Question for Open players who don't like PVP/ganking... help me understand

Hey, I know we were talking about fringe idiots. I was replying to Stigbob who was already ridiculing people who were bad losers against speed builds. I wasn't suggesting that you or any other sensible PvPer would hold this view.

No, I don't know where I read it now, but I clearly remember someone complaining that his opponent ran away in normal space so there was no way for him to stop their shield rebuilding. He would have preferred a chance to catch the opponent again in supercruise before the shield was restored. He thought this was how a fight was intended to play out and therefore running in normal space was an exploit which couldn't be countered.
It was indeed somewhere in the Hotel California debate; decrying an apparently unfair way to decline combat. I just recalled it for amusement; if you don't believe it, though, all we lose is a laugh.
Ok, fair enough. Thank you clarifying and I apologize for taking you out of context.

Just to add some clarity to what you might have heard, there are some people who will engage in PvP combat and as soon as they loose their shields, they speed away to get their shields back. It is a very cheap and frowned upon tactic for legitimate PvP. I had someone with a Chieftain try to do it to me a week ago actually. He pulled me (while I only had 64% hull remaining and was heading back to repair) then tried run from me when I dropped his shields, to get them back. He was pretty bad and I still clapped him but all did was draw out the fight.
Its a very annoying tactic and anyone engaging in legit PvP should be discouraged from doing it.

However, if it was a ganker complaining about someone they were attempting to gank, speeding away in a faster ship, then yes, they are a fringe idiot.

Why would anyone need to prove anything?
Because someone made a claim, they're obligation to prove it not have the other disprove it. Again this is the logical fallacy nonsense that you and a few others engage in. It's really that simple.

I'm happy to take anyone at their word if I have no reason to doubt them
I am seriously going to doubt that but even if remotely true that is a very low brow thing to do. My humble opinion of course.

If there's a comment from a ganker saying fast ships escaping is an exploit, then show me.

The fact you think its an unlikely thing to have been said shows you are fairly new. I had one guy tell me I should move house in case my rural internet inconvenienced him, I wrongly assumed he was joking.

Don't underestimate just how unreasonable the people who want everyone to play their way can be.

The fact you think its an unlikely thing to have been said shows you are fairly new. I had one guy tell me I should move house in case my rural internet inconvenienced him, I wrongly assumed he was joking.

Don't underestimate just how unreasonable the people who want everyone to play their way can be.
I've been commenting on your posts for over a year now so you know that's not true. I've been a part of the ganking and PvP communities for almost 4 years now and although I've seen people say some stupid stuff, I've never heard anything as ridiculous as what I thought Brrokk was saying. He clarified on the previous page though so we're all good.

We must all remember to honor the ways of Space-Bushido. Without that code, what would our pixels be?

It's great to be morally judged, in a video game, by a guy who's name is Ganksalot. Amirite?

I'm going to have to remember to name my next Commander: Sir CLogsalot.

Last edited:
We must all remember to honor the ways of Space-Bushido. Without thay code, what would our pixels be?

It's great to be morally judged, in a video game, by a guy who's name is Ganksalot. Amirite?

Indeed. We don't need to question why it matters whether they believe anything or not, really we should consider ourselves lucky this newbie decided to play the same game as us.

I've been commenting on your posts for over a year now so you know that's not true. I've been a part of the ganking and PvP communities for almost 4 years now and although I've seen people say some stupid stuff, I've never heard anything as ridiculous as what I thought Brrokk was saying. He clarified on the previous page though so we're all good.

Less than half a decade is noob territory for the forum 🤪(y). I approve of your attempts to educate players in the fine arts of space escapology.

The more outrageous demands come from people who want everyone playing or working on the game to stop what they are doing and obey them, right now if not sooner. They occupy the extreme ends and dark corners of the gamer spectrum so it's not really an exclusively ganking thing.

Judging me on my name... Nice Mohrgan, real nice.

I believe you have disclosed enough to elevate the comment above just 'looking at the cover'. It's a funny time for you to go all bashful. I guess not all of your skin has been toughened by the rigors of open-only.

I know, I thank my lucky stars for all of those guys that got tarred in the '5 for 1' Engineering scandal.

That was the one that prompted my proposal to address Combat Logging (so FDev could be even handed with their cheat clampdown), and got me interested in promoting meaningful PvP.

Top Bottom