Really? All that hype for nothing?(spoiler)

A lack of immediate "thing to do" is what was a mistake with this finale.
Yep, this. This was the mistake. Doesn't even have to be new content can just be reused old mechanics they already have with a new twist. Something for all players to participate in some sort of meaningful way instead of watching a cutscene and then... "Well, there is nothing new to do so I guess I'll wait till the next update now then..."

It's weird too because, if you're not keeping your players playing they aren't spending money on your game either.

The story is different in Ody and Horizons though.
In the latter all NHSS and generally all Interceptors seem to have vanished (with the exception of those doing the obligatory hyperdictions whenever you're jumping into the system, which gets old pretty quickly tbh).
So basically the Salvation experiment was a big success in Horizons I guess. Thargoids eradicated, job well done. :)

Universe divergence confirmed.

Agree. However the next thing to do will very likely be a CG, so it'll probably be on Thursday. So why do this patch today instead of Thursday? Possibly the combined workload and downtime of patch day + maintenance day had to be split in two.
No doubt about that. What do we have? Scavenge what's left of Salvation's stuff, Investigate Azimuth, figure out how to fix Guardian weapons, scramble to rebuild Aegis, probe the Thargoid defenses in preparation for the counterattack and then some. There's plenty of CG fodder.

No doubt about that. What do we have? Scavenge what's left of Salvation's stuff, Investigate Azimuth, figure out how to fix Guardian weapons, scramble to rebuild Aegis, probe the Thargoid defenses in preparation for the counterattack and then some. There's plenty of CG fodder.
NGL when I saw the hazard warning I was hoping it was ALL modules that were being damaged.

Moved my carrier 8,000lys out in the black to HIP 22460 To be part of the ( update ? ).
Got a cutscene that I could have been anywhere to see, go figure.
Why did Fdev want everyone to be at HIP 22460 ?
Will hang around and see if anything develops.

ok - help out with a real challenge then and try and get a hutton mug to every station in the galaxy - all 170,000 of them. That's doing.... We might be done by march.

As for storytelling - it's a PUZZLE - we've got things to work out.....

Huge story drops - player says "riveting storytelling bruh"

There's more to do in this galaxy than you can possibly do in one lifetime. And you don't like it....

Or fight back against the Thargoids and destroy a few. Or read the logs and work out what to do NEXT?

Or help that player group kick various nasty factions out of the Pleiades. That's a challenge.
You're not sure what you want other than it's "not anything in Elite at the moment". That's fine. You can watch the rest of us having fun on YouTube if you want.
Or just change game, if everything is boring or "not enough action, I could see it on YT".

Yeah, I logged in, watched the video, checked my Guardian FSD booster (was actually disappointed it is still working, but I'm 5Kly away), checked my FC balance, and logged back out.

But hey, that video did get me to log in after two months away (during a summer workday nonetheless), so kudos to Frontier!

It’s only hazardous in HIP 22460, everywhere else things are still normal.

hear hear. For my part - there's a HUGE amount to do and am loving every minute.
For you- yes
For me- also yes

But for him- I see that nope. So why he still suffer in elite. Games aren't wifes, you can change it by 2 clicks.

I don't like fact, that HZN get practically nothing, because my main is on exploration, so I was here on alt. Nothing new? Okay, I'm back to exploration.

I don't think I did but if you took it personally then I'm sorry . As to my expectations ? I had already lowered my expectations to an acceptable level of disappointment. Unfortunately it seems it wasn't low enough ?
calling people "minions" because they don´t share your disappointment is pretty degrading, but i guess it wasn´t meant that way. no harm done.

unfortunately, yes, i guess you didn´t lower your expectations enough.
in the past, i held fdev in pretty high regard.
after the odyssey launch, i forced myself to expect absolutely nothing and take the game for what it is, not what might come one day.
i understood that they will never even come close to what could have been.
fdev became just another company thats after my money. they will say whatever it takes to get it. they work for their inverstors first, the players are secondary.
there is abolutely nothing i look forward to regarding this game.
and if there is (like this conclusion) i choose a "i believe it when i see it" stance.

now it might sound contradictory, but accepting this helped me to enjoy the game as it is.
this approach might not be healthy for the game, but it is for me. fdev taught me to not care at all.
and because i don´t care, i can have fun instead of feeling let down.
apparently you care more for the game than they do.

As a rule gamers do. Get attached to a game.
Let's await the next installment. I'm sure it'll be gripping, puzzle solving etc.
I've just been on patched. And there's little to no difference apart from lighting fixed which is nice.
Runs OK for me in VR but could be better.

Universe divergence confirmed.
1660079134797.png

Agree. However the next thing to do will very likely be a CG, so it'll probably be on Thursday. So why do this patch today instead of Thursday? Possibly the combined workload and downtime of patch day + maintenance day had to be split in two.
I wouldn't have wanted a CG for the finale. CG's are getting overused. Carry X cargo to Y megaship. Hand in combat bonds to Y megaship. Rinse and repeat. What this finale needed was new content. New thargoid ship variant. New conflict zone types with this new variant. New stellar phenomenon caused by the weapon. New gameplay. I would've disliked this finale more if it included another cargo or save burning station CG's we've seen a million times before. The only potential gameplay that this finale has caused is research into this green relic. It's just not enough. Shame.

To conduct the game's largest Gank ever, of course!

...I am really curious about the number of players that were sent to the Rebuy Screen due to this whole thing...
I narrowly escaped it. Logged in, found my ship powered off after the cutscene. Noticed far too many Thargoids around the Megaship and managed to jump out before they noticed me. :) Good thing, too, I had no idea my Guardian Weapons were offline until long after. :D

Moved my carrier 8,000lys out in the black to HIP 22460 To be part of the ( update ? ).
Got a cutscene that I could have been anywhere to see, go figure.
Why did Fdev want everyone to be at HIP 22460 ?
Will hang around and see if anything develops.

Were you in the system when you logged in after the update, or did you jump over after the fact? If you logged off in system before the update, you got a short but pretty nice experience. If I may, I'll quote the description of my experience from another thread:

When I logged out last night I was parked on a planet (I forgot which body it was). When my CMDR "gained consciousness", I was genuinely confused and scared. My ship was disabled, so I couldn't move. After the reboot, everything was glitchy, then I got hammered with module damage and failure messages. Then I got the thargoid arrival prompt and thought: I got to get outta here. I'm glad I remembered to boost and FA off, because I was too confused to select the fire group with the field neutraliser. Luckily I was fast enough and could low wake out. That was a genuinely scary experience.

It may have helped that I did that in VR, and also that I kept away from the internet all afternoon, but the first log on after the update was just awesome. And I was even a bit proud that I did evade the thargoid gank.

Top Bottom