PS5 Error CE-108255-1 (Crashes / Crashing) with Elite Dangerous

Thanks for sharing, will try tonight as well.

I think I also didn't have any crashes in Shinrarta so far.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
LOL

I literally just had a CE-108255-1 loading my game, didn't even get in. 🤦‍♂️

(This is after playing the native PS5 version of Warframe which supports 4K and hasn't crashed on my PS5 once sigh).

Last edited:
Well, tried it tonight ... got a Mauve Adder disconnect error whilst just in the station menus ...

Better than a hard crash but, yeh not great. 👍
Yeh - I’d just booted up ... was a bit late but thought I might give it a whirl ... then that happened and I couldn’t be bothered to launch!!

Hopefully get a chance for a more thorough attempt on Sunday. Got the in-laws coming round tomorrow ... is it wrong to say I miss Lockdown?!! 😂

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I crashed about 8 times in Rackham's last night, again with a busy system and lots of carriers movement in and out of system.

Going into or out of SC or looking at the Navigation panel seemed to be the worst risk of crashing..

😟

(On the other hand, played hours of the PS5 native version of Assassin's Creed Valhalla at the weekend, not a single crash. Another game which has never crashed once for me).

Last edited:
(On the other hand, played hours of the PS5 native version of Assassin's Creed Valhalla at the weekend, not a single crash. Another game which has never crashed once for me).
i was getting CE-108255-1 crashes frequently on Returnal, at one point basically unplayable:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8et1HUEvtM

But Housemarque rolled out patches and got it working perfectly (took a couple of updates). iirc they had about 25 developers, which ramped up to 75 total employees, which included artists, QA etc, so a small company doing their first AAA game managed to patch out serious bugs in under 3 weeks.
Launch was 30th April, majority of bugs fixed on the 8th May, last update 19th May.

Yeah different games, scope etc, Housemargue had network bugs - basically they disabled network integration until fixed - just the end result is they threw resources at bugs until it worked. Not just minimum viable working either, back to full promised functionality as advertised.

I judge games inside their context, giving more leeway to budget/indie games, but they also have to complete against other games for my time. Constant crashing pushes a game down the play list. It'll definitely be interesting to if/when the console version of Odyssey plops out.

I crashed about 8 times in Rackham's last night, again with a busy system and lots of carriers movement in and out of system.

Going into or out of SC or looking at the Navigation panel seemed to be the worst risk of crashing..

😟

Oh man, that sounds really bad :( Really enjoyed Oddysey, great game. A bit too long though, takes ages to finish the story.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Oh man, that sounds really bad :( Really enjoyed Oddysey, great game. A bit too long though, takes ages to finish the story.
Oh yeh AC: Odyssey in PS4 backwards compatible mode, that never crashed either..... 🙂

Elite Dangerous is getting comparable to Cyberpunk 2077 for crashing on my PS5.

The annoying thing is it's not even acknowledged, anywhere, by anyone connected with the game.

Edit: still randomly crashing and corrupting saved data since 1.55 patch. 😭

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Yeh I've read a lot of articles on it over the past few months but, with Elite I am convinced it's just the game. That Droid Guy article is comprehensive though. 👍

I have played Ratchet for 8 hours now all fine.

Elite was ok the last couple of days in the middle of nowhere.

Went to do the CG today, crashed twice four times in the CG system.....

PS_App_20210618_050611~2.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to do the CG today, crashed twice four times in the CG system.....
I jumped to the CG system after you, and it seemed fine?
Maybe the hyperspace tunnel was a bit long, maybe indicating network connections, but tried in solo and fine.

Reminds me a bit of Returnal crashes, where it was fine, then started acting up massively, then resolved itself. At the time Housemarque said there were issues with the PS5 OS, hinting maybe it was API calls to the activity cards and other enhanced features needing a network connection, but to me (doing what limited testing i could) it felt like file-locks read/writing or database issues (corrupt or read/writing).

Anyway it was definitely the game, but also how it interacted with the OS. Mostly fixed via patches now i believe, some Returnal peeps are still having issues, so it's not a blanket problem, and many think its corrupted saves/installs or say profile (activity cards) still.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I am not blaming the OS. Ratchet and Clank is flawless hour after hour for me.

Elite crashes on two accounts. I've even tried to reinstall it and rebuild the database.

The Elite crashes all seem to be depending on networking, other commanders and fleet carriers.

The guys on the PS Discord basically cannot do PvP on the PS5 because of crashing when interacting with others.

Shouldn't making the existing game playable be a tad bit more important than the DLC? I mean not using business moron philosophy
I think the current and existing problem, is they’re undoubtedly focused on PC first especially whilst fixing Odyssey, the PS5 doesn’t even have a native version of ELITE Dangerous: Horizons yet.

I cannot even hope because I don’t want to put that lovely word close to the word ELITE at the moment, we’ll just have to see what happens I guess.

I’ve been playing less ELITE and significantly more of my other games lately.

With everything MS has bought up recently. I'm not even sure if I'm moving to a ps5 or not. Rockstar seems to be the only company left I care about that's not pc/xbox exclusive now. I'm having lots of mental stress over this because I've been using Sony forever. I like Sony. Fdev please give me a reason to stay with Sony.

I mean not using business moron philosophy
Pffft that kinda of feeling doesnt make happy shareholders. It's like EA not slapping a new cover on FIFA/Madden/NBA incrementing the number by +1 and calling it a "new" game.

I'm still waiting to see what Xbox actually has. They didnt do well last gen, and GamePass on PC seems to cover everything this gen. So why do i need an xbox console specifically?
Sony still has great single player exclusives, and fine for multiplatform games, so comfy enough not to move at the mo.

Top Bottom