PVP ACTIVITIES

I know this is a rather sensitive subject in this forum.
But I would honestly like to ask if there are ever going to be any in-universe activities implemented for players who like to pvp?
There are many players that after many hours, is the activity that we like to do and today there is nothing in the game that encourages pvp.

Until actual details, rather than just pretty pictures of station interiors, are released, how would anyone know?
In yesterday's stream, comments asking about it were moderated and in the pp2.0 post right here, the moderators are actively preventing people from talking about pvp.
IMG_20240328_191716.jpg

I always imagined an ecosystem developing between pirates, traders, and bounty hunters.

Traders haul valuable cargo, which attracts pirates. Pirates attract bounty hunters. Bounty hunters can be hired by traders as protection. ✨ emergent gameplay ✨

Problem is the game kneecaps this sort of interactivity at every level. Cargo is cheap and requires bulk hauling, so piracy isn't worth it. Haulers have zero reason to bother preparing for the risk of piracy when they could instead just go to Solo. And the game actively discourages player bounty hunting by capping the bounties that can be obtained. Finally, the in-game tools for any of these groups to find each other are laughable.

The possibilities are there for meaningful PvP, but the games design is hostile to it. Ganking is ironically the one style of PvP that the game discourages the least.

Last edited:
In yesterday's stream, comments asking about it were moderated and in the pp2.0 post right here, the moderators are actively preventing people from talking about pvp.
And the message posted by Ozric didn't explain well enough for you? So it is a conspiracy to shut up off-topic questioning then...

Perhaps you might look in:
for a more sympathetic ear?

ETA: You've been a forum member longer than me, and I recall the very frequent requests from PvP players in particular for something to support their chosen playstyle being 'old' threads even when I joined.

Last edited:
welcome on official frontier forum, place where devs firstly say "it will have little more reasons for engaging into X for Y mechanic", and then moderators prohibit talking about X in thread about Y mechanic XD

And the message posted by Ozric didn't explain well enough for you? So it is a conspiracy to shut up off-topic questioning then...

Perhaps you might look in:
for a more sympathetic ear?

ETA: You've been a forum member longer than me, and I recall the very frequent requests from PvP players in particular for something to support their chosen playstyle being 'old' threads even when I joined.
by the same logic, power play should be dealt with in its own sub-forum.

fwiw I enjoy pvp. Im not a ganker (maybe an occasional, very unsuccessful role play pirate) but I do enjoy a bit of healthy give and take from folks who are either high-ranked, or flying something that says “shoot me if you dare” like, say, a fer de lance, corvette or cutter.
I’ve recently been invading fed space as an imp so that’s been the source of some fun PvP antagonism and random attacks on me that tbh have been an absolute hoot. I think I’m batting maybe 2 wins for 5 losses so far so I’m not what you’d call a major threat. But it’s fun, right?

In short, bring on the “consequential” pvp features!

welcome on official frontier forum, place where devs firstly say "it will have little more reasons for engaging into X for Y mechanic", and then moderators prohibit talking about X in thread about Y mechanic XD
My intention is not to contradict the moderators or to create a thread for polemic.
So I'd rather we didn't start this kind of response.
I simply want to make the devs see that there is also a portion of players who like to do pvp and currently in the game there is nothing for us.

fwiw I enjoy pvp. Im not a ganker (maybe an occasional, very unsuccessful role play pirate) but I do enjoy a bit of healthy give and take from folks who are either high-ranked, or flying something that says “shoot me if you dare” like, say, a fer de lance, corvette or cutter.
I’ve recently been invading fed space as an imp so that’s been the source of some fun PvP antagonism and random attacks on me that tbh have been an absolute hoot. I think I’m batting maybe 2 wins for 5 losses so far so I’m not what you’d call a major threat. But it’s fun, right?

In short, bring on the “consequential” pvp features!
That is exactly what I am talking about.
I'm glad you enjoy pvp in a healthy way.

maybe they could do something like the Faction warfare of EVE, I think if they implemented some kind of pvp activity and tightened up the crime and punishment system a lot, it would be beneficial to the game.
I would like to see Elite go down the Eve PvP route a little bit, because then PvP might become actually quite profitable. People can make their living in Eve engaging in PvP that isn't just shooting traders/miners/explorers/etc. I think if PvP got more features, more work, and through a mechanism like Powerplay became an actual career path, we might see a reduction in some (not all) of the undesirable behavior that goes on.

The truth is, though, that the game itself would still actively work against this, because of PG/Solo. The Three Mode Problem is here to stay unfortunately unless C&P gets reworked almost entirely from the ground up with a very serious intention of preventing serious crime.

I would like to see Elite go down the Eve PvP route a little bit, because then PvP might become actually quite profitable. People can make their living in Eve engaging in PvP that isn't just shooting traders/miners/explorers/etc. I think if PvP got more features, more work, and through a mechanism like Powerplay became an actual career path, we might see a reduction in some (not all) of the undesirable behavior that goes on.

The truth is, though, that the game itself would still actively work against this, because of PG/Solo. The Three Mode Problem is here to stay unfortunately unless C&P gets reworked almost entirely from the ground up with a very serious intention of preventing serious crime.
I'm sure if the devs wanted to, they could make the pvp activity only work in open.
And that the blocklist system would only be limited to messages between users.
Everyone would be happy because no other type of player would be interested in that kind of activity.

I always imagined an ecosystem developing between pirates, traders, and bounty hunters.

Traders haul valuable cargo, which attracts pirates. Pirates attract bounty hunters. Bounty hunters can be hired by traders as protection. ✨ emergent gameplay ✨

Problem is the game kneecaps this sort of interactivity at every level. Cargo is cheap and requires bulk hauling, so piracy isn't worth it. Haulers have zero reason to bother preparing for the risk of piracy when they could instead just go to Solo. And the game actively discourages player bounty hunting by capping the bounties that can be obtained. Finally, the in-game tools for any of these groups to find each other are laughable.

The possibilities are there for meaningful PvP, but the games design is hostile to it. Ganking is ironically the one style of PvP that the game discourages the least.
Well... we rob because it's fun to, not for the money :D and some times bounty hunters come (not that often, but yes they're around).

Top Bottom