Report issues using the Issue Tracker

Game is 100% unplayable for me on Horizons after today's patch. I get constant connection issues and black screen crashes. I have found no workarounds or fixes to fix this issue. I hate to say it but Odyssey should have been delayed and they need to test their patches. I JUST bought a HOTAS for this game and if these issues aren't resolved I may just get a refund. I love this game but since Odyssey's release the game has gone downhill at a steady rate.

Get the refund sooner rather than later if you aren't playing imo, you can always buy it again in the future you might not be able to get a refund in the future.

Seems after today's patch the AI have gotten a LOT dumber. System authority keep getting either between me and the pirate or behind him, making it almost impossible for me to shoot the target. Which makes it so they tend to get away due to it when before they wouldn't get so close and I could keep firing. System Authority/faction ships keep getting way too close to the target and ramming them too. Also when I attack a pirate, I sometimes don't get a bounty when I have been shooting them for a bit. This is annoying and game breaking for me. AI are also resetting in the middle of combat where if their shields are low or their integrity was damaged it will reset fully back to 100%.

Last edited:
I've attempted to report an issue on the tracker (a suit pack bought with ARX doesn't appear in loadouts - a known bug apparently), but when I try to view the issue, I get this:

iO9WhJM.jpg

Since the 2nd upgrade I can't seem to find Tritium anywhere. Matter of fact I can't find icy rings anywhere. It could be just bad luck but they're not usually this hard to find. I'm close to the galaxy core, about 2,000 ly from Sag A. I have the same problem in Horizons. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

While I'm here........purely in Odyssey, I can't plot a route over about 20 ly. This too started after the 2nd upgrade, so far as I can tell.

(I'm beginning to get the impression that FD are losing control)

Last edited:
Game is unplayable now. Constant crashes to desktop. Any word on this?

Edit: Well game was strange for few days but seems to be fine now. No crashes in a while.

Edit 2: Spoke too soon. Random crashing again. Damn I'm new to this game and I really want to like it but it's impossible to play right now and wasting an incredible amount of my time for 0 progress or payoff.

Last edited:
Hi guys, there is a problem in my opinion.
Yesterday I tried to make sizes with some friends of mine (we were in a wing of 4).
2 were with me in the anaconda and the fourth in his ship.
so 1 anaconda, 2 fighters and 1 corvette.
Now, we made bounties in a res. I found it odd that my 2 friends in the fighters didn't get anything except for me.
Is this normal or is it a bug? In my opinion this is something that needs to be fixed.

It was not a multi-crew session.

Last edited:
What's the point of an issue tracker at this point?
Seriously, the game runs like garbage on the most extreme rigs money can buy.
Random disconnects and crashing for everyone.
Hell, i can't even fly in someone elses ship without the game exploding.

Last edited:
What's the point of an issue tracker at this point?
Seriously, the game runs like garbage on the most extreme rigs money can buy.
Random disconnects and crashing for everyone.
Hell, i can't even fly in someone elses ship without the game exploding.

Your experience is rather different to mine although I agree the issue tracker may need some work.

I have an aging rig (i7 5820k GTX980ti) and it runs fine.

So, having played without many issues for an hour today the old Orange sidewinder appears and I am locked out again. Issue tracker notes an awefull lot of Orange sidewinders. Boo and also Hoo!

Your experience is rather different to mine although I agree the issue tracker may need some work.

I have an aging rig (i7 5820k GTX980ti) and it runs fine.
What exactly qualifies as fine? My point I'm making is that odyssey is raw, uncooked. Theres very little point in collecting reports when you already know how to fix a lot of the issues: finish cooking it.

When is Instancing and networking getting fixed?
There is still issues when in squads on open where no one or some would instance and others not?
Open is not "Open" if it is selective on what is displayed.
Then it might as well be something else entirely.
Might as well pull that "Multiplayer" sticker off your product.

When is Instancing and networking getting fixed?
There is still issues when in squads on open where no one or some would instance and others not?
Open is not "Open" if it is selective on what is displayed.
Then it might as well be something else entirely.
Might as well pull that "Multiplayer" sticker off your product.
The game has always been jank as all hell when it came to multiplayer. Before odyssey, it was functional. Now, you can't go 20 minutes traveling with a friend without unsyncing and spending 5 to 10 minutes trying to resync.
If I had to guess (since I don't know what the netcode is) Frontier probably destroyed multiplayer when they separated odyssey from horizons.

The game has always been jank as all hell when it came to multiplayer. Before odyssey, it was functional. Now, you can't go 20 minutes traveling with a friend without unsyncing and spending 5 to 10 minutes trying to resync.
If I had to guess (since I don't know what the netcode is) Frontier probably destroyed multiplayer when they separated odyssey from horizons.
When they made this spit is just going to complicate everything even further down the road in the future.
Bleak as it may be it would seem that fDev knows what players want for some reason.

What exactly qualifies as fine? My point I'm making is that odyssey is raw, uncooked. Theres very little point in collecting reports when you already know how to fix a lot of the issues: finish cooking it.
You said the game "runs like garbage" and "there are random disconnects and crashes for everyone".

I'm saying that I'm not seeing those things. Or, rather, way less than before.

I don't turn on the FPS counter to monitor how the game's performance stacks up: I just see smooth movement on concourses and on planets. However, I do know my GPU is working harder as there's a significant step up in fan noise.

To me, this is not "garbage".

Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to gainsay your experience - I'm just saying mine is different. And on a fairly low-specced rig ;)

You said the game "runs like garbage" and "there are random disconnects and crashes for everyone".

I'm saying that I'm not seeing those things. Or, rather, way less than before.

I don't turn on the FPS counter to monitor how the game's performance stacks up: I just see smooth movement on concourses and on planets. However, I do know my GPU is working harder as there's a significant step up in fan noise.

To me, this is not "garbage".

Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to gainsay your experience - I'm just saying mine is different. And on a fairly low-specced rig ;)
So you're seeing a solid 60 fps? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that one, considering im running a rtx 3070 and ill get fps drops down to 30 in ground combat.

No, I'm saying it looks/feels smooth to me. As I said, I don't have the FPS monitor on.
That doesn't really say anything. You could have the game locked at 30 fps and believe it to be "smooth".

Every major PC game releases with recommended requirements that achieve 60 fps on medium settings, and while its not perfect for every game, its relatively close.
Here, odyssey basically skipped optimization entirely, there is video evidence of the game rendering stuff behind the character and objects hiding behind buildings. I downgraded my resolution from 4k to 1080p and i still can't get a solid 60fps, with slow downs into the low 40s.
My friend that plays the game with the recommended specs drops down to 10 frames per second everytime he sees a fire.
If you're enjoying the game, then im happy for you, but understand that odyssey is extremely undercooked, even in an era of every game having a "kicked out the door early, fix it later" release.

Frontier understands exactly what it has to do, its just putting on a song and dance to buy themselves time.

I tried to complete a mission where I have to purchase and send X amount of items to another location. There should be a blue bar telling me how much I have delivered, however, it was not there. So I didn't know how many more times to continue.

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom