PS4 Post-livestream FAQ

If you fail to slow enough at your destination in supercruise you overshoot and have to loop back at a slower speed :)

T.Flight Rudder pedals?

I own a HOTAS X and I know that the 4 is supported, but uncertain about the X.

Now, if the X isn't supported I'll probably by the 4, but (and here's the question): does the game also support the T.Flight Rudder pedals on the PS4?
If so, I'll get those as well while I'm at it.

(Sorry if it's been asked before, but I couldn't find it.)

T-Flight 4 is the only supported HOTAS.

Myeah.. I did read that. It's HOTAS 4 everywhere, but the T.Flight Rudders connect directly into the HOTAS 4.... so.... they should be supported too, right?
Since it's sort of part of the 4 setup then? [weird][sad]

Overshooting your destination in supercruise (ie not slowing down fast enough) and having to loop back on course.

I don't know if it's my imagination, but i often overshoot on purpose because, with a proper loop, it feels like it takes less time to get to destination (or maybe it feels like that because it's less boring)

Last edited:
I don't know if it's my imagination, but i often overshoot on purpose because, with a proper loop, it feels like it takes less time to get to destination (or maybe it feels like that because it's less boring)

I seem to recall seeing a Buckyball racer's video where they used the loop-to-slow method as they found it quicker, so it's possible that it is. I know the only time I deliberately loop is when I'm being pursued by an NPC, mostly it's the loop of shame where I've missed the throttle-back point (or missed the station completely<g>)

So, how to get the avatars from the digital pre-order? Didn't find it ingame. I've downloaded everything that as available after pre-ordering.

Last edited:
I forgot exactly where, but you have to look in your ps4 settings.

You select your current avatar from the PlayStation menu, then the three dots under your avatar when your profile appears. Select "Edit Profile," and you should be able to change your avatar on the next screen that pops up.

Last edited:
Also know that if you exit supercruse to a station orbiting a planet approach it on the side that faces the planet that will drop you out facing the mail slot (entry) to the station.

Also know that if you exit supercruse to a station orbiting a planet approach it on the side that faces the planet that will drop you out facing the mail slot (entry) to the station.

One of the things that changed very recently was the holo-display of the station you are super-cruising toward (in white to the lower left of the main radar) now shows the station's aspect compared to you accurately (it used to be a fixed display), which means you can line up with the slot reasonably well before dropping out of supercruise.

What exactly is the graphic patch on the Pro.. 1440p at 30? And why are you guys not supporting HDR on the Pro? A game like this with beautiful frontiers etc. would be incredible in HDR. I cannot understand this decision.

What exactly is the graphic patch on the Pro.. 1440p at 30? And why are you guys not supporting HDR on the Pro? A game like this with beautiful frontiers etc. would be incredible in HDR. I cannot understand this decision.
They haven't stated the details of the two available settings on the pro. But I hope HDR will available in one of the upcoming patches.

The graphics settings on the pro have nothing to do with resolution. One favours graphics - apparently either at or very close to Ultra PC settings, the other favours smooth frame rates. Both are better than standard PS4 settings.

Can anyone tell me how to get an Elite Avatar on PS4? Did it come with the digital pre-order?

I find it neither in the PSN store (avatar section) nor in my edit profile -> change avatar menu on PS4...

Top Bottom