Parks QVP project - wip screenshots

(Original Thread: Quazeeland)

Welcome, this thread is for progress screenshots of my tremendous(ly tedious) long-term park project.
The basic concept for the park was done in 2017,
some smaller sections of the park were also already built in 2017/2018.
But "Official" groundbreaking only began in early 2019.
I kept the progress secret so far as i wanted to surprise you with a finished park, however, Since it will be at least another year until i can finish phase 1 of the project
i might as well begin to show the progress.
In phase 1 the park will be done in its "Opening Day" varnish, over time i will expand the park with several more E ticket attractions and expansions,
some of which are more or less finished already,
but i want to hold these back for phase 2. This way i can focus on other details and hopefully this way i can also achieve a "open for business" look faster.
Btw, the park is the reason why i make TMTK items, most of the assets i made were done specifically for this park,
all of which took some time to make, of course, so the overall progress of this park project is pretty slow,
i seldomly copy and paste scenery and time constraints are a factor, too.

(current)(Lake Elizabeth, Wasteland Fair, Carousel of Doom)
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0112.jpg
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0114.jpg
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0113.jpg

The "cold drink" lit neon sign was just temporary, same as with some of the signage like Atomic Slush, those will be replaced by custom assets
So far this building is almost done, the entrance and exit need a bit of interior detail and i have some smaller corrections to make.
All in all i'm quite happy with the look and how it blends into the area. In the last picture you can see the restroom area and staff-only area on the far right side.
I will show some more angles in the next post. PS: Yes, those are new letters in the 3D neons alphabet. (Fresh out of the oven, best keep an eye out on my workshop) :p

This looks great, you really set up the atmosphere! I look forward to the rest of the park.

Kudos for sticking to the project for so long and creating a lot of your own (beautiful) assets.

The immediate area around the Carousel of Doom looks pretty much done, but still some more small details are missing, i want to add a few more things there.

-First picture: Center bottom is the restroom area, first aid and staff area, to the right is the entrance to the Carousel.
It all extends into the rocks and i had a very particular look in mind when i began with this section.

PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0120.jpg

-Second picture: Zoomed out perspective with a glimpse of the still unfinished Train bridge in the background.

PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0121.jpg

-Third picture: An aerial view of the showbuilding and the train tracks which mark the border between two subsections within the Wasteland theme.
On the far right, there is a boarded up entrance visible, this will be one of the phase 2 attractions i mentioned earlier, i will leave it like this
for the time being and first finish the Lake Elizabeth/Wasteland Fair general area before i work on the ride that is supposed to connect to the entrance there.
You can already see lots of small details, but as i mentioned, it's not done yet.

PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0122.jpg

This looks great, you really set up the atmosphere! I look forward to the rest of the park.

Kudos for sticking to the project for so long and creating a lot of your own (beautiful) assets.

Thanks! Well, 'm hooked on the idea of building my own theme parks since the days of RCT1, actually, before that even.
I'm not in a rush to finish it, i'm enjoying the process :geek:

love the look of this ride theme

Thank you, wowman! :)

This is cool! It reminds me of Fallout, actually! Was that intended?

Thanks! Yes and no, the likeness certainly is leaned towards some of Fallout's design features, but despite this being a wasteland it's only an hommage to the
general atmosphere in the Fallout series, not more than that.
But there are several references to other games,too, both visual and in form of easter eggs. RDR is another design influence, for instance.
The synopsis of the themes doesn't lean on the lore of Fallout, at all.

Maybe at this point it makes sense if i post a short excerpt of the synopsis:

Wasteland City (just a temp name for now):
The heart of a suburbian city centre, located on a hill overseeing Lake Elizabeth, it once thrived for decades,
was eventually taken over by the revolutionary guards of Commander Calis.
Most of the city was destroyed during the Great Uprising and to this day it serves as a lawless sanctuary
for its sinister residents.

Wasteland Fair/Lake Elizabeth:
When the Lake almost dried out during the desertification of the Nation, the residents of Wasteland City quickly saw an opportunity.
A myserious figure, alongside his worshippers, took control over the remaining water reserves and the river feeding the tiny lake that was left.
With complete sovereignity over the only water reservoir within a 100km radius his Cult had the power to decide over the fate
of every human and animal being in the vicinity. In order to keep the poor souls entertained and to mask their own sinister motives
they eventually began to reassemble some attractions from an abandoned nearby fairground.

-----------

May 2019 vs. June 2020
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0124.jpg

PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0125.jpg

Looks incredible so far, Arti! Love post-apocalyptic themes :D
Thank you. You will be pleased to hear the whole park is dedicated towards post apocalyptic themes :)

wow - looks great- I assume you made the girder support pieces?
Thank you. Yes they are tmtk.

I haven't shown much of the things left and right of the Carousel of Doom.
As i mentioned before this section is supposed to look like a dried-out lake bed, sunken and stranded ships included ;)
When the fairgrounds grew and grew, one of the residents quickly saw an opportunity to open up an Ice Cream "Parlour" in one of the buried ships.
It's one of the few places where food can be refrigerated. Some wires and a few instances of Dare or Don't later Nathaniel made himself a rich and
important personality in the community. Next to making a fortune from renting out some of the refrigerated space it turn's out 'Nathaniel's Gillato' (sic) ain't so bad after all.

Well....

....It's certainly survivable.

That's a good thing ain't it??!?!?!
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0130.png

Hopefully we will see a little more from the progress on Nathaniel's little cozy cool place.

And remember: The Wasteland is fair only at the Wasteland Fair!

Next up: More mysterious images... 👻

PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0131.jpg
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0132.jpg
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0133.jpg

PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0134.jpg
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0135.jpg

Did i tickle everyone's craving for a Steampunk DLC? Good. 😈

...but these will be.
PlanCo-QVP-Screenshots-BatchA-0136.jpg

@wowman To further explain (not complaining to you, just saying in general):
The Steampunk set ain't all done yet, i'm still testing as for what shapes and props are most practical and which ones are still missing.
Since i ususally never get the same support other creators get i'm not in a rush to release anything unless i feel like i want to.
And certainly not until each item is fully finished and properly tested ingame.
Once i upload an item i don't want to have to go back and update it later on, just because i rushed it.
And like i said, i get nothing in return for sharing all these top-notch items, if people and Frontier rather constantly hype other creators, so be it.
Just don't expect anything much in return for nothing.
So, in consequence, i share what i want to share, not what others expect me to share.
(And i'm also a little annoyed my proposition towards Frontier for a "official" community dlc for charitable causes fell on deaf ears)

cheers, stay safe!
Arti

PS:
I'm sure i'll eventually release the Steampunk set in the not so distant future, but right now i want to play around with it a little more until the set feels complete.

RivetSteelWorkshop_r1.max - Autodesk 3ds Max 2019  27.10.2020 11_39_15.png

Hey,
How's everyone?
Time for an update:

The first aerial shot, the red circled areas are the bits you've seen so far.
Progress is pretty slow and you might get a hint as of why in some of the other screenshots below. (Well, and time is a factor, of course)
And the park is heavily reliant on tmtk items i made specifically for the park, the Wasteland and Steampunk TMTK Sets only came to be because
both are themes in the park and PC obviously has little to offer in those two themes.
Essentially, though, i'm in no rush with this. I don't have to make any fancy youtube videos, no time restrictions.

(Why did you grey out so much in the picture? - Because the bits you can see took a looong time and it will take more time even to adress these areas (detailing and beauty-pass) so let's leave these areas out of the picture for now. (I mean, there could be some impressive scenery and theming that'S hidden under there, but it's greyed out, so don't even remotely feel as if you're being teased)) :coffee:

1.png

2.png

The mascots are already hungry for guests, who are only allowed in for flow tests and occasional testing.
It ..... will definetly take a good while until they can stop enternesting and enterassing each other, but make the guests laugh instead.

10.png

11.png

Next up, a lot of garbage....

As i mentioned earlier, this section is supposed to be a semi-permanent fairground,
built into a dried out lakebed in a post-apocalyptic setting.

1. The first picture shows the central 'hub' which may look very detailed already, but there's still a lot of details to follow.

3.png

2. Another shot of the central hub, from the east side, in this shot you can also see the shop that's 'buried' one level below the queue.
We'll take a closr look at this area in this post and i'll follow up with some progress shots in the following pictures.

4.png

3.After another session the shop and the vista take more shape. It might be tedious, and to some of you this might sound weird, but i actually place all the items manually and separately. It just looks different and more defined if it's not all copy&paste. I also try to build the rubble and junk in a way so it makes sense from a physical standpoint.
And yes, i can't emphasize enough how tedious this is.But the result looks quite rewarding, i think. What do you think?

5.png

4/5. A few more items added and showing a different angle you can see how all the space is filled and messy. Any junkyard would be jealous..

6.png

7.png

6. This Cast Member looks eager to get to work in his new workplace. ... He'll have to be patient.

8.png

7. Some of the new decals i made for this section of the park. I think it suits the style of the ride, but i'd like to hear your opinion.

9.png

cheers,
Arti

this is awesome. the theme is something I haven't ever seen yet and you did it great. love the junk yard look.
I'm glad you like it. I have a strong vision about the look and atmosphere, especially post apocalyptic themes like these.
There's basically 5 themes in total, but i'll have to cut it down, the handling of the park becomes rather clunky.
With the long loading times, the stupid autosaves (which take forever) and the frequency of such, the lag spikes. It's slowly but steadily growing out of control. So i'm thinking about what i could do other than to just do the Wasteland theme section and leave the rest out, i could have each theme in a different file, this way it may be more fluid, but i dislike the fact this generates so many interconnected save files. Cutting it down would also be a shame, there are some half finished attractions standing around and it would be rather annoying to have to scrap them. At least i haven't done too much terrain work in the other sections, that's a bit of a relief. Oh well, if anyone has some good arguments for one or the other, or a different suggestion, let me know. :)

Ok, time for more pictures :coffee:

This shop (this one is the Workshop version, further below you can see the shop as a new park addition, as well)
represents the style i'm going for very accurately, i'd say. Quite happy with the outcome. (almost done)

19.png

'That's no blood, that's ketchup!!'
24.png

This will be one of the 'phase 2' projects. On the inside I haven't done much on it at all, but the ride has a pretty cool concept and story so it's definetly worth the (extra) wait.

25.png

The area behind and around the bridge will get some love soon(ish), as well as the bridge itself, which i don't necessarily look forward to..
26.png

unfinished harbor building.
27.png

hand-polished.
28.png

The first torn down building in this section, a cubicabomination of a balloon shop. I wasn't happy with it at all, it just looked too clunky and it just didn'T fit in.
With all the containers there needed to be something without hard edges.
29.png

It think it fits perfectly. Oh and sidebar reveal, you can also see one of the E-Ticket attractions, a river rapids adventure.

30.png

Nothing follows a straight line in the Wasteland.
31.png

And closing off the post with a nice view.
32.png

Next up: Detailing out the 'vista' next to the new balloon shop.

Top Bottom