Quick Tip for finding Titan Drive Components; don't relog!

So, looks like the salvage at Taranis (due to the lack of cloud and any real threat) is greatly reduced.
  • Abrasion points are still there and still dump the usual stuff.
  • Loose salvage (including Titan Drive Components) seems to spawn at a drastically lower rate

On the upside, no cloud meant i could get a nice shot of a cyst pearl... although based on it's appearance... cyst (being abnormal) seems to not quite describe it, given how it's "held"
1711623073022.png

Last edited:
I hope one day we get a use for those mineables. Maybe next week - as Leigong will still be caustic. If not soon they'll be waiting for Oya to explode and be farmable which is weeks away.

I hope one day we get a use for those mineables. Maybe next week - as Leigong will still be caustic. If not soon they'll be waiting for Oya to explode and be farmable which is weeks away.
Yeah look... i know this is Jmanis QQing more, but the fact the current, massive suite of Thargoid materials amount to nothing more than glorified AX synthing (like, who would actually need to synththe nanite torps???) is just a big waste... then on the cargo front, the fact there's even two different bits you can get from a Scythe... that just seems excessive if it's nothing more than just loot.

Yeah look... i know this is Jmanis QQing more, but the fact the current, massive suite of Thargoid materials amount to nothing more than glorified AX synthing (like, who would actually need to synththe nanite torps???) is just a big waste... then on the cargo front, the fact there's even two different bits you can get from a Scythe... that just seems excessive if it's nothing more than just loot.
It’s just getting the stuff in game early for when we can start base building on landable ammonia gas giants after update…

Just been to Taranis.
Indeed, caustic cloud is gone and much easier to get cargo, though TDC's are still not spawning very often.
Hunters and others seem to be circling and not a threat for cold ship.
Also killed a hunter and got damaged, but there is also NPC rescue ships which send Repair Limpets to you, but also NPC Pirates after your cargo!

Looks like Week1 you get 1:16 per caustic sink - week 2 is 1:37 per sink. Week 3 is not caustic. And the diameter changes as suspected, but in week 1 the 'ghosting' in the scanner makes that hard to measure - maybe 40km -> 20 km -> 0km is the caustic range?
My impression of the caustic ranges was ~50 km > 30km > 0(nothing). Because week 2 has no sensor distortion and there was a distance of 30 kilometers to the center of the wreck when the caustic started/stopped when I went out.

Did the mass lock range change with week 3 now? It was at around ~35-37 on week 2, possibly also week 1(as mass lock cleared even while still stuck in the caustic remnant).

… and if there are NPC pirates at the Taranis wreck now, I might have to go do some ‘business’ with them. The kind that involves hardpoints.

As for the use of the ‘mineable’ items, will Palin say anything for them now? He didn’t when the Taranis wreck became first accessible and I brought stuff over. Or maybe Aegis is going to start looking that way now.

Just a quick one as this seems to be cropping up all over the place.

You don't need to relog at the Titan wreck site if there isn't a Titan Drive Component there immediately.

The problem with relogging for this one is you'll respawn 80km away.... and for all but the fastest ships you'll easily chew through one caustic sink just getting to the center.

But besides that, the Titan wreck site functions quite different to most POIs where you scoop salvage (and tangentially, is a vast improvement on current systems, and has good potential for future tasks like this). The key difference is that as you fly around, loot will continuously spawn in.

It's not like normal POI where what spawns is it, and if you can't see what you're after it won't be there and you need to relog. New loot items will spawn in periodically at 6-8km as you fly around (if you're static, I don't believe things spawn in).

So, instead of relogging and flying back in that 80km trek constantly, just zip around scooping Caustic Shards and Mechanisms to keep your Caustic Sinks topped up while you search for Titan Drive Components which spawn in.

As an aside, the potential of this change is awesome, because it could spell the end to the inane relogging that goes on to farm materials by having POI such as battle debris where things just constantly spawn in as you roam around looking for them.... especially if default behaviour is for there to be nothing initially in such an instance.
The first two drives I collected spawned as I flew around.

The last 5 only spawned after I waited for, and destroyed one heart of an interceptor.

Just been to Taranis.
Indeed, caustic cloud is gone and much easier to get cargo, though TDC's are still not spawning very often.
Hunters and others seem to be circling and not a threat for cold ship.
Also killed a hunter and got damaged, but there is also NPC rescue ships which send Repair Limpets to you, but also NPC Pirates after your cargo!
Yes, just took my second trip out to the Taranis wreckage since the tick, can confirm TDCs are still spawning, I saw 2 on the trip, but as you say there are human NPC pirates out there now, and was chased off before I could collect the 2nd TDC.

The CG is over but if you don't want to do 'Killing Oya' or sampling, etc, etc, just go and collect everything if you have a FC.
I am sure all the collected goods are worth something in the future, and if not, they are good to sell.

Also it is a great change to the usual game loops.

The CG is over but if you don't want to do 'Killing Oya' or sampling, etc, etc, just go and collect everything if you have a FC.
I am sure all the collected goods are worth something in the future, and if not, they are good to sell.

Also it is a great change to the usual game loops.
I figure it out, thanks. I decided to replenish my mats, filled the Core Dynamic Composites up, got quite a bit of a few other grade 5 mats in the process.

Top Bottom