Repetitive NPC Animations Break Immersion

AS much as I agree the easy difficulty is much more annoying just no challenge especially in ground conflict zones.

Issue logged ogged ged
20220509161742_1.jpg

This is the best day of my life.
We've had the repetitive Cruise ship announcements blasting through space since I've started playing and I can recite them by heart.
You know what I always thought was weird? Why is there only one or two cruise ship announcements? One or two pirate lines. It's just random text. There are 800 music tracks switched between for the bars in the game. Could you not have made 800 lines of text for the pirates to switch through? It's never made any sense to me.

I might be wrong, but I think these messages have a function too. If you get messages from a cruise ship it means that the system is safe and you won't get interdicted by a NPC?

You know what I always thought was weird? Why is there only one or two cruise ship announcements? One or two pirate lines. It's just random text. There are 800 music tracks switched between for the bars in the game. Could you not have made 800 lines of text for the pirates to switch through? It's never made any sense to me.
I guess that royalty-free musics are easier to find than royalty-free pirate's punch-lines.

The NPCs lack free roaming in the Concourse. The NPCs that walk around have a pre-determined route. Many stand in the same spot 24/7. Frontier implemented a basic version of station NPCs. We can only hope that they'll upgrade the AI on-par with Skyrim NPCs or better.

Last edited:
The NPCs lack free roaming in the Concourse. The NPCs that walk around have a pre-determined route. Many stand in the same spot 24/7. Frontier implemented a very basic version of station NPCs.
Well, at least if one takes a mission from them, there wouldn't be any need to search for them, else Frontier would be accused of yet another time-sink! :ROFLMAO:

The NPCs lack free roaming in the Concourse. The NPCs that walk around have a pre-determined route. Many stand in the same spot 24/7. Frontier implemented a basic version of station NPCs. We can only hope that they'll upgrade the AI on-par with Skyrim NPCs or better.
For a company that loves it's RNG it is a bit weird that the NPCs have a totally fixed routine.

Yep, I still remember all the comments made jibing away at SC when FDEV released a station interiors video pre-odysssey. I even think one of the CMs made a joke about it in a tweet or a livestream maybe.

Now here we are. Seating is hard.
But at least they're not standing on the chairs. That's where we draw the line. Elite's bugs on this side, and SC's bugs on that side.

Yeah the funny thing about Skyrim, what we saw in that game, was like 1/10th of what they were aiming for. Half of that crap didn't work. Everything that made the quests in Skyrim was one tiny piece of the AI and event and movement and trigger packages that they had made the bones of in Creation engine. Basically most of the quests, they had just settled in to this single method of doing things when there were actually like half a dozen different ways to start things and catch things and so on. There were more ways than I even understood why there are so many different ways.

But yeah the point is, all the magic of Skyrim, that was 1/10th of what they were setting up with Creation engine scripting abilities.

A while ago I saw a spread eagled npc floating above the surface close to his vehicle. It was kind of spooky, like some kind of satanic ritual had been performed.

This wouldn't make my list of top 1000 things that need improvement. Forest, trees...

Top Bottom