Punishing Kumo Council for their attacks in the California Nebula

Nothing in this post concerns the Archon Delaine power, only the Kumo Council minor faction.

california patch.png

Operation Hungry Bear​

Kumo Council thinks they can just waltz in and take other people's stations. Let's give them a taste of their own medicine.

Here is the full list of Kumo Council assets that could potentially be liberated:

Main bubble - LIBERATED
  • Haithis: Millidge's Haunt, Nxasana's Spa, Sato's Lodges, and Vega Synthetics Assembly Fully liberated, Kumo Council retreated from system!
  • Kolabinates: Kumo Council retreated from system!
  • Saontiana: Laval Analysis Complex and Oyinlola Biological Lab  — All assets liberated, Kumo Council retreated from system!

Ceos-Sothis region
  • Ceos: Bakshi Biological Institution (Liberated!) and Durno Defence Base — Support Liberate Ceos faction, oppose Kumo Council

Last edited:
Saontiana Stakeholders have declared war on Kumo Council, with the objective of liberating Oyinlola Biological Lab.
Once Operation: Halcyon concludes, I would be heavily intrigued to see where this leads. Any assistance required could be arranged.
Their attack on the Pro-xeno community and their decision to incite conflict on yet another front with the Thargoids should not be understated.

This smells like Witch Head all over again; the alliance squashing any possible chance of anyone but them having ownership of systems where barnacles are present...

This smells like Witch Head all over again; the alliance squashing any possible chance of anyone but them having ownership of systems where barnacles are present...
As an Independent who supported TRG, I truly do not believe this is a matter of an Alliance takeover. Ownership of the Barnacles has been in Turner Research Group's hands for years.
Kumo Council is trying to launch an invasion to take control of the region without any reasoning, other than "Kill all Thargoids."

Mic Turner's wife, Meredith Argent, was fundamental in securing passive support from the Thargoids, through Turner Research Group. This enabled Turner to grow HIS OWN BARNACLE..... resulting in the first publicly known inter-species construction project. This runs a lot deeper than Alliance Sympathizing.

RSR has declared war against Kumo Council in Ceos. I was not involved with this, but good work, whoever you are! The fate of Bakshi Biological Institution hangs in the balance.

Mic Turner's wife, Meredith Argent, was fundamental in securing passive support from the Thargoids, through Turner Research Group. This enabled Turner to grow HIS OWN BARNACLE..... resulting in the first publicly known inter-species construction project. This runs a lot deeper than Alliance Sympathizing.
This is a fairy tale. Turner has been gone for decades and large barnacles are even older - there is no way one could possibly have been grown in the brief time the alliance have had a presence in California. The structure was obviously built around a pre-existing barnacle and the entire facility was constructed under the pretense of studying nearby bark mounds to hide its true intention.

There is no way one could possibly have been grown in the brief time the Alliance have had a presence in California.

To be honest, I got a bit worried when you pointed the time discrepancy out... because a part of my brain remembers this as well.
In hindsight, I can't seem to find a single bit of lore that indicates Thargoid Barnacles grow for decades... unless I am missing something.

Ram Tah's interpretation of the Guardian Logs is really all we have on Barnacles...
This is very revealing. The data appears to explain why the Thargoids seeded a number of planets with barnacles in what eventually became Guardian space, millions of years ago. As we know, Thargoid barnacles are designed to extract resources from a planet and transform them into meta-alloys – an essential ingredient in the creation of Thargoid ships and technologies. The Guardians surmised that for the Thargoids, seeding a planet with barnacles is an important process in preparing an area for occupation.

Mic Turner was born in 3205.
Argent's Claim, originally designated Alioth 5c, then named New California, is the third moon of the gas giant Alioth 5 in the Alioth system.
This name change occurred sometime in-between 2621 to 3230, when Mic Turner first made contact with Meredith Argent. They met for the first time in 3228.

Ample time for a Barnacle to be grown, cultivated and studied behind closed doors, plus Mic Turner was invested into long-distance travel.

Why haven't the Thargoids attacked Mic Turner Base, if the Alliance simply built on-top of one?
Comparing this behavior with all other known Barnacle site encounters.... it is rather unique.
Humans are typically met with resistance when over-extracting Thargoid resources... what makes TRG different?

Update: we've made considerable headway in our fight against Kumo Council—almost their entire presence in the main bubble has been wiped out! Unfortunately, they are still causing some trouble in the Ceos-Sothis area.

A more appropriate target were "The Razor Whips". I suggest to gank their BGS whenever possible. The Kumo Council is just a npc faction that does not really represent the Crew and Delaine.

Sure, but come in open play please.
What is going on with you fellaz? Do you need some BGS training? Ok, i come to Phraces system and you can blow me up as often as you want in my sidewinder. PMFs that gank themselves are the easiest to beat... When will you learn that PvP is the most wrong way to play the BGS?

A more appropriate target were "The Razor Whips". I suggest to gank their BGS whenever possible. The Kumo Council is just a npc faction that does not really represent the Crew and Delaine.
So basically you're going to punish a player group for something fdev made an NPC faction do?

So basically you're going to punish a player group for something fdev made an NPC faction do?
Yes. Thats the story all around. They could choose to disband their group, but they didn't. Or at least spoke clearly against this actions. They did not. If you choose to support abominations like Delaine, you have to be punished. No pardon for this scum! They had the chance to correct their sins when Trask rebelled. Again they choose to do not. (All RP) Its much more fun to wreck havoc to a player faction then some npcs. NPCs can not choose, they must do what is programmed or decided by FDev. I forgive them. Player factions have choices, and are responsible for their choice and must face the consequences.

What is going on with you fellaz? Do you need some BGS training? Ok, i come to Phraces system and you can blow me up as often as you want in my sidewinder. PMFs that gank themselves are the easiest to beat... When will you learn that PvP is the most wrong way to play the BGS?

Huh? 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom