to get a drink. In a normal zoo or park, a drink station/bathroom/food station is ALWAYS within eye distance no matter where you are. You don't have to travel far.

Instead of having 20 shops in 1 area try having 2 shops in 10 areas.

The problem is your zoo is focused on having shops located in just certain areas. I don't know of a single amusement park or zoo that is set up this way...and that's because they would run into the problems you're running in to.

Imagine if you were in your own zoo and you wanted to get a drink. In a normal zoo or park, a drink station/bathroom/food station is ALWAYS within eye distance no matter where you are. You don't have to travel far.

actually all zoos ive been to (and thats quite a few) have big dining areas. mostly a big restaurant with lots of different foods / drinks.either it seems to be one huge place with a few drink / food stalls elsewhere or a few different "hot spots" of medium size. but ive never seen a zoo without one.

actually all zoos ive been to (and thats quite a few) have big dining areas. mostly a big restaurant with lots of different foods / drinks.either it seems to be one huge place with a few drink / food stalls elsewhere or a few different "hot spots" of medium size. but ive never seen a zoo without one.

They have big dining areas but they don't ONLY have big dining areas. The park in the video has 30 shops in one area and 30 in another with nothing significant in between.

There isn't a park out there that I've ever seen that only has food and shops located in central areas only.

You gotta break it up. 2 shops here. 2 shops there. 3 here. 3 there. 1 here. 1 there. And then a dining spot area for maybe 5-8.

honestly though with this visitor AI im like 100% sure that as soon as you build a dining area and 1 drink and food stand inbetween the habitats ALL visitors will ONLY go to the one at the habitats and if they are full they most likely just get mad without actually going to the designated dining area.

honestly though with this visitor AI im like 100% sure that as soon as you build a dining area and 1 drink and food stand inbetween the habitats ALL visitors will ONLY go to the one at the habitats and if they are full they most likely just get mad without actually going to the designated dining area.
The guests will go to habitats and then drink areas around that habitat first when they are thirsty or hungry. I had a V entrance at my park and put 2 habitats to the left with 1 dining area and then a bigger dining area on the right side. The guests never went to the right side dining area. I had to place habitats to the right to pull them that direction.

They definition go where the action is and shop those areas.

The guests will go to habitats and then drink areas around that habitat first when they are thirsty or hungry. I had a V entrance at my park and put 2 habitats to the left with 1 dining area and then a bigger dining area on the right side. The guests never went to the right side dining area. I had to place habitats to the right to pull them that direction.

They definition go where the action is and shop those areas.
yea and that kinda sucks... in roller coaster tycoon guests purchased a map at the info station and when they got hungry they knew where to find stuff. they didnt get mad just cos they didnt want to walk 100m. i mean that game is 20 years old and was made by a single person and even he made a good enough AI to enable that... surprised that stuff in the old days was normal nowadays doesnt work anymore...

No, they are not. That is 2 different parts of zoo and between there are more smaller shop parts. The point is that pathing system becomes bugged, as they want to go home and in the same time they try to go to shop. I saw on issue tracker that this is already reported by other users, so it's not just on my part. This zoo was running fine till it hits over 8k visitors.

Are there any chances that Frontier makes the guests spawn less? That would solve a lot of problems right away.

Top Bottom