Report issues using the Issue Tracker

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
You cannot edit your own bug reports! So I have to add an additional comment in order to be able to attach some new information.

I also accidentally posted a report in the wrong section (sorry Planet Coaster :D), but I have no way of moving it. I tried to add a bit more information, as someone had replied to it, but I can't add and it won't tell me why.
h4OGazbl.jpg

Oh I worked out it's because the Reproduction Steps needs to be 30 characters, even though it doesn't say it does.

Last edited:
You cannot edit your own bug reports! So I have to add an additional comment in order to be able to attach some new information.

heh - I was wondering about that, but since you can't even tell what is your comment (as they only have that Frontier Id) I guess they don't want you to. If QA eventually answer any of the reports then I'm interested if we will be able to see that, as the page is very bland at the moment.

More suggestions :

1) Bug URLs should be more friendly - when I paste https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/181 into discord etc there is no way for anyone to know what I have linked by reading the URL.
2) If you could make it so we can link to menu options as well it would be cool - no way to the moment to send a link to 'confirmed' issues, people need to navigate through the site, which is not great.

thx!

Why did they get rid of the bug report forum. It allows people to ask questions in a more reasonable way. This should have been done in addition to the bug report forum. And have it be to help figure things out going into this and have more advanced discussion. Only having one is more stressful and less versatile for end users. Just have the bug report forum be a normal general forum at minimum. Or tie it into the new system somehow. Or is that planned?

Also, I think I submited an issue but I don't think it accepted it. I thought it did but when I went back to look at my issues it just had the field I filled in minus the title. It did not display the issue i any sense although it said I submited it. Can we not see the issues right away?

Last edited:
There is a problem with the Issue Tracker - but not that it is empty or something. For me it worked just now!

The problem is, that there are a lot of new issues reported now after the patch. And the problem with this is, that several issues were reported with different descriptions/headers, but are clearly about the same issue. As a consequence, for example the issue with the priority reset has several reports, one is already shown as 'Confirmed' and up to vote, while others still are active. It is unrealistic to hope, that people will 'confirm' in all these reports, but on the other hand it is left to us users, to look through now around 60-70 pages bug reports to find if a certain issue already has a report. This will never work!
And it casts serious doubt on the voting system, because what if I spent a vote on the 'Confirmed' issue with module priorities (actually did so), and one or more of the other reports about the same issues becomes confirmed? Am I expected to waste votes on this?
Who merges reports about issues which clearly are the same issue? I would not want to do this, as it would probably take hours, which should be spent for better things.

Please think about this!

I suspect that the duplication issue could be reduced if people would spend a little time using the search function on issue tracker first.

There is also something that checks for similar reports, but I haven’t checked it out, it appears about 2 screens in when submitting a report.

For me, it turns out that the Issue Tracker does not show any issues on Chrome.
If I use IE, then I can see live issues. :unsure:

EDIT: Working on Chrome now.

Last edited:
There is also something that checks for similar reports, but I haven’t checked it out, it appears about 2 screens in when submitting a report.

The 'Matching issues' feature is terrible - it's far too strict. I copied the first 29 characters of the title of an existing issue and just changed the last character, and it did not find a match! Thankfully the search facility is nice and loose, so like you say I guess the people that raised the restock all bugs didn't use it :)

Top Bottom