Ranking the areas still requiring animals

Absolute Hail Mary but man it would be great: we get three monkeys.

1. Howler monkey is the more unique among the three
  2. Squirrel monkey, almost a direct capuchin clone
  3. Golden lion tamarin, another “clone”
I don’t think we could get slider monkey, but who knows
Im quite sure that tamarins would be a new rig, so if we get multiple monkeys id bet on squirrel + either howler, spider or tamarin.

Im honestly fine with that, personally my prefered scenario is a scenery pack with just the spider monkey and a second one to reuse the rig down the line, similar to gibbons, with the others thrown in down the line

At this point Latin America is so woefully behind everything else it’s ridiculous. I’ll say it again and this is just my own opinion of course: I’d actually be 100% fine if every single mammal we get from here on out is from central or South America

Absolute Hail Mary but man it would be great: we get three monkeys.

1. Howler monkey is the more unique among the three
  2. Squirrel monkey, almost a direct capuchin clone
  3. Golden lion tamarin, another “clone”
I don’t think we could get slider monkey, but who knows
A Howler Monkey for sure I'm thinking. They're visually unique, though I guess you could say that about many of the monkeys. New rig most likely but shouldn't be overly hard to do, similar in effort to the Proboscis Monkey I'd think.

Really want a Squirrel Monkey over a Spider Monkey, and the good news for me in that, it's probably easier to design from the Capuchian Monkey rig.

Spider Monkey - pretty highly requested but probably one of the more difficult to design, brand new rig for sure.

Tamarins - brand new rig for sure, not sure about them being habitat animals is the issue. Which, if they were exhibit animals, maybe we'd get more than one? I know the Golden Lion is the most requested and talk about here, other good possibilities are the Emperor Tamarin or Cotton Top Tamarin, or many others.

Marmosets - same as the Tamarins, but they're a bit less discussed or requested here at least.

Wooly Monkeys, Uakari, Night Monkeys - Probably the same level of work in general as the Howler Monkey, any would be great but these are a bit more obscure than the ones above.

I'd really hope a Latin American animal pack would give us 2 habitat primates. A Scenery Pack probably just 1 primate. 3 habitat primates would be a dream, but very unlikely.

At this point Latin America is so woefully behind everything else it’s ridiculous. I’ll say it again and this is just my own opinion of course: I’d actually be 100% fine if every single mammal we get from here on out is from central or South America
I mean I don't want that. But if I had to pick as few mammals from other places as I could all I really need is baboon or gelada, echidna and maybe tree kangaroo.

I mean I don't want that. But if I had to pick as few mammals from other places as I could all I really need is baboon or gelada, echidna and maybe tree kangaroo.
That would be super boring
It's cool y'all have differing opinions and I absolutely respect that. Just saying for me, personally. Not that there wouldn't be other non-South American mammals I wouldn't want in the game, just that if they never showed up I'd be alright by it. Even with no Tree Kangaroo!

My personal thoughts on the most important animals (animal groups) left:

1. South american primates: at least 3-4 - Howler, spider, squirrel, golden lion tamarin
2. African primates: baboon and at least one typical old world monkey from Africa like the mantled guereza
3. Indian primates: just one would be fine, with the grey langur being the most basic but important option, lion tailed macaque being a more exotic yet interesting alternative
4. More small cats: ocelot, Palla's cat and serval
5. A coati (SA i think is the most important one but any would do)
6. Indian ungulates: at least blackbuck and muntjac, you could throw gaur and nilgai as well but i don't deem that really necessary
7. Patagonian mara: Patagonia is empty and the mara is an extremely common, versatile and docile animal.
8. Habitat birds: at least another crane (grey crowned crane of course), greater rhea (the last ratite and important for SA), a stork (marabou and white stork being the most important), ducks (at least one), more galliformes (helmeted guineafowl, golden pheasant, wild turkey and cappercaillie at the very least), a spoonbill (roseate clearly), an ibis (scarlet and northern bald ibis), a pelican and the secretary bird.
9. Caprids: the only one i deem important enough is the markhor, but chamois and mountain goat fit as well.
10. The bears: spectacled and ABB to finish the entire group at a species level
11. Walrus: maybe rare in captivity but just like pelicans, ducks and bunnies a very recognazible and popular animal.
12. Lagomorphs: i prefer the wild kind but any would do.
13. More habitat reptiles: african spurred tortoise (radiated and red footed are also good options), habitat turtle (Arrau river turtle being my prefered one but there are other options), an australian monitor (like really, how come we haven none?), and an african croc (Nile, please)
14. A handfull of oddities left: tree kangaroo, tamandua, aye-aye, short beaked echidna

These are not my personal choices in all cases. i can live without a walrus for instance, but i think those are the basic animals that we really need right now.

My personal thoughts on the most important animals (animal groups) left:

1. South american primates: at least 3-4 - Howler, spider, squirrel, golden lion tamarin
2. African primates: baboon and at least one typical old world monkey from Africa like the mantled guereza
3. Indian primates: just one would be fine, with the grey langur being the most basic but important option, lion tailed macaque being a more exotic yet interesting alternative
4. More small cats: ocelot, Palla's cat and serval
5. A coati (SA i think is the most important one but any would do)
6. Indian ungulates: at least blackbuck and muntjac, you could throw gaur and nilgai as well but i don't deem that really necessary
7. Patagonian mara: Patagonia is empty and the mara is an extremely common, versatile and docile animal.
8. Habitat birds: at least another crane (grey crowned crane of course), greater rhea (the last ratite and important for SA), a stork (marabou and white stork being the most important), ducks (at least one), more galliformes (helmeted guineafowl, golden pheasant, wild turkey and cappercaillie at the very least), a spoonbill (roseate clearly), an ibis (scarlet and northern bald ibis), a pelican and the secretary bird.
9. Caprids: the only one i deem important enough is the markhor, but chamois and mountain goat fit as well.
10. The bears: spectacled and ABB to finish the entire group at a species level
11. Walrus: maybe rare in captivity but just like pelicans, ducks and bunnies a very recognazible and popular animal.
12. Lagomorphs: i prefer the wild kind but any would do.
13. More habitat reptiles: african spurred tortoise (radiated and red footed are also good options), habitat turtle (Arrau river turtle being my prefered one but there are other options), an australian monitor (like really, how come we haven none?), and an african croc (Nile, please)
14. A handfull of oddities left: tree kangaroo, tamandua, aye-aye, short beaked echidna

These are not my personal choices in all cases. i can live without a walrus for instance, but i think those are the basic animals that we really need right now.
Are these in order of importance? :)

Hot Take: Madagascar should be yellow...
Why? We have 3 lemurs and the fossa.

Sure there are some other animals that could flesh it out better like the aye-aye, Coquerel's sifaka, a tortoise and the nile crocodile but the very basic ones for general representation are already there.

Is just like with Patagonia. With the rhea and the mara could go straight to green IMO. Only missing the guanaco and maybe pinniped or penguin for getting blue.

Yes and no, its defenetly not blue but what keyspecies would it still need to not be yellow?
Sifaka, aye-aye, radiated tortoise, Nile crocodile, and tomato frog/day gecko/ leaf-tailed gecko/chameleon if you want to count exhibits. 😂 It's probably more of a personal wish but the fossa's addition to me seemed like a good start, not an ending point

Aye aye are important animals, both ruffed lemurs are boring and I’m angry they choose those bores over the interesting superior aye-aye

Sifaka, Ring-Tail, Indri and Aye-Aye are the only intersting lemurs, the others are just there... Fossa food

So let’s hedge our bets, will Latin America and South America get the necessary boost to be considered complete? Or is the final pack going to add animals from around the globe?

I’m hoping it’s the former, won’t be surprised if it’s the later.

Top Bottom