PS4 Chat (Noob question - apologies in advance)

Just started playing ED (love it by the way...totally addicted, no sleep, unhappy wife etc etc etc lol)

Couple of questions regarding the Comms panel

1. How do you replay directly to another player (instead of simply messagign local)
  2. More of a console question in general, but will any USB keyboard work ?

These are questions that have probably been asked a million times before, so apologies in advance

Thanks

B

Hello and welcome to ED!

1. In local, you have to select a player via targeting or the right-hand panel, selecting comms then lets you message him directly. If you're friends with the player or in a wing, you can select him/her directly via the (top) friends panel regardless of where you are.

2. AFAIK any USB keyboard should work (as on a standard PC). Personally I'm using a small bluetooth keyboard which works perfectly.

EDIT: Your first question prompted me to look if there's more to it, and there seem to be certain commands you can use in the comms panel. No idea if this also works on PS4, I will try it out this evening:
http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Communications. So /d CmdrName Message would send a direct massage to another player.

Last edited:
1) Type /r message and it will reply to the last person who you received a message from. The other option is to target their ship, and all messages will be directed to that person.

2) If it's PC compatible, it will work on the PS4. Bluetooth keyboards work as well. I use my Apple Bluetooth keyboard on my PS4, and it works great!

BTW, welcome to the community!!! :D

BazingaSmith said:
More of a console question in general, but will any USB keyboard work ?
Wireless USB keyboards work too.... also handy for searching for systems in the galaxy map.

Type /r message and it will reply to the last person who you received a message from. The other option is to target their ship, and all messages will be directed to that person.

Was not aware of the targeting feature... cool.

Top Bottom