Report issues using the Issue Tracker

Could we get an explanation on what is the difference between "Confirmed" and "Acknowledged" in the issue tracker?
Thank You.

Certainly:-

Confirmed means that many commanders have reported the same issue, on the same platform (PC, Xbox, etc) or with the same type of graphics (Radeon, Nvidia etc)

Acknowledged is where nothing happens

:)

I'm boycotting the new bug tracker, which means none of my bugs will get fixed. 😞

Oh wait, that's the way it's always been! 🤭

Seriously though, my bug reporting days are over.

Issue tracker has many perks, but also many quirks. One of these are silly 4vote options and no sign of devs. In the past, devs (well, those that collect the data) at least had direct communication with the reporter. Now we just report, hoping others will see it and "me too-ed". Then we hope our issue will get enough likes to get devs attention. It's just seems silly.

So, how do you folks get into the Issue Tracker, anyway? For a few days now, nothing works for me at all, cannot view anything, cannot make a new report, nada, nyet, nil.

Why have some issues been set to invalid? There is no reason given.

This will not go down well for the bugs that don't seem invalid, like the srv damage bug https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/181

Perhaps they marked 181 as invalid and kept 198 as the active issue, which would be an odd thing to do as 198 is still in 'Confirming'. Do we know yet if they have the ability to merge issues?

Also, there is no audit trail i.e. when an issue is marked as fixed, acknowledged, invalid etc. there is no timestamp. Notice also that once an issue is put in one of these states the comments are lost. Not much thought seems to have gone into this system.

@Riverside -- I have tried that repeatedly but still can do nothing but Search for issues that I cannot view or respond to in any way. When I click on Submit a Report, I get

YOUR REPORT Unfortunately you are not able to submit an issue at this time. You can still browse existing issues or, alternatively, try again at a later date.

neither of which options works.

@Racetrack -- I've lost the ability to do anything on the site except Search.

@Riverside -- I have tried that repeatedly but still can do nothing but Search for issues that I cannot view or respond to in any way. When I click on Submit a Report, I get

YOUR REPORT Unfortunately you are not able to submit an issue at this time. You can still browse existing issues or, alternatively, try again at a later date.

neither of which options works.

@Racetrack -- I've lost the ability to do anything on the site except Search.

The issue you describe matches what I was seeing before logging out & back in again, but I was not able to browse existing stuff either.

So potentially it could be an issue with account permissions somehow. If clearing cookies/cache as main sequence suggests doesn't fix it I guess an e-mail to support would be the next logical step. As I say, just logging out & back in again (didn't even close the tab) worked for me, I've had the tab active in Chrome since they launched it without clearing cookies/cache but YMMV.

Not only am i unable to log into the 'issue tracker' with my normal forum account, as far as i can tell none of my bug reports have been migrated into the system - the majority of which have not been resolved and which i've documented - some very extensively in my own free time. I'd ask FDev to clarify how the issue tracker is supposed to work and what if/when we can expect bug reports to be migrated.

Right now the site's only use is to misdirect attention away from actual, still existing bugs and cover up FDevs failure in adressing the host of old bugs.

I'd like to stress that right now i am unable to file any new bug reports or manually migrate existing reports. Is this intended?

Not only am i unable to log into the 'issue tracker' with my normal forum account,

You need to log in with your Frontier (ie game) account. I guess this is to confirm that issues are only raised and commented on by people that actually own the game which is understandable.

There is a bit of a question mark over old bug reports, FDev did say they were carried over but other than checking the game to see whether your particular issue has been addressed it's difficult to recommend anything other than re-submitting your bug report or helping to confirm one already on the list (once you are able to).

Top Bottom