Ships Rear Admiral's lounge

Hi gang, newb here, this is what I have sorted out for mine atm for a PA build.

I tried some cannon/beam builds and they did not suit me really. Cannon build seems strip shields w/beams and hull it with kinetics, a PA build huffs shields first then beams .

http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_c...NhA.Aw18eCMMCzPIA===?bn=PAmyVette%2Fw%2Farmor

Note the .IO site shows it works with a 3.5km KWS but in reality it fits a 3km.

I like the build above better than the 2 huge cannon/beam configs mentioned (never tried the 3) but always found like said above, the Gunships ate me up.

With the .IO link above, couple salvos PA resolve shields to 89% hull, then Lifesupport melts in a few moments with the burst and pulse. No more gunship problems for me.

I cannot afford a 8A powerplant yet so this is micro managed with a 8B.

The hull armor is a cost thing too in case things get tight, but after the latest sort out of modules, I seldom have to dock to reload cells so might scale back to be a little more agile.

I strictly BH with this. My ship progression was sidey, viper IV, asp explorer, gunship. Never ran a FAS of FSD, just ground rank and ran smugs missions. My other ship is the asp. Vette is a blast for what I do.

The kit above is affordable if you shop. Rank should have been gathered before this next mission patch, I hope to progress more though, will see what the patch brings or of you can buy your way still with charity.

Fly sideways.

- Stella

2 b4 cannons,1 large impulse,2 medium beams and 2 small bursts.
6 sb,2xc7 scb ,2 HS.
Fill the rest as required.

I'm saving up for a Corvette. Need a bit more to get comfortable. I'm unsure what to do with those small hardpoints. Their placement makes me want the smalls to be fixed. Kinda wish the mediums and small swapped places. Quad PA! If only lol.

here is the build I'm saving up for: http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_c...05t5t5o5of5396lv42f.AwRj4zlS2lqiA===.Aw18Z5A=

I tried something similar in Beta, but didn't fly the Corvette as much as I wish I had. Are A thrusters worth it you guys think? I was surprised at how mean a fixed beam firing all the time is against a small opponent. Wish I had more skill managing more than 2 fixed weapons at a time.

Last edited:
I would like to see a chematic showing me at which angles those Large hardpints would be able to aim at ships if using turrets. That should visually be more than a hald spehre which sounds realyl amazing. (I know its not the optimal purpose but I just like turrets)

Last edited:
I'm saving up for a Corvette. Need a bit more to get comfortable. I'm unsure what to do with those small hardpoints. Their placement makes me want the smalls to be fixed. Kinda wish the mediums and small swapped places. Quad PA! If only lol.

here is the build I'm saving up for: http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_c...05t5t5o5of5396lv42f.AwRj4zlS2lqiA===.Aw18Z5A=

I tried something similar in Beta, but didn't fly the Corvette as much as I wish I had. Are A thrusters worth it you guys think? I was surprised at how mean a fixed beam firing all the time is against a small opponent. Wish I had more skill managing more than 2 fixed weapons at a time.

Your build exited optimal Mass for B thrusters so your ship will be less maneuverable. Switching to A will fix that.

Well.
I just got my membership to the lounge.

Edit: My credential:
DDC Hammerfall

71BwJIQ.jpg

Last edited:
Updates

I missed a pic post, this is smaller and with old loadout referred in a previous post.

This was:

nP68ZH5.png

8B PP and Bi weave 7C.

Now running 8A and 7A of those.. much much nicer I say but phew, spendy... yea dogone spendy chile... this kit was the grind...

http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_c...AwRhrSumPNhA.Aw18eCMMCzPIA===?bn=MyVetteFinal

But its runs pretty sweet, and can fiddle with swapping in / out another cell bank / HS pair. Any suggestions are welcome.

I will post a couple scaled down images next landing.

CHeers !

--

vxw5RZh.png

--

MAMGQaA.png

Last edited:
Any interested in photo ops in this area over the next few days consider a gathering to raise local vettes to +9.

Something about UFO's. I am there to make a few collections for aahhh.. personal.. medical research. Unrelated of course.

Jvz4ihT.png

I am on my way to Maia. Had to stop mid way and hide at the shadow of a planet to sleep. I should be at destination today.

Cheers, I will hang out around merope 5c, farming the rest of today and tomorrow, see what happens etc.

Heheh, I made two trips, first one was without an advanced discovery scanner.... derf. and yea its not sooo horrid a trip with 96 tonne o fuel and a big scoop.

LOGBOOK Entry Updated

Last edited:
*Sigh* Rear Admiral "Dad of Ryan" reporting in. I didn't know this thread existed :/ Need an Admiral's cigar and a tumbler of cognac. I don't smoke or drink cognac, but who cares :)

Will post a pic when I'm done upgrading Horizons again (?), guess I haven't been on for a while.

...and I broke my sig. One of those days..

Last edited:
So, first tried the Corvette in Horizons beta, was already interested in it and had been grinding my way up to Rear Admiral since I first saw pictures of it weeks prior. By the time Horizons came out I had made it up to Post Captain. Only took a couple days to finish Post Captain to Rear Admiral, bought the Corvette and quickly went broke upgrading it to being worth 409 million credits, the rebuy is 22.7 million. Still have a ways to go and some rebuys to make up before I actually take it out into combat but I've used in the Dahan Evac Shelter CG and for finding some barnacles.

She's a beauty, and flies true. Too bad it jumps like sh** :)

Corvette_screenshot_1.jpgCorvette_screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited:
I hate admitting it, but I am starting to prefer the corvette over FDL... I mean, I am still in love with the FDL, I will never ever part with it.. But the corvette, to me, is just an awesome beast, handles fantastically, and the 2 class 4PA's just tickles me in my happy place, especially when one shotting an anacondas powerplant from around 80%...

I love my anaconda still, but it just felt lazy to me.. wheras the Corvette, you really have to "fly" it, much like the FDL...

From experience, she can do 1000 LY in about an hour, if you strip it for exploration like mine and focus. Not excellent for explorers, but it looks pretty in screenshots.

Edit: I'll just throw on my Distant Worlds calling card.

Last edited:
I hate admitting it, but I am starting to prefer the corvette over FDL... I mean, I am still in love with the FDL, I will never ever part with it.. But the corvette, to me, is just an awesome beast, handles fantastically, and the 2 class 4PA's just tickles me in my happy place, especially when one shotting an anacondas powerplant from around 80%...

I love my anaconda still, but it just felt lazy to me.. wheras the Corvette, you really have to "fly" it, much like the FDL...

That is a noteworthy statement from arguably the biggest FDL-ophile on the forum. Although I have read a quite few posts from Commanders saying it is like a larger version of the FDL.

Ive currently got A rated versions of the FDL and Conda. Just earned the Rear Admiral rank yesterday so once the extra credits are in the bank I'll have to give it a try.

Last edited:
Who says Elite cant provide neck breaking, adrenaline filled experiences?

For the record, I am a lame shot, competent, perhaps effective even, but no more than that.

Tangled with 4 Anacondas and 1 Fer De Lance in a Hazardous RES, my mistake, while 3 of the Anacondas were in a wing, a 4th one was accompanied by the Fer de Lance. So, I attacked one of the Anacondas in the wing, but switched to another one on the fly because it flew in front of me and since the 3 were already firing, switching was no issue, however the mistake was that this Anaconda was in a wing with the FDL and it happily joined at shooting.

Well, one Anaconda went down along with my shields after the last SCB was fired, my 2 cannons pulverized the FDL and it blew quickly; 3 Anacondas where firing at my at the same time as I finished the Fer de Lance, my hull was at 75% and going down, in desperation rammed one of the Anacondas and managed to hook to it so started firing quickly at close range and it blew up as well. The ramming and the remaining Anacondas worked my hull down to 40% and my FSD declared that it was not going to work anymore, my shields were collapsed since a while ago, and had my secondary SCB was offline, my PIPs were in engine and weapons, I abandoned defense prepared to go down as fire and metal was falling from my Corvette and escaping was no longer an option. My canopy wasn't able to withstand all that punishment at that point and simply shattered along with my pressure and the oxygen that kept me alive.

My hull was at 18% when the Third Anaconda blew up and turned my ship towards the last one; I am sure that pilot felt a cold sweat running down his spine, because I simply boosted to it while firing and screaming ready to visit whatever deity wished to have me under its wing. The last Anaconda exploded, however all was far from over, my hull was at 10%, my air wont last for no more than 6 minutes, right there I wished to have purchased the C class Life Support module; my Frame Shift Drive was taken out as well, so whatever I was going to do, needed to be done here. In big ships its always wise to carry a Field Maintenance Unit and so I did as well, however the bloody piece of metal was taken out in the fight and all I could see was my time running out, mercilessly. My last choice was to reboot the ship and hope for the best. After the reboot, the FSD was at 1% and I hit the Super Cruise switch hoping to make it to the station that was at some mere 90 Light Seconds away, in my mind I could still do it, however the FSD refused to engage, no matter how many times I pushed the switch.

I was starting to get really concerned at this point, but my machine didn't abandon me at all, the FSD engaged and I was on my way to the station with no more than 4 minutes remaining. To everyone that have been in this situation, guiding the ship in Super Cruise without a HUD is a pain in the     , it is easy to confuse the distance, relative speed and position, so you usually overshot the station as I just did right there, little less than 2 minutes remaining. I think I felt real happiness when the "Safe Disengage" appeared and I left Super Cruise. Boosting to the station hoping to not make a blunder because I entered from the side, didn't have the time to line the ship in super cruise, luckily I did it right and went trough the mail slot without scratching the borders or hitting the sides. Atmospheric restored, landed on pad 9 and I simply melted on my seat, sweaty, tired, and smiling from side to side. Those 400.000 credits on repairs were given with appreciation, I stored my trusty Corvette, my Hammerfall, you didn't fail me, I will accompany you to the end of the galaxy if needed.

So yeah, the Corvette is a magnificent ship. Now, I will go out and enjoy some safe Earth air and atmosphere we all take for granted.

Top Bottom