COMPLETED CG Rare Goods Required for Galactic Summit

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok. Guess I'm just an idiot. Thanks.
Not an idiot. You're not the first person to fall foul of this. It's partly because you skipped a line in the instructions, but it's also rubbish UI design. Why can't FD just assume that anyone delivering CG goods to a CG station means to contribute to the CG? There's no plausible situation where you wouldn't want that.

Sorry you were disappointed, but hopefully you still got good profits from the deliveries and you now know the pitfall. I recommend always signing up to CGs as soon as they're available, whether interested in participating or not.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
No, I made 6 trips of 108 each.

I made ~13 million credits each trip so it's not a total loss. I just wanted to help support the community more than anything. I'll know for next time.
So sorry to hear that MightyGood. As you say, at least you know now and did get to make some credits from the sales. I can't tell you how many times I have simply forgotten to sign up for a CG! Deliver my first load, check progress and see '0 tonnes collected'! Anyway, welcome to Elite and hope you continue to enjoy playing and participating in more CGs. :D o7

hitting silent running on a shield tank instead of deploy hardpoints

repeatedly hitting L For Landing Gear instead of J For Jump The F Out Of Here for about 15s while flying like an idiot trying to not die to some FdL that just interdicted you in an Engineer system.

Still managed to live, maybe it's a great technique after all :unsure:

Top 10% here 1520t lavian brandy - multiple Lave runs in my Asp Explorer over the week . Wonder when we get to pick up the FSD - time to go an pick up all the bouties I picked up during the run - funny thing of course is got more money from selling the brandy than will get from the award
I didn't appreciate how inflated prices could be during this kind of CG. Trading's not really my bag, and I'm only maxed out in that capacity because of the mining exploits, but after the CG ended, I took one last trip to Lave Station, to swap back in my SRV hangar in place of the FSD booster, and bought the 43 tonnes of brandy, just to see what it would fetch now. It still cost, IIRC, a tad over 13,000 Cr to buy, but [I wanna say 414.000 Cr?] to sell. Definitely well below the 5 mil I was getting before.

I guess this is why some CGs are so popular, especially for new players, but it's weird from an economic perspective, that there's someone throwing this money at us. My ummersion may never recover.

The module will be placed in storage at the Ashby City starport in the Luyten’s Star system by the 26th of February 3307.

It's an engineered module. When an engineer says something like the above it means SOON. Soon means we'll get around to it when we get around to it. The same can be said for mechanics, repairmen, government employees and delivery services.

Used the Type -7, did circuits for all the rares (but started dropping Geras because of the distance/time) still finished up in the top 25%.

o7!

If it's any comfort, a LOT of players have made this mistake on their first CG.

If the forums are any indication, there's a fair number who still make that mistake despite doing dozens of CGs - those people I have a little less sympathy for. :D

I know I certainly made the same mistake, but noticed at the start of my first CG, when I checked where my contribution had placed me in the left panel after my first delivery. It was at that point I scratched my head and discovered I had to sign up.

No, I made 6 trips of 108 each.

I made ~13 million credits each trip so it's not a total loss. I just wanted to help support the community more than anything. I'll know for next time.
I was just the opposite. With everyone talking about how to shave time off trips, I couldn't resist checking the grey CG box at the top of the Missions list almost every time I delivered a load. But there have been times when I thought I was doing what was required, only to see no tonnage registered at all, so maybe I'm just paranoid. I certainly ended up delivering close to two thousand tonnes because I was worried about the FCs dropping me into a lower percentage at the end. But, sure enough, I got in the top 10 percent, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show...

Woohoo. Got several free modules coming. A couple are for brand new Epic commanders who don't yet have enough mats to engineer anything close.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom