Quick Tip for finding Titan Drive Components; don't relog!

Or bones to enable engineering of the meta-alloy hull protection (or new engineering for caustic). But I'm not sure if they'll want to keep doing lots of CGs for the Goid War (risk of spreading pilots out of cleaning up, slowing it all down).
Nice that we had a CG where it's basically "all you need to do is participate, no competition needed for rewards" and "first target is basically met, second is to speed things up". Just wish we could actually speed things up. Even if we had 10k people chipping in, that would mean 100 drives per pilot, and debris diving can get stale after so many repetitions.
Still, nice to see the new POI design and more straightforward CG.

That isn’t surprising. Interceptor death clouds also dissipate. This one, expectedly, was a lot bigger, so takes more time for it to fully go away.

… why do I feel like humans will do what they do and plonk down a tourist beacon of “Humanity’s great victory” in the wreckage. With, of course, no mentions about what led to the conflict or anything that should’ve been learned from it.
Maybe this one (or some of them) will mention the number of people still unaccounted for. But the buzz on war fatigue has been high, so at least one of them will come with that POV, I'm sure. If not, I bet the Wych Hunters are going to say something about it very loudly.

If not, I bet the Wych Hunters are going to say something about it very loudly.
There won’t be much to bat about if it doesn’t glorify the Proteus Wave(anyone who still does would be insane to do so, if you’re to ask me). That’s the least I could ask for with any such tourist beacon, if you ask me.

(And we know they will appear, unless the Thargoids decide to pull the Titan wreckage out of there. Or decide there’s enough left to rebuild a basically new one from, in which case a tourist beacon being placed there might not be too welcome.)

(And we know they will appear, unless the Thargoids decide to pull the Titan wreckage out of there. Or decide there’s enough left to rebuild a basically new one from, in which case a tourist beacon being placed there might not be too welcome.)
I don't see why the Thargoids would object to the positioning of a beacon summoning large numbers of lightly-armoured passenger-heavy ships to their location.

So they revived the way how HGE used to spawn in space before the big revamp. A system that I have liked way more than what we currently have.
Not sure what you mean by the HGE mechanics there, but the titan debris cloud is very much along the lines of what I've suggested should replace HGE relogging - bigger instances with lots of materials spread around that requires flying in normal space instead of relogging/supercruise a-b autopilot.

It's very well implemented for that, except the materials you find in the wreck aren't really useful for anything as with most new stuff since odyssey.

Similar to how doing PvE vs human npcs with some of the spire AA this new AX-related thing makes me wish that they replaced HGEs with something implemented similarly well for other materials (element of danger, hazardous environment with constant drain on resources just to stay in the area) it would be pretty good. Instead of caustic it could be heat (already done in burning stations, but not great for materials), fuel drain, some sort of module damage that requires juggling AMFUs - there's all this great stuff in Elite that barely gets used in gameplay.

While the debris field itself is light on brand new gameplay it's overall a great and much needed iteration on salvaging gameplay.

Not sure what you mean by the HGE mechanics there,
HGEs used constantly spawn in front of your ship as you were flying along in supercruise. Distance was determined by your speed. Hanging around at 30km/s you could literally just drop in as the HGE spawned. And there was no despawn timer.

HGEs used constantly spawn in front of your ship as you were flying along in supercruise. Distance was determined by your speed. Hanging around at 30km/s you could literally just drop in as the HGE spawned. And there was no despawn timer.
Ah I remember that spawning random other stuff like degraded emissions instead of being a guaranteed HGE spawner other than that they could eventually spawn among many other things.

Did the green cloud get smaller after the restart? I thought I used to have to travel 30 seconds or so through the green before the wreck turned up, but recently it's been obvious as soon as I drop out of supercruise.
I was also thinking "am i able to stay here longer than usual" during my run last night.

I don't see why the Thargoids would object to the positioning of a beacon summoning large numbers of lightly-armoured passenger-heavy ships to their location.
Well, if you look at it that way...

... but I was more thinking along the lines of "They won't tolerate anything human-made near the Titan" in such a scenario. But then, tourist beacon or not, their presence would draw the trigger-happy kind of pilot as well. Thargoids that is, though I'm just as aware some like to blast cruise ships to pick up the wreckage for engineering materials as well.

Or to shut them up in their incessant "This liner is in the top 1% of all liners out there" spamming.

Looks like Week1 you get 1:16 per caustic sink - week 2 is 1:37 per sink. Week 3 is not caustic. And the diameter changes as suspected, but in week 1 the 'ghosting' in the scanner makes that hard to measure - maybe 40km -> 20 km -> 0km is the caustic range?

Looks like Week1 you get 1:16 per caustic sink - week 2 is 1:37 per sink. Week 3 is not caustic. And the diameter changes as suspected, but in week 1 the 'ghosting' in the scanner makes that hard to measure - maybe 40km -> 20 km -> 0km is the caustic range?
Taranis isn't caustic anymore??

@Factabulous me rn
images-8.jpeg

Top Bottom