Ooooooook, let's be silly for a moment, just pure Blue Sky(ing).

If it was technically possible to bring the WDW Monorail and maybe even Spaceship Earth into the game,
wouldn't that be pretty cool? Well, it is technically possible, with a big load of work and time involved,
until now i actually shyed away from the idea and it wouldn't make sense to make an extra build just for PlanCo.

BUT, as i keep thinking about it and as i slowly feel the motivation kicking back in, i think i found a solution.
Both my Epcot and Monorail high poly models are completely without textures and material shaders (because it would have distracted from the modelling tasks and would have eaten away on performance. I didn't want to work with a laggy file, so i pushed them back until i would come to a point where the modelling would have been finished for the most part(which never happened, cause i had to abandon the project for personal reasons)

But this is actually a great opportunity, as i could work on 3 versions parallel, a game-ready version, a VR compliant model, and the high poly model for visualisation and cinematics.
I just need to adjust the workflow (with thousands of textures it will have to be tightly organized)

What do you think about this? After all this is just a spontaneous idea of mine and might not happen, but i would really like to toy around with the idea.

You might like this, too.
This is (the vid below) what started my E3D project and (believe it or not) this is also what kicked off the Epcot revamp (which is majorly disappointing compared to what could've become a reality instead) If you compare this to the WOL pavilion's official concept art, you might find striking similarities ;)

Oh before i forget, while i'm at it i will also look into making game-ready versions of some of my other older models (don't get me wrong, they wouldn't be simple copies, i'd have to turn them inside out (figure of speech))

(Epcot Spaceship Earth structural visualisation model) early shot from 2014

Part of a futuristic design for an undisclosed project.

Here's a never-before-seen shot of the Epcot/SSE model, this was in late 2014/early 2015 if i remember correctly

(2017)(ArtificialArtist)

(2017)(model, shading&textures ArtificialArtist - design: Access Virus A, legendary Synthesizer by Access GmbH)

And, of course, what shouldn't be missing in ANY theme park, trashcans!

(2015)(ArtificialArtist)

I swear i only wanted to add like two pictures, but browsing the archive got the better of me 😅

There's so much i could get back to, i don'T even know where to start. And that's completely leaving out the 3 page-long list of PlanCo custom items that are still to be finished(the ones i've been doing from scratch).

Any thoughts? What would you like to see in the game? How could this be approached best?
Or maybe just leave them be and concentrate on the PlanCo-specific assets?

I really don't know what to do, i'm not sure.

If you can add these items into the game along with other Disney things that would be so cool! I would also like to see the Journey Into Imagination building be created for the game. I don’t know much about creating 3D objects but if there was a way to bring these objects into the game you would be amazing! :)

If you can add these items into the game along with other Disney things that would be so cool! I would also like to see the Journey Into Imagination building be created for the game. I don’t know much about creating 3D objects but if there was a way to bring these objects into the game you would be amazing! :)

It's not gonna be that simple, i'm afraid. I can only limit it to certain items, cause even that will take months, as every single model would have to be remodeled, textured(in case of Epcot and the Monorail) and i will have to be careful not treading on IPs, so trademarks, brands and iconic designs would be out of the loop.
I would love to bring all of Disney into the game, but that just isn't doable on that scale. But i can bring A FEW things into the game, provided the TMTK will go online again (as of now it's out of service).

To give you a sense of the scope involved: If you look at the monorail, it has more than 2000(!) individual parts, the high poly model has over 23 million polygons.
The total hours i spent on the model exceed 2000 workhours. To get that model into PlanCo, i'd estimate it to take me 5 weeks minimum(texturing included)(IF i worked full-time on it (85+ hours a week))
Plus, any PlanCo compliant asset needs 6 level of detail (LOD) models EACH. So unless i rush things to the extreme, this won't be a quick project.

I'll try to get some of it in there, but before you get your hopes up, i rather say it like it is. :)

Top Bottom