Quick Tip for finding Titan Drive Components; don't relog!

Just a quick one as this seems to be cropping up all over the place.

You don't need to relog at the Titan wreck site if there isn't a Titan Drive Component there immediately.

The problem with relogging for this one is you'll respawn 80km away.... and for all but the fastest ships you'll easily chew through one caustic sink just getting to the center.

But besides that, the Titan wreck site functions quite different to most POIs where you scoop salvage (and tangentially, is a vast improvement on current systems, and has good potential for future tasks like this). The key difference is that as you fly around, loot will continuously spawn in.

It's not like normal POI where what spawns is it, and if you can't see what you're after it won't be there and you need to relog. New loot items will spawn in periodically at 6-8km as you fly around (if you're static, I don't believe things spawn in).

So, instead of relogging and flying back in that 80km trek constantly, just zip around scooping Caustic Shards and Mechanisms to keep your Caustic Sinks topped up while you search for Titan Drive Components which spawn in.

As an aside, the potential of this change is awesome, because it could spell the end to the inane relogging that goes on to farm materials by having POI such as battle debris where things just constantly spawn in as you roam around looking for them.... especially if default behaviour is for there to be nothing initially in such an instance.

Does it spawn in if you don't scoop other stuff? I had the impression that it was just replacing scooped stuff (when I just sit there nothing changes - when I scoop something I often see something appear elsewhere).

Would make sense that new stuff is only spawning if the old stuff is scooped up or despawned. Not sure if the latter is happening, but I guess it's possible after a certain distance.

Does it spawn in if you don't scoop other stuff? I had the impression that it was just replacing scooped stuff (when I just sit there nothing changes - when I scoop something I often see something appear elsewhere).
I dont think so? I dont scoop everything I see, and the list of things around gradually gets longer as I fly around the place.

Regardless, if you're scooping the mechanisms and shards for sinks, that would also create turnover for more spawns.

Last edited:
And yeh, I dont collect the Pods while I'm there, and this eventually happens...
1711107579091.png

So they revived the way how HGE used to spawn in space before the big revamp. A system that I have liked way more than what we currently have.

As another example, just landed four Titan Drive Components from one session (and a bunch of other stuff) while I ran three caustic sinks, didnt need to restock them via synthesis.

FWIW @Factabulous I just shot through the middle of the wreckage, doubled-back after not scooping anything, and new stuff that wasn't there before (inculding a drive component) were there.
Thanks - I didn't spend an awful amount of time looking for Motors are they didn't seem like a good candidate for a CG* - being so rare - so I was looking more at mineables rather than the floaty stuff. The few times I sat around there didn't seem to be much spawning - more movement is probably the key (y)

* Shows how much I know :)

So they revived the way how HGE used to spawn in space before the big revamp. A system that I have liked way more than what we currently have.

Well, HGE still spawn that way.
Some weeks ago i was in Sirius, going to apply some experimentals when i decided to check for HGE - a quick full FSS revealed 4 HGE - i went to pick them and after the 3rd i fss the sytem again and 2 new HGEs already spawned. And i kept getting them and they kept spawning. In total i picked like 10-11 HGE in Sirius that evening.

they were hedging bets to be in the Top 10 in the next CG...
I wish their sanity luck. It will need it.

Or maybe it won't, because there's probably not going to be a lot of competition. But with the CG only being about gathering the drive components, over also doing the slightly more risky business of picking bits off the Titan wreck itself inbetween... well, it'd probably become a bit dull after a few runs.

Did the green cloud get smaller after the restart? I thought I used to have to travel 30 seconds or so through the green before the wreck turned up, but recently it's been obvious as soon as I drop out of supercruise.

Yes, I also have the impression that it's dissipating.
That isn’t surprising. Interceptor death clouds also dissipate. This one, expectedly, was a lot bigger, so takes more time for it to fully go away.

… why do I feel like humans will do what they do and plonk down a tourist beacon of “Humanity’s great victory” in the wreckage. With, of course, no mentions about what led to the conflict or anything that should’ve been learned from it.

Top Bottom