Ships Python combat zone brawler build

I'm looking for ideas to build such ship that would serve me as aux combat zone ship, I'd mind to swap some modules and take her to some friendly pvp as well, so she has to be a muscle both shieldwise and hullwise - all types of shields are welcome and all Gurdian and powerplay items are also welcome. Personally I'd lean towards a hybrid with SCB's, those duracell Pythons are so funny.

Anyway, for chaining CZ there is no better and efficient ship than the Vette.
If efficiency is not the goal, any ship works - i had great fun with a non-engineered C3 in the last december (during the last cg)

Anyway, for chaining CZ there is no better and efficient ship than the Vette.
If efficiency is not the goal, any ship works - i had great fun with a non-engineered C3 in the last december (during the last cg)
Problem is when you have no large landing pad in the system you want to hand in (for BGS shenanigans).

I'm exactly in this situation right now.

Can't decide whether Phantom, MkII or Python (currently using a MkII), and I'm seriously unsure which weapons.
I tried lots of stuff, APAs, PAs, Pacifiers accompanied with rails, beams, pulses, phasing bursts.
I didn't find the correct fit for me.

I guess I will go with the usual beams+multicannons (2 fixed c3 beams and 3 multicannons)

It's really a conundrum for me right now o_O

I'v been too lazy to engeneer a 'vette, but I never regretted using this baby at all:

Same Idea should work on a python as well, maybe with two large PAs and three beams ... .

Problem is when you have no large landing pad in the system you want to hand in (for BGS shenanigans).

Can't decide whether Phantom, MkII or Python (currently using a MkII), and I'm seriously unsure which weapons.
I tried lots of stuff, APAs, PAs, Pacifiers accompanied with rails, beams, pulses, phasing bursts.

I guess I will go with the usual beams+multicannons (2 fixed c3 beams and 3 multicannons)

It's really a conundrum for me right now o_O

I'd go with 4 beams and a large corrosive mc, plus a slf with mc - like F63
It's cheap on resynth and still able to chew npc ships - especially the weaker ones like eagles, asps and vultures.
Not so good if you encounter human opposition, but you can always wake out if things go south

I have a system nearby where a station is right next to a ringed planet and has a manufactured materials exchange. My old python Brawler was strictly pve, (I don't PvP) and I enjoy using it for materials gathering in the local haz res when I don't feel like taking out the Big Guy (vette). Yea, a Krait has better manuverability and hard-point placement, but with the C6 SCBs the little python is a brute IMO, and I find I don't really need a fighter to help me kill npcs. ;) I will bounce back and forth between plasmas, frags, and MCs on the top large hardpoints, depending on my mood at the time.

I had thought that Krait might be better, so I stripped the Python and built a Krait a short while ago. But I spent so much time fighting in a Python that it just feels more comfortable to me, so I'll be changing back soon. :)

FdL is the answer. I use this as my mission runner: https://is.gd/1C8W2h . It even has a small cargo rack for the 2-3t missions.

For the Python if it's to be used for some PvP too, prismatic shield, lots of SCBs, and weapons whatever you feel the most comfortable with.

FdL is the answer. I use this as my mission runner: https://is.gd/1C8W2h . It even has a small cargo rack for the 2-3t missions.

For the Python if it's to be used for some PvP too, prismatic shield, lots of SCBs, and weapons whatever you feel the most comfortable with.
FdL is not the answer, neither is Beluga 😂 (although I had lots of fun in HazRes with Phisto earlier in my Furrylance)
And learn to coriolis, I hate edsy ;)

I hate edsy ;)
I close edsy links immediately :ROFLMAO:

i have the same issues with EDSY, but lately i was trying to show some patience - now i can actually read a build - and EDSY is able to show some other info that's not accessible in coriolis.
Still i cant make a build in it and, well... i'm not even trying :)

You're forgetting the Chieftain! You still have 2 large and medium for taking down hulls/modules, and those 3 smalls with Cytos are going to be far more effective at shield stripping than 2 mediums you'd get with those ships. Better handling than any Krait or Python (you don't need permaboost when you don't need to boost to gain position), fast (which is I why I take a Chieftain over a Vette or Conda if I'm after fast clears), and top notch convergence.

Something like this will probably never see the shields go down (I've started on a big ship then tanked Elites when they dropped in on top of me till I downed my first target w/o losing shields) but there is a plenty of PP to make a more shield/less hull focused build with SCB(s) if one wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the MKII & Phantom in CZs as well, and Python is actually my favorite ship for all fixed weapons and I regularly work one in to CZ action too, but for medium ship pure CZ clearing efficiency I really don't think a Cyto Chieftain can be beat.

You're forgetting the Chieftain! You still have 2 large and medium for taking down hulls/modules, and those 3 smalls with Cytos are going to be far more effective at shield stripping than 2 mediums you'd get with those. Better handling than any Krait or Python, fast (which is I why I take a Chieftain over a Vette or Conda if I'm after fast clears), and top notch convergence.

Something like this will probably never see the shields go down (I've started on a big ship then tanked Elites when they dropped in on top of me till I downed my first target w/o losing shields) but there is a plenty of PP to make a more shield/less hull focused build with SCB(s) if one wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the MKII & Phantom in CZs as well, and Python is actually my favorite ship for all fixed weapons and I regularly work one in to CZ action too, but for medium ship pure CZ clearing efficiency I really don't think a Cyto Chieftain can be beat.
Chief is another option, although it's a bit restricted on internal modules. I need cargo, collector limpets and a scoop, in useful sizes.
(and I have two more or less fully engineered ones in the bubble and don't want to build a third :LOL: )

OK, I bought a Python and cooked up a build https://s.orbis.zone/6b-8

What do you think, critique and adjustments are welcome.
I'm not a fan of shield cells, but that's more a matter of preference. Personally, I'd swap them for a couple more Guardian shield reinforcements and switch the utility slots to two resistance augmented boosters, plus two PDTs. If you can afford it, switch out the Military bulkheads for Reactive with the same engineering, and you won't really need an FSD interdictor for CZs either so switch that for a 1D thermal resist hull reinforcement with deep plating as a special effect.

Edit Just noticed you mention PVP in your first post which means you can probably disreguard my advice about the SCBs.

Last edited:
FdL is not the answer, neither is Beluga 😂 (although I had lots of fun in HazRes with Phisto earlier in my Furrylance)
And learn to coriolis, I hate edsy

I thought the same and used many ships for bgs running, I even used my trade Cutter and Anaconda for the scan missions.:cool:
The FdL is the best for the type of missions an Anarchy gives, she can even deal with the CMDRs foolish enough to think they can collect the bounties.

I like edsy better, all the info on 1 page and it shows information coriolis doesn't. Heat related stuff for example, it's important for the stuff I like to build.
It's easy to use too, the modules are on the left side, in the middle is the ship, and the right side is the engineering. Easy Peasy.

I'm not a fan of shield cells, but that's more a matter of preference. Personally, I'd swap them for a couple more Guardian shield reinforcements and switch the utility slots to two resistance augmented boosters, plus two PDTs. If you can afford it, switch out the Military bulkheads for Reactive with the same engineering, and you won't really need an FSD interdictor for CZs either so switch that for a 1D thermal resist hull reinforcement with deep plating as a special effect.
That's going to get you killed in PvP, OP wanted to do some. The Python is a ship made for SCBs.
I do have a smuggling Python, but that's not even close to what OP wants to use his Python for.

Top Bottom