Puzzled Planets - and a (not so) secret underground base?

I think you can actually select bodies in the system, but it will still only jump to the star, if you try in-system jumps then you get an error, I haven't tested it myself yet but that's what I have heard.
I don't own an FC but I couldn't select planets in a System earlier via the System Map. I did manag to do it in a different way in the end. Never experienced that previously.

Update: "validate game files" seemed to have done something - at least in the system map, the planets looked good again, at least in the first game session. Let'see how this goes - and if I can actually land again (didn't try, was chasing the Orthrus today).

So, this took a little time (and a few suggestions from Support - thanks to everyone there), but as a summary:
  • a clean re-install of the 22.11.2 graphics drivers had just about the same effect as the game file validation, i.e. planets looked good for one session, then went bad again
  • with 22.11.2, landed on a planet (however I managed it), quitting the game and then restarting it leads to a reproducible CTD during the loading pahse (spinning ship)
  • CTD can be avoided by rebooting with the "get unstuck" option (manin menu -> help)
  • finally, I reverted again to the 22.5.1 drivers. All the described issues are gone. Planets look nice again and are landable and explorable again.

No - but then again, yesterday evening the issue was first there again (couldn't even land at Trader's Rest), then gone (first went to Hera Tani, then returned to Lei Chung).

No idea what happened in the meantime - but from the responses here (i.e. none except yours ;)), I'd guess this is a rare issue. Done with engineering for the moment, so I guess I can live with it at least on this account.
I might have find a solution, gonna try it and come back to you guys to let you know if it's worth using...

guru3d. Downloading AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.5.1 WHQL driver download

Doesn't work with my GPU (Error 182 – AMD Software Installer Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported)...

Last edited:
My planet was broken the other day, but just in one spot, not as bad as your but still a little bit worrying;

yocc2nh.jpg

I can see the underneath of the ground, first time this has happened to me in years, not since early Horizons I think, so sometimes funny things happen, driver related? Don't know, I moved a fair distance and it stopped doing it so maybe it was that one spot! hasn't happened on subsequent planets but I haven't gone down using night vision either so maybe it was a combo of the two things, bad rendering and night vision.

FFjCAbx.jpg

Hello!

It's seems, that this issue still persist, I can recomend workaround steps, to be able do landing in make planet's surface explore.
1. You should approach to the planet from side, where is "planet surface part" looking good and in correct possition.
2. Exit from supercruize flight mode and reduce your altitude to 2 km.
3. Close ED to desktop. Close SteamVR and ED launcher.
4. Run ED in 2D (desktop mode) and load game. In this step you will found your ship in altitude 2km and planet surface will be normal.
5. Close ED and launcher again and load via SteamVR.

For this session you can do success landing and explore. Unfortuatlly, issue will be appear soon, when you return back to space.

Hope this post will be helpful for someone.

Top Bottom