Abandoned [RELEASE] Trade Computer Extension

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
No i didnt, because there was no indication, that i had to (the value changed even without pressing Enter). Ok thanks, i will try it tomorrow.

Btw., what about the different prices between normal / compact view? Shouldnt that only affect the commodities visibility?

This could be also a problem of using no enter key.
As the manual speaks:

"When clicking on a displayed value of the SELL, BUY or STOCK column, you can change it manually. Press enter to finalize the input done."

Thanks for posting again. Can you please send me your whole database folder, so I can recreate it to eventure(at)ki.tng.de or upload it. Thanks

Working on a .net version at the moment. See Development Update under News.

Thanks for finding a dud. Will change it for the next release.
Is that the TCE file? I cant seem to figure that out and that file itself is too large to upload

Is that the TCE file? I cant seem to figure that out and that file itself is too large to upload

The whole DB folder, please. Pack it and send it me directly. Also please tell me your position, you having the issue and what commodity you selected. Thanks

Hi,
Me again, sorry.
I haven't had any problems for awhile. but today I can't seem to launch it.
Office reports TCE.xlsm is locked by another user. If I understand how this app works it should just be ok to click read only, as the end user we don't make changes to that file anyway.
is it just me getting this?

Thanks
Robin

Hi,

Just had the system 'Vele' come up as a reference system.... it really threw out the calculated distance to my previous system. Not sure why. I changed that system to something else and the calculated distance to my prior system was within .02 LY of what it should have been.

Hello again, just popping in to tell you that this bug is still occurring with 1.54.8

Thanks for your data. Now I found the problem and fixed it for the today release. It had nothing to do with your data, they are fine.

Hi,
Me again, sorry.
I haven't had any problems for awhile. but today I can't seem to launch it.
Office reports TCE.xlsm is locked by another user. If I understand how this app works it should just be ok to click read only, as the end user we don't make changes to that file anyway.
is it just me getting this?

Thanks
Robin

Did you run another instance of TCE/Excel in the back? A restart of your PC should normally fix the problem, or kill the Excel process at the taskmgr, if there is one before starting.

Hi,

Just had the system 'Vele' come up as a reference system.... it really threw out the calculated distance to my previous system. Not sure why. I changed that system to something else and the calculated distance to my prior system was within .02 LY of what it should have been.

Could be a system with wrong coordinates. All data comming from FD, so this won't be the last. I recommend to change the X/Y/Z coordinates for Vele to 0/0/0 till you update the correct position yourself.

Last edited:
Full Version (1.55) released:

Changelog(incl. minor updates):
- Removed the sometimes visible toolbox.
- Fix an issue, when showing the Credit Balance Overview, Navigation and Summary panel through the Panel Control window.
- Fixed an error on selecting an unregistered station from the Summary panel as a destination.
- Fixed an issue on scrolling the space stations at the Summary panel.
- Fixed an issue on moving the Navigation panel with lower resolutions.
- Fixed an error at the Star System Summary panel, producing error on start.
- Fixed an issue at the Station Database panel, showing the SAVE button, when no unregistered station was selected.
- Small optimizations to the Classic Main panel, button background color is now black, not greyish.
- Added a note to the Commodity panel, if the OCR Process window is shown.
- Fixed an issue at the Classic Main panel, to lock the database button, if TCE didn't find any position data (on "Waiting on Elite Dangerous" message)
- Fixed an error on star system entry by preparing data for the Star System Summary panel.
- Fixed an issue with the submenu buttons at the Classic Main panel on high resolutions.
- Fixed a missing background coloration on comboboxes.
- Fixed an error, when adding a new trade ware to the database.
- Fixed an error at the Star System Summary panel, when clicking on the info button.
- Fixed an error at the Trade panel, when searching after stations for best buy/sell a commodity and only found one station.
- Fixed an issue at star systems containing a ')' in its name.
- Fixed an issue at the Star System Summary panel showing the actual date as the last visited, instead of the last date before the current visit.
- Fixed some sort routines, preventing possible errors.
- Fixed an error at the Navigation panel on mouse over, when the list is blank
- Fixed an error at the Trade panel, when clicking on Best Buy/Sell headers.
- Fixed an issue at the Position/Destination displays showing wrong goods to buy when trade route is active.
- Fixed an issue at the Station Database panel, showing wrong icons for services.
- Fixed an display issue at the Commodity panel.
- Adjusted some false star system data.
- Updated Language database.

Note:
Please use the Transfer Database Manager (TDM) for TCE V1.54.8 and older versions to make your database compatible with the actual version of TCE.

Hello, i have a problem. When i try to modify star system or add new star system, i get an error 13.
I tried to sort out the problem, but could not, however, understood that the variables of different types(Me.TB_CoordX.Value as Variant and Ar_DBStars(Ar_DBLogbook(AzLogbook - 1, 4), 3)) as Double).
Screenshot:
https://pp.vk.me/c627526/v627526397/1f967/KVJDRZPu5gI.jpg

Sorry for my English.

Hmm... working here, so it must be a delimiter issue. Should be sorted out ,when adding a Cdbl() around the textbox.value and Ar_DBStars array. Could you test it?
If not, I will add this to the next update.

I add Cdbl, but it does not fixed error:
https://pp.vk.me/c627526/v627526397/1f98d/oSeBcFj_W7s.jpg
If i remove these strings and x = 10 then i get error 13 when i try to save star system:
https://pp.vk.me/c627526/v627526397/1f983/l1-JkcU_YLk.jpg
What version of Excel you use? I use 2010, may be problem in that?

Office 2007. I think it is the textbox value, because the error in saving routine is raised by XC = CDbl(Me.TB_CoordX.Value).

Did you checked, that your office is up-to-date, because none reported such an issue for a long time (a delimiter issue at that time).

Office 2007. I think it is the textbox value, because the error in saving routine is raised by XC = CDbl(Me.TB_CoordX.Value).

Did you checked, that your office is up-to-date, because none reported such an issue for a long time (a delimiter issue at that time).

I haven't a licenced version.
I tried use 2007 and 2010, but it does not work for me.
Now i am downloading excel 2016...

May be because i use Windows 8.1, i don't know. Help me please ;(

Last edited:
Hi Eventure,

1.55 is working well for me. Star system summary is now coming up with the notes as default when entering a system...thanks!!

However, I guess I messed up somewhere and now I have all the default stations in my stations list, in addition to the stations I have actually visited. Is the method to get rid of the default stations still to delete the stations from the US (I think) worksheet in the stations mdb?

Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but when I went through set up, I chose "ctrl" to show/hide the classic ui. It didn't work. I also tried "left ctrl" and it didn't work either. I went back to the "subtract" choice, and that is working great. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Abil

Last edited:
Hi Eventure,

1.55 is working well for me. Star system summary is now coming up with the notes as default when entering a system...thanks!!

However, I guess I messed up somewhere and now I have all the default stations in my stations list, in addition to the stations I have actually visited. Is the method to get rid of the default stations still to delete the stations from the US (I think) worksheet in the stations mdb?

Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but when I went through set up, I chose "ctrl" to show/hide the classic ui. It didn't work. I also tried "left ctrl" and it didn't work either. I went back to the "subtract" choice, and that is working great. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Abil

If you want to get rid of all unregistered stations, please use TDM.
If you want to delete a double entry (registered and unregistered sharing the same name), please go into the Station Database panel, select Register Unregistered Station, and select the station, you want to delete from the dropdown list under Station Name.
Thereafter you will see a 'X' buttton. With it, you can delete the unregistered station from the database.

I didn't tested all keys listed, so your report is welcome, to remove such keys, which are not working.

I get error 13 again with Excel 30 days free version. I get that error if i have one or more saved stations or other systems. If i haven't any system, then it work normally:
https://pp.vk.me/c623618/v623618397/4cc70/bvYKrlVzayo.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c623618/v623618397/4cc81/SffoDt0VaOY.jpg

Same error as before?
Hmm... your office version is up-to-date (no further updates from MS)?

Please try the following:

1) Open a Command Prompt as Admin
2) type sfc /scannow
3) When that completes, shut down and restart PC
4) Uninstall Office fully
5) Restart
6) Install Office

Last edited:
If you want to get rid of all unregistered stations, please use TDM...

I re-ran TDM on my backup DB from yesterday that has all the unregistered stations. It comes up with the list of stations (270 of them), but I'm not sure which ones are the unregistered. I recognize some of them as stations I've been to, but some I'm not sure. I see I can just uncheck ones I don't want to keep, but is there a way I can tell which ones are unreg?

Also, when I installed 1.55, did I miss an option somewhere that would have prevented the unreg stations from being added in the first place?

Thanks,
Abil

I re-ran TDM on my backup DB from yesterday that has all the unregistered stations. It comes up with the list of stations (270 of them), but I'm not sure which ones are the unregistered. I recognize some of them as stations I've been to, but some I'm not sure. I see I can just uncheck ones I don't want to keep, but is there a way I can tell which ones are unreg?

Also, when I installed 1.55, did I miss an option somewhere that would have prevented the unreg stations from being added in the first place?

Thanks,
Abil

The stations, that are displayed at TDM are registered stations, unregistered are not shown. You can delete all unregistered station in the process of transfer. You will be questioned, if you want transfer the unregistered stations from your old database. Click on "NO" to delete them from your new database.

On default, the TCE database includes the unregistered stations. If you want to get rid of them, you have to use TDM, when creating a new without them. This have to be done only once for your database, because if you get a new version of TCE, you have to use TDM to make your old database compatible with the new version. If your old database didn't have an unregistered station, the new one will also have no unregistered stations.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom