Report issues using the Issue Tracker

Also, the past couple days I was not able to log in at all. I was getting an auth error and it turned out I was getting the "invalid machine ID" error. I don't think the id error was showing in VR...if it was I didn't notice at all since it was in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, but noticed in pancake mode. Anyway, the fix to that is to use the "log out of machine" option in the launcher. For Steam users you will have to relink your accounts. I had to do that as well. Not sure if this was affecting anyone else though.

Hello All.

I'm not sure if this is an issue or I'm unlucky as I'm finding no great amounts of deep core asteroids in hots-spots fields as shown in deep core mining tutorial old/new.

I use the surface scanner to point out the hot-spots say low temperature diamonds on planetary rings, I fly the that spot highlighted and use the pules wave scanner to point out the deep core/light up the asteroids, a good few light up but maybe only one is a deep core one and what a poor amount of diamonds it have in most cases i get 3-4 tons per asteroid i do find.

I've watched many mining videos old/new on all aspects of mining showing me i can mine hundreds of tons per hour and earn millions in credits, and in most cases i follow to the letter but still fined one with diamonds maybe another with some other ore.

I have gone to known systems like Borann 2A, where i can mine the most but still only find one or two core asteroids.

Also i have restarted a new game still the same results with mining getting me thinking that this is either a fault issue or a deliberate random post/zip code don't get
restriction system.

Point of interest as i've watched old/new vids on mining i had noticed that old vids say Void Opal are the most valuable and in new vids Low Temperature Diamonds to be more valuable, no doubt as game got updated.

Hello All.

I'm not sure if this is an issue or I'm unlucky as I'm finding no great amounts of deep core asteroids in hots-spots fields as shown in deep core mining tutorial old/new.

I use the surface scanner to point out the hot-spots say low temperature diamonds on planetary rings, I fly the that spot highlighted and use the pules wave scanner to point out the deep core/light up the asteroids, a good few light up but maybe only one is a deep core one and what a poor amount of diamonds it have in most cases i get 3-4 tons per asteroid i do find.

I've watched many mining videos old/new on all aspects of mining showing me i can mine hundreds of tons per hour and earn millions in credits, and in most cases i follow to the letter but still fined one with diamonds maybe another with some other ore.

I have gone to known systems like Borann 2A, where i can mine the most but still only find one or two core asteroids.

Also i have restarted a new game still the same results with mining getting me thinking that this is either a fault issue or a deliberate random post/zip code don't get
restriction system.

Point of interest as i've watched old/new vids on mining i had noticed that old vids say Void Opal are the most valuable and in new vids Low Temperature Diamonds to be more valuable, no doubt as game got updated.
The thing with all videos of game tips is to be aware of the date they were made and how much before the latest game updates that is. This is especially true for "gold rush" videos which can become obsolete with the slightest change.

Void Opals were the get rich mining target of choice from when core mining arrived in game, they were eclipsed by surfaced mined LTDs more recently but the latest changes and the adding of Tritium to rings has changed the best locations.
There has always been a strong luck element in finding the right cores or the richest surface deposits, Borann 2A was before the update most profitably harvested by surface mining.

Hello aRJay

Thanks for reply, i do try to keep up to date when i look up tutorials when new patches come along just in case something change but mining seems to stay ralitively the same.

As i said i'm not finding the great amounts of core asteroids and as from a few hours ago i'm giving up after finding in three different systems extra large diamond hot spots with no diamonds or any core asteroids of any ore in any of them, plenty of surface stuff.

As I'm getting misleading scanning issues if the scanners say there's hot spots and nothing in them this seems to be a bug, and it's costing me more in limpets than i mine.

I just can't understand what is going on, as out of the some hundreds of systems witch most are so called to be the riches systems for mining only to get so far about forty plus tons of diamonds and ten tons of opals so mining is a no-no for me.

And now i wanted to have a go at FSS planetary scanning but can't access the FSS scanner there's no on key pomp and nothing in key binding settings to say what key is set for use.

I guess my three years away from the game were founded it was broken then and still broken now, i just can't get on.

Hello aRJay

And now i wanted to have a go at FSS planetary scanning but can't access the FSS scanner there's no on key pomp and nothing in key binding settings to say what key is set for use.
new/returning users keep making this error for some reason, Enter FSS does have a Key/button map and it is custom choice even on consoles... Its likely the FORCED icon that showed High lighting to SET new keys no longer shows after multi updates with out of date saves ...
On console the FSS is activated on default Key map With R1 and Triangle/B button
Its the LAST key map in "mode switches" under the Switch Cockpir mode in controls...

Custom Key binding files have been shown on PC only, to be incomparable if you don't update the save game with up dates.. this is a PC game issue only. fixed by moving save game files to another location...

new/returning users keep making this error for some reason, Enter FSS does have a Key/button map and it is custom choice even on consoles... Its likely the FORCED icon that showed High lighting to SET new keys no longer shows after multi updates with out of date saves ...
On console the FSS is activated on default Key map With R1 and Triangle/B button
Its the LAST key map in "mode switches" under the Switch Cockpir mode in controls...

Custom Key binding files have been shown on PC only, to be incomparable if you don't update the save game with up dates.. this is a PC game issue only. fixed by moving save game files to another location...

Thanks for info, i had wondered why most key functions were not in binding settings, though i'm using the same ships (better kitted out in some cases) as in up to date tutorials in witch they do the "Honk" and then the FSS pops up, there's no info on weather a key is pressed or the action is auto, but none of my ship don't bring up the FSS even though i follow same procedures, all other keys binds for FSS control are there but no other info on the now it open up in HUD.

I'll have a look for save files in the right places and try the move, i this don't work i'll bin the game as it's pointless if i can't do half the things the game has.

Anyway thanks again and happy going boldly where no pixel has gone before.

Hi All.

Thanks to all that replied answers to this thread and posts on me not finding great amounts of core mining and my other issue of not able to access FSS scan do to no on key bind.

The mining issue still exist.

As of a few hours ago on getting a small patch update i can now access the FSS scanner and the FSS on bind key now shows in the HUD change settings, why it's there and not in the FSS settings beets me.

My game jams after picking open or solo, ship spins around a few times then just jams :( ..just loaded after about 4mins on jam screen and crashed, error code Mauve Adder! ..i've cleared my cache and my fibre connection is working fine

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Can we please have some communication from Frontier of when there is going to be a reassessment and overhaul of the issue tracker?

The first issue is the fact that, as described by Chanté a while ago in one of the three threads we have for the issue tracker, there is a disparity in the amount of confirmation reports an issue needs to get before it is marked as confirmed. Elite should not require 10 while the other games only require 3. This leads to lots of instances of issues being marked as expired even though they aren't. I have plenty of issues I have created I could use as an example, but here's an easy one.

This is an issue about Wolf Rayet stars being displaying the incorrect visuals and details. It has been marked as expired, but it's still like it in the game. This issue isn't going to magically disappear just because 9 other people don't fly to the system to confirm it. Just port to the system, you'll see it's still there.

Then we have some of the more fundamental issues with the tracker itself. This is my list of issues that I have voted on apparently, which is incorrect because I have voted on issues.
itrME8Vl.png

This is my list of issues I have contributed to. A couple of errors here, the obvious one being it says there are 10 issues but it only displays 4. (no I don't have any filters on) Also all of these issues listed are issues I have created, not contributed on.
m2pR40Tl.png

I have documented dozens and dozens of issues over the years of playing this game, and at one stage built up a good relationship with the QA team who used to interact with us on the forums. Since moving over to the issue tracker it has been nothing but problems. There's no feedback, no interaction, it's not user friendly, and this needs to be addressed by Frontier. Please!

I knew this Issue Tracker was utter rubbish when it first released. That's when I stopped reporting bugs. Before, when we reported bugs via the forum, I would provide extremely detailed bug reports with photos, videos, etc. That was a long time ago. Now I just moan and groan and whine and wail and make clever signatures to get my pet bugs & design flaws noticed :p

Problem:
Deep Core Mining
Currently Obsevered Painite
after the Asteroid is Cracked
the Blaster can not lose ANY surface Deposits in this Asteroid
Other Asteroids no Problem with surface deposits.
so the Deep Core mining is for me currently useless as you lose 50% of the Asteroid.
Worked before the patch fine!
So Long

System PC

Greetings Commanders!

We are now excited to launch our new Issue Tracker! The Issue Tracker replaces our Bug Reporting forums and can be accessed here:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/

To report a bug simply log in with your regular Frontier account and click 'Submit Report'. You'll then be given all the steps you need to let us know about any issues you have experienced.

On this site you can:
  • Submit issues
  • Follow the status of your reports
  • See which issues have been reported by others
  • Vote on which issues matter most to you
  • Search for specific reports
  • Help contribute towards existing issues
With the launch of our new Issue Tracker the Bug Reporting forums will now be archived and all reports will now use the Issue Tracker.

Thank you for all your support so far and for helping raise awareness of the issues that are affecting your gameplay!
I can't use issue tracker because it won't let me type into the reproduction steps field and it is required to do so in order to complete the report. My cargo of LTD and VO disappeared from my FC cargo overnight.

So, I now have an Orange Sidewinder error each time I attempt to use Frame Shift Drive. I literally cannot travel anywhere now. Congrats FDev, you have broken the damn game for me. A game I had loved. This is getting really lame.

Last edited:
What's wrong with your Cobra 4?

I can transfer it from station to station all I want. I get the notification that it has arrive at its target location. But, the damned thing will not show in the "Stored Ships." I fly to a different system, and look in the "Ship Transfers" and there it is. I have spent millions of creds moving my Cobra 4 all over the bubble, but the game won't let me use my ship.

Top Bottom