Really large landable planets: the list. (MK II)

Thanks for taking over the thread and to the OP again for starting it all off! o7

No problem! ;)

and one I encountered a couple of days ago not far from the bubble (which I was not first discoverer of but it's OK to report?).

Yes, if no one has reported it in this thread, even if you weren't the first to discover it in the game, you were the first to report it here...So it counts!

Sorry I don't have screenshots of them from orbit

No worries, as long as you have the system map pick, that's all I really need as proof :)

P.S. sorry I can't get the img thing to work. It just never works for me!

This is because you're using the wrong links. When you upload your images to imgur, it gives you a few link options. You want the option that has the file extension at the end (usually .jpg) For example, open your first image in a new tab. Now right-click the image and click "View Image." Now you should see the image by itself in your browser, and the direct link to the image in the address bar at the top of your browser. The link to your first one is:

http://i.imgur.com/G2w3m72.jpg

So simply put the

Last edited:
According to eddb, there are even three landable gas giants out there. Has somebody checked them out yet?

Whoa what!? Weird...Wondering if it's a glitch or something. And they're all really close to Sol. Hmm, this requires some further study. Definitely gonna check this out as soon as I have some time to jump in the game. Thanks for the head's up sir!

Whoa what!? Weird...Wondering if it's a glitch or something. And they're all really close to Sol. Hmm, this requires some further study. Definitely gonna check this out as soon as I have some time to jump in the game. Thanks for the head's up sir!

Wanna bet you get a crash to desktop approaching them? ;)

I think it must be a glitch somewhere too; do let us know though! :)

Fly safe... o7

How do you have a planet which is 73.6% ice and surface temp of 524K? Is this actually possible in real life or is it just a flaw in the procedural Gen system that the game uses?

Hello again, finally found another planet to add to the list, I must admit I was pretty down when my last contribution to the old thread got pushed off the bottom of the list when all the new finds were added, lets hope this one fares better!

Cmdr Varonica

xHCsb1d.jpg

It just squeezes in at the moment!

I paid a visit to an old friend as I was passing through. At the time of discovery I thought nothing of it so didn't land, I made up for it this time. The view of the rings is stunning and the horizons as flat as a pancake even at 150km in orbital cruise.
2p1yBMy.png

rogVKbE.png

VaDMnS5.png
http://imgur.com/a/EeXfg

There is rumor of a 25k world, on the other side of the core. It's in elite galaxy online, but I am yet to see any images.

Last edited:
Top Bottom