PS5 Error CE-108255-1 (Crashes / Crashing) with Elite Dangerous

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Greetings CMDRs,

Has anyone encountered this error code / crash on PS5?

I haven't played Elite for hours and hours but taking part in the latest CG I had a crash when undocking from a station today.

It's my first crash since playing Elite Dangerous on PS5.

I noticed there is a new bug report from a recent post on reddit.

Issue Tracker;

Update: This actually appears to be getting worse and worse for me and my PlayStation each patch while other games run flawlessly with no crashing on my PS5 (Ratchet and Clank, AC: Valhalla, Warframe...)

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Rather unhelpfully, this looks like another one of those generic 'something went wrong' codes. Seeing this means the game crashed, which is an unnecessary message given that I'm sure that's quite apparent at that point.

Yeh that Sony page is pretty useless. I've had a few of these crashes randomly on the PS5 with a few games but, nothing like the frequency with with Elite, most games are flawless. Most play fine but, never saw them with Elite Dangerous until today.

Most people say doing all that reset lark does nothing which doesn't surprise me.

I just wondered if any other PS5 owners had seen it. There was one guy in the 'No plans for a PS5 version' thread who seemed to have a lot. Not mentioned elsewhere.

Last edited:
Yeh that Sony page is pretty useless. I've had a few of these crashes randomly on the PS5 with a few games. Most play fine but, never saw them with Elite Dangerous until today.

Most people say doing all that reset lark does nothing which doesn't surprise me.

I just wondered if any other PS5 owners had seen it. There was one guy in the 'No plans for a PS5 version' thread who seemed to have a lot. Not mentioned elsewhere.

I've had about 3 of these blue screens since I bought the PS5 last year. Not enough to bug me (pun intended). Each time I've "Sent a Report" but not really sure what that does, if anything.

Thanks. I've not seen a game available for PS5 that makes me want to dash out and buy one, if Elite was =vastly superior on it, I'd consider it. I'll wait and see what happens with these crashes first. Thanks again and good luck.

Thanks. I've not seen a game available for PS5 that makes me want to dash out and buy one, if Elite was =vastly superior on it, I'd consider it. I'll wait and see what happens with these crashes first. Thanks again and good luck.
It's superior in "game execution" because the reasons above (and it's already a good step ED menus are terribly slow) on the graphic side unfortunately nothing yet since it's still running on old PS4 code. By the way those blue screen "error CE something" happen on PS4 too, application crashes, not often but they do.

It's superior in "game execution" because the reasons above (and it's already a good step ED menus are terribly slow) on the graphic side unfortunately nothing yet since it's still running on old PS4 code. By the way those blue screen "error CE something" happen on PS4 too, application crashes, not often but they do.
Excellent information again, thank you. I have had one or two crashes on the PS4 in the last 6 months, one this week and one, well, about 6 months ago. I may look at this though. It's inevitable I'll get a PS5 at some point.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I just get a message from Sony that there was a problem with the game and then I can send information / screenshot / video to Sony what I do. No error code
There would have been an error code in the top right of the screen. As what you describe is the standard error reporting screen.

You can check it in Settings > System > System Software > Error History

I had crashes in CG areas too when lots of people where in system before this I was in very low traffic areas.

@Lorenzo Waringos No it doesn't look any better.

I've had 2 crashes now both at CG systems.

Last edited:
Same here. Today I played appr. 2 hours on my PS5, then it started crashing frequently, even after restarting the game. No idea why... Haven't experienced that in the last few weeks, where I have played quite a few times.

edit: was also doing the CG today. But it crashed in open, private and solo, so not sure if a crowded system can be the cause...

Top Bottom