Parks Project : SFOG 2018 - The Recreation

This is my first recreation. I will try my best to make this recreation as accurate as possible. (2021 EDIT - I'm coming back after years of abandonment to finish this project. Covid-19 as unfortunate as it is has allowed me more time outside of work to actually enjoy some hobbies again. So let's get it back rolling and hopefully I can be able to post this on the workshop by 2022 fingers crossed)

Here are some basic images, you might be able to see hints of an 'old friend", that's there because I plan on doing a current recreation and a "nostalgic" 1980s version, but that won't be 'til later down the project. Most likely when I finish the 2018 version.

nrDdXuH.jpg

sp3rbs4.jpg

x3YQr2V.jpg

3P7d7B7.jpg

Currently in progress: The Georgia Section (Scorcher, Log Jamboree)

Last edited:
I've been waiting for this. I have tried several times, but I could not get the layout right. This looks to be a GREAT start! I will keep my eye on this project!

***Note: and YES, the first thing I noticed was the Great Gasp! haha!

Last edited:
12/28 Update : Georgia Scorcher

Completed GA Scorcher layout .. Some banks need to be adjusted from me over using the "Smooth" button.

cJuktFG.png

WmUGgIz.jpg

8PHxauW.jpg

IrpygRU.jpg

Will continue landscaping later, next to Log Jamboree.

Thank you all for the nice comments!

The rock work under Georgia Scorcher is perfect! I see Georgia Cyclone in the background. Let me know if you need me to RMC it! Haha!

12/29 Update : Log Jamboree

The rock work under Georgia Scorcher is perfect! I see Georgia Cyclone in the background. Let me know if you need me to RMC it! Haha!

Thank you. It took almost an hour to do the rock work and it's still not finished! .. I would definitely appreciate help. I've had some trouble replacing supports on Cyclone where the tracks intersect, I haven't had enough time to do it and it looks really bad at the moment.

Log Jamboree is open and the line is already filled to capacity ! !

h9c8YRJ.jpg

3oPDTaf.jpg

It could really use a DUAL STATION ! [where is it][where is it] ... lol

CvJcFTa.jpg

nMc4fyx.jpg

3f9KlCU.jpg

o57elg7.jpg

I decided to make minor changes to Log Jamboree. I redid the layout for accuracy and decorated station & splash zone

cka8dDn.jpg

hRoqQoe.jpg

iLVokbE.jpg

[video=youtube;FGqzX2RateI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGqzX2RateI[/video]

Next update should be on the USA section [up]

Testing layout for Goliath ** Not official **

This is where it gets a little tricky... I want to try and make sure the track falls in place where it should fit. So I'm testing the location to see how I need to build around the park. Hopefully I can get it right the first time.

4KlJHUc.jpg

mgLYRxg.jpg

I am seriously in love. I really hope you're putting this on the workshop when you're done.

Thank you. Yes I will be putting this on the workshop when completed.

1/6 UPDATE : BRITISH SECTION (In progress)

dkoG42C.jpg

IARSpsS.jpg

BBinEfP.jpg

INXBUou.jpg

V02u0y9.jpg

br2dN9H.jpg

gWxq154.jpg

The "Former" GA Cyclone is running and will be converted to RMC once park is completed.

You made a good log flume. Some creators build sloppy layouts, don’t smooth curves and don’t straighten straight sections. That makes the layout look bad. I’m surprised some parks still have Arrow flumes built in the 70’s. Arrow was bought by S&S Power around 2000. Some parks removed their flumes for various reasons. Kennywood is removing theirs. Does this park in real life have a rapids ride?

Last edited:
You made a good log flume. Some creators build sloppy layouts, don’t smooth curves and don’t straighten straight sections. That makes the layout look bad. I’m surprised some parks still have Arrow flumes built in the 70’s. Arrow was bought by S&S Power around 2000. Some parks removed their flumes for various reasons. Kennywood is removing theirs. Does this park in real life have a rapids ride?

Yes. There is a rapids ride in the back of the park called "Thunder River" that opened in 1982.

For this version of the park, will it feature Ninja/Bluehawk or ZForce by the lake and GASM?

This will be based on the park's recent season, with modifications in 2018. The first workshop release will have Bluehawk, Justic League: Battle for Metropolis, Joker's Chaos Coaster, Hurricane Harbor (scenery), Twisted Cyclone, etc. etc.

In the first post I mentioned having throwback versions of the park that will come later. I would really like to have that completed as well. I won't go into too much detail with that, as I haven't made a solid decision on which season.

My local park has a log flume built into the hillside that opened 1982. Dorney Park in Allentown, PA. The flume is called Thunder Creek Mountain. I think I rode it the year it opened, lol. I’m 43 and have been going to the park since 1976. It was bought by Cedar Fair in 1992 and now has tall coasters and rides and lost several older rides. But, they have a nice mix of family rides. 3 types of water rides (log flume, rapids, giant flume), sports car tracked ride, two train rides one diesel one fake steam, new bumper cars they haven’t had bumper cars for over several years. First electric ones since 1994, the old ones were changed to gas ones in 1992 and the other electric bumper cars in the old coaster station were removed with the old station by 1995. I read SFOG got rid of their bumper cars. But they have an antique car ride. Planet Coaster has an antique car ride. Are you putting in the bumper cars or leaving them out? Does the steam train have two or three stations? Are you doing the Monster Plantation or whatever it’s called? Is that a haunted house boat ride?

Top Bottom