COMPLETED CG Professor Palin requests deliveries of Thargoid artefacts

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Arque
Station: Baird Gateway (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 587 Ls from main star, 98.02 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Thargoid probes, Thargoid resin and Thargoid sensors
Time limit: 16th June 3308 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Professor Ishmael Palin has requested deliveries of Thargoid artefacts to the Arque system for scientific study.
The first phase of the project took place last month and focused on meta-alloys. In a public announcement, Professor Palin outlined the second phase:
My ongoing analysis of the Thargoids’ biomechanical technology has reached a point where fresh material is needed. Specifically, I require large supplies of Thargoid probes, resin and sensors.

I appreciate that there are risks involved in transporting such dangerous alien artefacts. Hopefully, the corrosion resistant cargo racks that were provided following this project’s initial phase will prove useful.

As well as payment in credits, I am pleased to offer Grade 5 Engineered Heavy Duty Hull Reinforcement Packages as an additional reward.
Rewards will be distributed as follows:
  • Top 75%: 4D Heavy Duty Hull Reinforcement Package
  • Top 25%: 5D Heavy Duty Hull Reinforcement Package
  • Top 10%: Additional 5D Heavy Duty Hull Reinforcement Package
Pilots are asked to deliver Thargoid probes, Thargoid resin and Thargoid sensors to Professor Palin’s workshop at Baird Gateway in the Arque system.
The campaign begins on the 9th June 3308 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Thargoid probes, Thargoid resin and Thargoid sensors to Baird Gateway in the Arque system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Baird Gateway is orbiting planet Gold
  • Station services: Commodities Market, Black Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Interstellar Factors, Social Space
  • Prices at Baird Gateway:
    • Thargoid probes: 2,661,210 Cr/T
    • Thargoid resin: 196,950 Cr/T
    • Thargoid sensors: 1,837,512 Cr/T
Latest status
Last updated: 16 June 06:00 UTC-finished

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 600,813 units collected
Contributors: 1,569
Reward Tier: 5/6
Global Reward:
None listed
Top 10 CMDRs: 25,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 14,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 9,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 6,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 4,500,000 CR
Top 100%: 2,000,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, got 5D HDHRP already.
May be interesting to collect some as never done these before, if anyone can explain how and where to get these....
Where and how has been posted above NHSS 0-2-4 will RNG items in the instance. Crashed ships locations will have some of them nearby..

Will this be SRV only or can we use limpets like last time?
Gravity of planets will be an issue untill there confirmed collectable. people will need to look up each location's gravity then try the lowest...In space RNG item can be collected as normal..

At least T1 is low

1654781812045.png

Payouts:

1654781849167.png

Are there any places to reliably find probes or sensors? The last time I went looking for them it was low-probability drops in NHSSs.

the second brocken cg ?! this is insane/ intendeed to relog again 500 times to get into the top 10% ?! is frontier ing kidding
even flying cargo from A to B has more gameplay
sad how to see such rubbish
and yea ll you ""super nice defender of this trash"" im just dumb cant write and are not pleasnat with what the game allready offers """ ( do tehy want to scare away the last even more cmdrs with this kind of prove taht tehy are entirely disconnected to ther own content ?

Just to confirm - the crashed ship at Waruta 1 A does have a sensor. Landing is a bit tricky in Odyssey, not sure if that is down to issues with p12 ppl have reported.

1654784402560.png

Hopefully, the corrosion resistant cargo racks that were provided following this project’s initial phase will prove useful.

Since none of em were small enough for a sidey...not so much.

So risk of 'splodin from corrosive cargo? Reward goodies all too big for my little ship? currently 17 jumps away

Looks like i'm sitting this one out

Since none of em were small enough for a sidey...not so much.

So risk of 'splodin from corrosive cargo? Reward goodies all too big for my little ship? currently 17 jumps away

Looks like i'm sitting this one out
You can put four size 1 corrosion resist racks on your Sidey.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom